- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Polymer Science
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 484523, 10 pages
Synthesis of a Novel Family of Polysilsesquioxanes Having Oligothiophenes with Well-Defined Structures
Department of Applied Chemistry, Graduate School of Engineering, Hiroshima University, 1-4-1 Kagamiyama, Hiroshima, Higashi-Hiroshima 739-8527, Japan
Received 12 June 2012; Accepted 21 October 2012
Academic Editor: Kimihiro Matsukawa
Copyright © 2012 Ichiro Imae et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- N. Auner and J. Weis, Organosilicon Chemistry VI, from Molecules to Materials, Wiley-VCH, Weinheim, Germany, 2005.
- S. J. Clarson, J. J. Fitzgerald, M. J. Owen, S. D. Smith, and M. E. Van Dyke, Science and Technology of Silicones and Silicone-Modified Materials, ACS Symposium Series 964, Oxford University Press, Washington, DC, USA, 2007.
- C. Sanchez and F. Ribot, “Design of hybrid organic-inorganic materials synthesized via sol-gel chemistry,” New Journal of Chemistry, vol. 18, no. 10, pp. 1007–1047, 1994.
- K. J. Shea and D. A. Loy, “Bridged polysilsesquioxanes. Molecular-engineered hybrid organic−inorganic materials,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 13, no. 10, pp. 3306–3319, 2001.
- A. Walcarius, “Electrochemical applications of silica-based organic−inorganic hybrid materials,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 13, no. 10, pp. 3351–3372, 2001.
- R. Corriu, “Organosilicon chemistry and nanoscience,” Journal of Organometallic Chemistry, vol. 686, no. 1-2, pp. 32–41, 2003.
- A. Walcarius, D. Mandler, J. A. Cox, M. Collinson, and O. Lev, “Exciting new directions in the intersection of functionalized sol-gel materials with electrochemistry,” Journal of Materials Chemistry, vol. 15, no. 35-36, pp. 3663–3689, 2005.
- F. Lerouge, G. Cerveau, and R. J. P. Corriu, “Supramolecular self-organization in non-crystalline hybrid organic-inorganic nanomaterials induced by van der Waals interactions,” New Journal of Chemistry, vol. 30, no. 10, pp. 1364–1376, 2006.
- D. Fichou, Ed., Handbook of Oligo- and Polythiophenes, Wiley-VCH, Weinheim, Germany, 1999.
- P. Bäuerle, “Oligothiophenes,” in Electronic Materials: the Oligomer Approach, K. Müllen and G. Wegner, Eds., chapter 2, pp. 105–1197, Wiley-VCH, Weinheim, Germany, 1998.
- A. Mishra, C. Q. Ma, and P. Bäuerle, “Functional oligothiophenes: molecular design for multidimensional nanoarchitectures and their applications,” Chemical Reviews, vol. 109, no. 3, pp. 1141–1276, 2009.
- I. Imae, S. Takayama, D. Tokita et al., “Development of anchored oligothiophenes on substrates for the application to the tunable transparent conductive films,” Polymer, vol. 50, no. 26, pp. 6198–6201, 2009.
- Y. Harima, J. Ohshita, I. Imae, T. Sugioka, and K. Kanehira, “Electrically conductive laminates having organic compounds on surfaces and their manufacture, doped electrically conductive materials, and electrochromic materials,” JP 2010266727 A 20101125, Japan Kokai Tokkyo Koho, 2010.
- I. Imae, D. Tokita, Y. Ooyama, K. Komaguchi, J. Ohshita, and Y. Harima, “Charge transport properties of polymer films comprising oligothiophene in silsesquioxane network,” Polymer Chemistry, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 868–872, 2011.
- I. Imae, D. Tokita, Y. Ooyama, K. Komaguchi, J. Ohshita, and Y. Harima, “Oligothiophenes incorporated in a polysilsesquioxane network: application to tunable transparent conductive films,” Journal of Materials Chemistry, vol. 22, pp. 16407–16415, 2012.
- R. J. P. Corriu, J. J. E. Moreau, P. Thepot, and M. W. C. Man, “Trialkoxysilyl Mono-, Bi-, and terthiophenes as molecular precursors of hybrid organic-inorganic materials,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 6, no. 5, pp. 640–649, 1994.
- Y. Harima, Y. Kunugi, K. Yamashita, and M. Shiotani, “Determination of mobilities of charge carriers in electrochemically anion-doped polythiophene film,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 317, no. 3–5, pp. 310–314, 2000.
- J. Yano, M. Kobayashi, S. Yamasaki, Y. Harima, and K. Yamashita, “Mean redox potentials of polyaniline determined by chronocoulometry,” Synthetic Metals, vol. 119, no. 1–3, pp. 315–316, 2001.
- Y. Harima, T. Eguchi, and K. Yamashita, “Enhancement of carrier mobilities in poly(3-methylthiophene) by an electrochemical doping,” Synthetic Metals, vol. 95, no. 1, pp. 69–74, 1998.
- The American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) D, 3363- 92, Test Method for Film Hardness by Pencil Test.
- I. Imae, S. Imabayashi, K. Korai et al., “Electrosynthesis and charge-transport properties of poly(3′,4′-ethylenedioxy-2,2′:5′,2′′-terthiophene),” Materials Chemistry and Physics, vol. 131, no. 5, pp. 752–756, 2012.