- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Polymer Science
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 592759, 16 pages
Nanospheres Prepared by Self-Assembly of Random Copolymers in Supercritical Carbon Dioxide
Department of Environmental and Life Sciences, Toyohashi University of Technology, 1-1 Hibarigaoka, Tempaku-cho, Toyohashi, Aichi 441-8580, Japan
Received 19 August 2011; Accepted 28 November 2011
Academic Editor: Takashi Kaneko
Copyright © 2012 Eri Yoshida. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Y. K. Ha, H. S. Song, H. J. Lee, and J. H. Kim, “Preparation of core particles for toner application by membrane emulsification,” Colloids and Surfaces A, vol. 162, no. 1–3, pp. 289–293, 2000.
- L. A. Simpson, J. Robb, J. Banford, P. F. Dietz, and J. Temperley, “Composite pigmentary material,” Eur Pat Appl EP 573150 A2 8 Dec: 14, 1993.
- D. S. Schlossman, “Method of coupling cosmetic materials and cosmetics containing coupled materials,” US 5314683 A1 24 May: 12, 1994.
- B. Bohnel and D. L. Schlosser, “Aqueous, repositionable, high peel strength pressure sensitive adhesives,” Eur Pat Appl EP 439941 A1 7 Aug: 11, 1991.
- S. Di and V. Frank, “Aqueous high performance contact adhesive containing microspheres,” Eur Pat Appl EP 534393 A1 31 Mar: 9, 1993.
- K. A. Yoon and D. J. Burgess, “Effect of cationic surfactant on transport of model drugs in emulsion systems,” Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, vol. 49, no. 5, pp. 478–484, 1997.
- M. J. Lawrence, S. M. Lawrence, and D. J. Barlow, “Aggregation and surface properties of synthetic double-chain non-ionic surfactants in aqueous solution,” Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, vol. 49, no. 6, pp. 594–600, 1997.
- M. Zerfa and B. W. Brooks, “Experimental investigation of vinyl chloride drop behavior during suspension polymerization,” Journal of Applied Polymer Science, vol. 65, no. 1, pp. 127–134, 1997.
- G. Wang, M. Li, and X. Chen, “Inverse suspension polymerization of sodium acrylate,” Journal of Applied Polymer Science, vol. 65, no. 4, pp. 789–794, 1997.
- Y. Chen and H. W. Yang, “Hydroxypropyl cellulose (HPC)-stabilized dispersion polymerization of styrene in polar solvents: effect of reaction parameters,” Journal of Polymer Science A, vol. 30, no. 13, pp. 2765–2772, 1992.
- D. Horak, F. Svec, and J. M. J. Frechet, “Preparation of colored poly(styrene-co-butyl methacrylate) micrometer size beads with narrow size distribution by dispersion polymerization in presence of dyes,” Journal of Polymer Science A, vol. 33, pp. 2961–2968, 1995.
- H. Bamnolker and S. Marcel, “Dispersion polymerization of styrene in polar solvents: effect of reaction parameters on microsphere surface composition and surface properties, size and size distribution, and molecular weight,” Journal of Polymer Science A, vol. 34, no. 10, pp. 1857–1871, 1996.
- M. B. Taylor, R. D. Gilbert, and V. T. Stannett, “Radiation-initiated inverse emulsion polymerization of vinylpyrrolidone,” Journal of Applied Polymer Science, vol. 53, no. 10, pp. 1385–1390, 1994.
- F. Sun and E. Ruckenstein, “Preparation of high molecular weight monodisperse polystyrene latexes by concentrated emulsion polymerization,” Journal of Applied Polymer Science, vol. 48, no. 7, pp. 1279–1288, 1993.
- C. S. Chern and Y. C. Chen, “Semibatch emulsion polymerization of butyl acrylate stabilized by a polymerizable surfactant,” Polymer Journal, vol. 28, no. 7, pp. 627–632, 1996.
- J. B. McClain, D. E. Betts, D. A. Canelas et al., “Design of nonionic surfactants for supercritical carbon dioxide,” Science, vol. 274, no. 5295, pp. 2049–2052, 1996.
- E. Buhler, A. V. Dobrynin, J. M. DeSimone, and M. Rubinstein, “Light-scattering study of diblock copolymers in supercritical carbon dioxide: CO2 density-induced micellization transition,” Macromolecules, vol. 31, no. 21, pp. 7347–7355, 1998.
- S. Zhou and B. Chu, “Self-assembly behavior of a diblock copolymer of poly(1-dihydroperfluorooctyl acrylate) and poly(vinyl acetate) in supercritical carbon dioxide,” Macromolecules, vol. 31, no. 22, pp. 7746–7755, 1998.
- C. Baysal, B. Erman, and B. Chu, “Conformational features of poly(1-dihydroperfluorooctyl acrylate) and poly(vinyl acetate) diblock oligomers in supercritical carbon dioxide,” Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 114, no. 12, pp. 5444–5449, 2001.
- F. Triolo, A. Triolo, R. Triolo et al., “Critical micelle density for the self-assembly of block copolymer surfactants in supercritical carbon dioxide,” Langmuir, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 416–421, 2000.
- M. Nakano, M. Deguchi, K. Matsumoto, H. Matsuoka, and H. Yamaöka, “Self-assembly of poly(l,l-diethylsilabutane)-block-poly(2-hydroxyethyl methacrylate) block copolymer. 1. Micelle formation and micelle-unimer-reversed micelle transition by solvent composition,” Macromolecules, vol. 32, no. 22, pp. 7437–7443, 1999.
- E. D. Niemeyer and F. V. Bright, “The pH within PFPE reverse micelles formed in supercritical CO2,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 102, no. 8, pp. 1474–1478, 1998.
- D. C. Steytler and J. D. Holmes, “Aggregation and solubilisation in near critical CO2 studied by scattering methods,” Current Opinion in Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 299–304, 1998.
- E. Yoshida and A. Mineyama, “Synthesis of spherical particles by self-assembly of poly[2-(perfluorooctyl)ethyl acrylate-co-acrylic acid] in supercritical carbon dioxide,” Colloid and Polymer Science, vol. 286, no. 8-9, pp. 975–981, 2008.
- E. Yoshida and A. Nagakubo, “Convenient synthesis of microspheres by self-assembly of random copolymers in supercritical carbon dioxide,” Colloid and Polymer Science, vol. 285, no. 4, pp. 441–447, 2007.
- E. Yoshida and A. Nagakubo, “Superhydrophobic surfaces of microspheres obtained by self-assembly of poly[2-(perfluorooctyl)ethyl acrylate-ran-2-(dimethylamino)ethyl acrylate] in supercritical carbon dioxide,” Colloid and Polymer Science, vol. 285, no. 11, pp. 1293–1297, 2007.
- S. Kobayahshi, H. Uyama, I. Yamamoto, and Y. Matsumoto, “Preparation of monodispered poly(methyl methacrylate) particle in the size of mícron range,” Polymer Journal, vol. 22, no. 8, pp. 759–761, 1990.