- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Polymer Science
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 731708, 7 pages
Three-Phase Characterization of Uniaxially Stretched Linear Low-Density Polyethylene
Department of Textiles, Ghent University, Technologiepark 907, 9052 Zwijnaarde, Belgium
Received 31 March 2011; Revised 12 July 2011; Accepted 20 August 2011
Academic Editor: Haojun Liang
Copyright © 2011 Blerina Kolgjini et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. C. Mcfaddin, K. E. Russell, G. Wu, and R. D. Heyding, “Characterization of polyethylenes by x-ray diffraction and 13C-NMR: temperature studies and the nature of the amorphous halo,” Journal of Polymer Science, Part B, vol. 31, no. 2, pp. 175–183, 1993.
- A. G. Simanke, R. G. Alamo, G. B. Galland, and R. S. Mauler, “Wide-angle X-ray scattering of random metallocene-ethylene copolymers with different types and concentration of comonomer,” Macromolecules, vol. 34, no. 20, pp. 6959–6971, 2001.
- P. Sajkiewicz, T. Hashimoto, K. Saijo, and A. Gradys, “Intermediate phase in poly(ethylene) as elucidated by the WAXS. Analysis of crystallization kinetics,” Polymer, vol. 46, no. 2, pp. 513–521, 2005.
- G. R. Strobl and W. Hagedorn, “Raman spectroscopic method for determining the crystallinity of polyethylene,” Journal of Polymer Science, Polymer Physics Edition, vol. 16, no. 7, pp. 1181–1193, 1978.
- P. J. In 't Veld, M. Hütter, and G. C. Rutledge, “Temperature-dependent thermal and elastic properties of the interlamellar phase of semicrystalline polyethylene by molecular simulation,” Macromolecules, vol. 39, no. 1, pp. 439–447, 2006.
- S. Nikolov, “Multi-scale constitutive modeling of the small deformations of semi-crystalline polymers,” Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids, vol. 50, no. 11, pp. 2275–2302, 2002.
- Z. Špitalský and T. Bleha, “Elastic moduli of highly stretched tie molecules in solid polyethylene,” Polymer, vol. 44, no. 5, pp. 1603–1611, 2003.
- S. Nikolov and I. Doghri, “A micro/macro constitutive model for the small-deformation behavior of polyethylene,” Polymer, vol. 41, no. 5, pp. 1883–1891, 2000.
- O. Gueguen, S. Ahzi, A. Makradi, and S. Belouettar, “A new three-phase model to estimate the effective elastic properties of semi-crystalline polymers: application to PET,” Mechanics of Materials, vol. 42, no. 1, pp. 1–10, 2010.
- X. Guan and R. Pitchumani, “A micromechanical model for the elastic properties of semicrystalline thermoplastic polymers,” Polymer Engineering and Science, vol. 44, no. 3, pp. 433–451, 2004.
- O. K. Muratoglu, A. S. Argon, R. E. Cohen, and M. Weinberg, “Toughening mechanism of rubber-modified polyamides,” Polymer, vol. 36, no. 5, pp. 921–930, 1995.
- G. Elsner, J. Kempf, J. W. Bartha, and H. H. Wagner, “Anisotropy of thermal expansion of thin polyimide films,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 185, no. 1, pp. 189–197, 1990.
- Z. Bartczak, A. S. Argon, R. E. Cohen, and T. Kowalewski, “The morphology and orientation of polyethylene in films of sub-micron thickness crystallized in contact with calcite and rubber substrates,” Polymer, vol. 40, no. 9, pp. 2367–2380, 1999.
- M. Glotin and L. Mandelkern, “A Raman spectroscopic study of the morphological structure of the polyethylenes,” Colloid & Polymer Science, vol. 260, no. 2, pp. 182–192, 1982.
- J. M. Lagaron, N. M. Dixon, W. Reed, J. M. Pastor, and B. J. Kip, “Morphological characterisation of the crystalline structure of cold- drawn HDPE used as a model material for the environmental stress cracking (ESC) phenomenon,” Polymer, vol. 40, no. 10, pp. 2569–2586, 1999.
- W. Lin, M. Cossar, V. Dang, and J. Teh, “The application of Raman spectroscopy to three-phase characterization of polyethylene crystallinity,” Polymer Testing, vol. 26, no. 6, pp. 814–821, 2007.
- L. Mandelkern, “The relation between structure and properties of crystalline polymers,” Polymer Journal, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 337–350, 1985.
- J. M. Lagarón, S. López-Quintana, J. C. Rodriguez-Cabello, J. C. Merino, and J. M. Pastor, “Comparative study of the crystalline morphology present in isotropic and uniaxially stretched conventional and metallocene polyethylenes,” Polymer, vol. 41, no. 8, pp. 2999–3010, 2000.
- S. Rabiej, B. Wlodzimierz, and B. Dorota, “The transition phase in polyethylene—WAXS and Raman investigations,” Fibres & Textiles in Eastern Europe, vol. 16, no. 6, pp. 57–62, 2008.
- W. G. Hu and K. Schmidt-Rohr, “Characterization of ultradrawn polyethylene fibers by NMR: crystallinity, domain sizes and a highly mobile second amorphous phase,” Polymer, vol. 41, no. 8, pp. 2979–2987, 2000.