- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Polymer Science
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 963549, 7 pages
Manufacturing and Structural Feasibility of Natural Fiber Reinforced Polymeric Structural Insulated Panels for Panelized Construction
Department of Civil, Construction, and Environmental Engineering, University of Alabama at Birmingham, AL 35205, USA
Received 14 April 2011; Accepted 28 April 2011
Academic Editor: Susheel Kalia
Copyright © 2011 Nasim Uddin and Rahul R. Kalyankar. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- 2011, http://www.ibpanels.com.
- 2011, http://www.toolbase.org.
- 2011, http://www.sips.org.
- The Engineered Wood Association (APA) The engineered wood association product guide.
- 2009, http://www.sipsupply.com.
- “Performance of physical structures in hurricane Katrina and hurricane Rita (2006): a reconnaissance report,” Tech. Rep., National Institute of Standards and Technology, Gaithersburg, Md, USA.
- A.S Vaidya, N. Uddin, and U. Vaidya, “Structural characterization of thermoplastic composite structural insulated panels (CSIPs),” Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering, 2008.
- B. C. Ray, Thermal Shock on Interfacial Adhesion of Thermally Conditioned Glass Fiber/Epoxy Composites, Department of Metallurgical and Materials Engineering, NIT Rourkela, India, 2004.
- Der Fakultät Maschinenwesen, Investigation on jute fibers and their composites based on polypropylene and epoxy matrices, Ph.D. Dissertation, University of Dresden Vietnam, 2006.
- B. C. Suddel and W. J. Evans, “The increasing use and application of natural fiber composite materials within the automotive industry,” in Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Wood Fiber-Plastic Composites, pp. 7–14, Madison, Wis, USA, 2003.
- A. R. Sanadi, D. F. Caulfield, R. E. Jacobson, and R. M. Rowell, “Renewable agricultural fibers as reinforcing fillers in plastics: mechanical properties of kenaf fiber-polypropylene composites,” Industrial and Engineering Chemistry Research, vol. 34, no. 5, pp. 1889–1896, 1995.
- 2009, http://www.epspackaging.org/.
- Daimler-Benz, “The corporate units in the Daimler Benz group,” Tech. Rep. 2, 1995, http://www.daimler-benz.com/mb/mb_e.html.
- P. K. Pal, “Jute reinforced plastics: a low cost composite material,” Plastics and Rubber Processing and Applications, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 215–219, 1984.
- 2011, http://www.ibpanels.com.
- 2011, http://www.mcmaster.com.
- A. K. Bledzki and S. Reihmane, “Thermoplastics reinforced with wood fillers: a literature review,” Journal of Polymer Plastic Technology and Engineering, vol. 37, no. 4, pp. 451–468, 1998.
- M. A. Mannan Khan, Characterization of Raw, Delignified and Bleached Jute Fibres by Study of Absorption of Moisture and Some Mechanical Properties, Physics Department, Curzon Hall, Dhaka University, Dhaka, Bangladesh, 1996.
- ASTM D 790 M-93; Standard Test Method for flexural properties of Unreinforced and Reinforced Plastics and Electrical Insulating Materials.