- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Polymer Science
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 586594, 9 pages
A Synthetic Route to Quaternary Pyridinium Salt-Functionalized Silsesquioxanes
1Department of Chemistry, University of Tromsø, Hansine Hansens veg, 9037 Tromsø, Norway
2Chemisches Institut, Otto-von-Guericke-Universität, Universitätsplatz 2, 39106 Magdeburg, Germany
Received 5 June 2012; Accepted 12 August 2012
Academic Editor: Yoshiro Kaneko
Copyright © 2012 Nataliya Kostenko et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. S. Worley and G. Sun, “Biocidal polymers,” Trends in Polymer Science, vol. 4, pp. 364–370, 1996.
- O. A. Legonkova, “Modern conception of biodegradable and biocide polymers and composite materials on their basis,” in New Topics in Monomer and Polymer Research, pp. 61–73, Nova Science, Hauppauge, NY, U.S.A., 2007.
- J. Markarian, “Antimicrobials find new healthcare applications,” Plastics, Additives and Compounding, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 18–22, 2009.
- B. L. Rivas, E. Pereira, and A. Maureira, “Functional water-soluble polymers: polymer-metal ion removal and biocide properties,” Polymer International, vol. 58, no. 10, pp. 1093–1114, 2009.
- J. C. Huang, C. B. He, Y. Xiao, K. Y. Mya, J. Dai, and Y. P. Siow, “Polyimide/POSS nanocomposites: interfacial interaction, thermal properties and mechanical properties,” Polymer, vol. 44, no. 16, pp. 4491–4499, 2003.
- B. X. Fu, M. Y. Gelfer, B. S. Hsiao et al., “Physical gelation in ethylene-propylene copolymer melts induced by polyhedral oligomeric silsesquioxane (POSS) molecules,” Polymer, vol. 44, no. 5, pp. 1499–1506, 2003.
- C. M. Leu, Y. T. Chang, and K. H. Wei, “Synthesis and dielectric properties of polyimide-tethered polyhedral oligomeric silsesquioxane (POSS) nanocomposites via poss-diamine,” Macromolecules, vol. 36, no. 24, pp. 9122–9127, 2003.
- S. H. Phillips, T. S. Haddad, and S. J. Tomczak, “Developments in nanoscience: polyhedral oligomeric silsesquioxane (POSS)-polymers,” Current Opinion in Solid State and Materials Science, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 21–29, 2004.
- L. Zheng, S. Hong, G. Cardoen, E. Burgaz, S. P. Gido, and E. B. Coughlin, “Polymer nanocomposites through controlled self-assembly of cubic silsesquioxane scaffolds,” Macromolecules, vol. 37, no. 23, pp. 8606–8611, 2004.
- Y. J. Lee, S. W. Kuo, W. J. Huang, H. Y. Lee, and F. C. Chang, “Miscibility, specific interactions, and self-assembly behavior of phenolic/polyhedral oligomeric silsesquioxane hybrids,” Journal of Polymer Science, Part B, vol. 42, no. 6, pp. 1127–1136, 2004.
- A. Fina, D. Tabuani, A. Frache, and G. Camino, “Polypropylene-polyhedral oligomeric silsesquioxanes (POSS) nanocomposites,” Polymer, vol. 46, no. 19, pp. 7855–7866, 2005.
- J. Zeng, S. Kumar, S. Iyer, D. A. Schiraldi, and R. I. Gonzalez, “Reinforcement of poly(ethylene terephthalate) fibers with polyhedral oligomeric silsesquioxanes (POSS),” High Performance Polymers, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 403–424, 2005.
- K. H. Yoon, M. B. Polk, J. H. Park, B. G. Min, and D. A. Schiraldi, “Properties of poly(ethylene terephthalate) containing epoxy-functionalized polyhedral oligomeric silsesquioxane,” Polymer International, vol. 54, no. 1, pp. 47–53, 2005.
- R. Misra, B. X. Fu, and S. E. Morgan, “Surface energetics, dispersion, and nanotribomechanical behavior of POSS/PP hybrid nanocomposites,” Journal of Polymer Science, Part B, vol. 45, no. 17, pp. 2441–2455, 2007.
- Y. Zhao and D. A. Schiraldi, “Thermal and mechanical properties of polyhedral oligomeric silsesquioxane (POSS)/polycarbonate composites,” Polymer, vol. 46, no. 25, pp. 11640–11647, 2005.
- J. Wu, T. S. Haddad, G. M. Kim, and P. T. Mather, “Rheological behavior of entangled Polystyrene-Polyhedral Oligosilsesquioxane (POSS) copolymers,” Macromolecules, vol. 40, no. 3, pp. 544–554, 2007.
- S. Roy, B. J. Lee, Z. M. Kakish, and S. C. Jana, “Exploiting POSS-Sorbitol interactions: issues of reinforcement of isotactic polypropylene spun fibers,” Macromolecules, vol. 45, pp. 2420–2433, 2012.
- J. Wu and P. T. Mather, “POSS polymers: physical properties and biomaterials applications,” Polymer Reviews, vol. 49, no. 1, pp. 25–63, 2009.
- F. J. Feher, D. A. Newman, and J. F. Walzer, “Silsesquioxanes as models for silica surfaces,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 111, no. 5, pp. 1741–1748, 1989.
- F. J. Feher and T. A. Budzichowski, “Silasesquioxanes as ligands in inorganic and organometallic chemistry,” Polyhedron, vol. 14, no. 22, pp. 3239–3253, 1995.
- V. Lorenz, A. Fischer, S. Gießmann et al., “Disiloxanediolates and polyhedral metallasilsesquioxanes of the early transition metals and f-elements,” Coordination Chemistry Reviews, vol. 206-207, pp. 321–368, 2000.
- V. Lorenz and F. T. Edelmann, “Metallasilsesquioxanes,” Advances in Organometallic Chemistry, vol. 53, pp. 101–153, 2005.
- D. B. Cordes, P. D. Lickiss, and F. Rataboul, “Recent developments in the chemistry of cubic polyhedral oligosilsesquioxanes,” Chemical Reviews, vol. 110, no. 4, pp. 2081–2173, 2010.
- N. S. Nametkin, I. N. Lyashenko, T. I. Tchernysheva, S. N. Borisov, and V. A. Pestushevitch, Doklady Akademija Nauk SSSR, vol. 174, pp. 1105–1108, 1967.
- H.-R. Grüniger and G. Calzaferri, “Synthese von 4-Trichlorsilylmethylbenzonitril und 4-(2-Trichlorsilyläthyl)pyridin zur Oberflächenmodifikation von Zinndioxid,” Helvetica Chimica Acta, vol. 62, pp. 2547–2550, 1979.
- M. G. Voronkov, N. N. Vlasova, S. A. Bolshakova, and S. V. Kirpichenko, “The catalytic reactions of triethyl- and triethoxy-silane with unsaturated sulphides,” Journal of Organometallic Chemistry, vol. 190, no. 4, pp. 335–341, 1980.
- W. Caseri and P. S. Pregosin, “Mechanistic aspects of the platinum catalysed hydrosilylation of PhC=CH2 with Et3SiH,” Journal of Organometallic Chemistry, vol. 356, no. 2, pp. 259–269, 1988.
- C. Polizzi, A. M. Caporusso, G. Vitulli, P. Salvadori, and M. Pasero, “Supported platinum atoms derived catalysts in the hydrosilylation of unsaturated substrates,” Journal of Molecular Catalysis, vol. 91, no. 1, pp. 83–90, 1994.
- M. F. Lappert and F. P. A. Scott, “The reaction pathway from Speier's to Karstedt's hydrosilylation catalyst,” Journal of Organometallic Chemistry, vol. 492, no. 2, pp. C11–C13, 1995.
- S. Sakaki, N. Mizoe, M. Sugimoto, and Y. Musashi, “Pt-catalyzed hydrosilylation of ethylene. A theoretical study of the reaction mechanism,” Coordination Chemistry Reviews, vol. 190–192, pp. 933–960, 1999.
- Q. J. Miao, Z. P. Fang, and G. P. Cai, “Silica-supported Karstedt-type catalyst for hydrosilylation reactions,” Catalysis Communications, vol. 4, no. 12, pp. 637–639, 2003.
- J. Annand, H. C. Aspinall, and A. Steiner, “Novel heterometallic lanthanide silsesquioxane,” Inorganic Chemistry, vol. 38, no. 17, pp. 3941–3943, 1999.
- V. Lorenz, S. Gießmann, Y. K. Gun'ko, A. K. Fischer, J. W. Gilje, and F. T. Edelmann, “Fully metalated silsesquioxanes: building blocks for the construction of catalyst models,” Angewandte Chemie, vol. 43, no. 35, pp. 4603–4606, 2004.