- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Polymer Science
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 692604, 10 pages
Iron Oxide Arrays Prepared from Ferrocene- and Silsesquioxane-Containing Block Copolymers
Department of Organic and Polymeric Materials, Tokyo Institute of Technology, 2-12-1-S8-36 Ookayama, Meguro-ku, Tokyo 152-8552, Japan
Received 13 August 2012; Accepted 11 October 2012
Academic Editor: Maki Itoh
Copyright © 2012 Raita Goseki et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Lazzari and M. A. López-Quintela, “Block copolymers as a tool for nanomaterial fabrication,” Advanced Materials, vol. 15, no. 19, pp. 1583–1594, 2003.
- C. Park, J. Yoon, and E. L. Thomas, “Enabling nanotechnology with self assembled block copolymer patterns,” Polymer, vol. 44, no. 22, pp. 6725–6760, 2003.
- J. Y. Cheng, C. A. Ross, H. I. Smith, and E. L. Thomas, “Templated self-assembly of block copolymers: top-down helps bottom-up,” Advanced Materials, vol. 18, no. 19, pp. 2505–2521, 2006.
- M. Park, C. Harison, P. M. Chaikin, R. A. Register, and D. H. Adamson, “Block copolymer lithography: periodic arrays of ~1011 holes in 1 square centimeter,” Science, vol. 276, no. 5317, pp. 1401–1404, 1997.
- C. J. Hawker and T. P. Russell, “Block copolymer lithography: merging “bottom-up” with “top-down” processes,” MRS Bulletin, vol. 30, no. 12, pp. 952–966, 2005.
- J. Bang, U. Jeong, D. Y. Ryu, T. P. Russell, and C. J. Hawker, “Block copolymer lithography: translation of molecular level control to nanoscale patterns,” Advanced Materials, vol. 21, no. 47, pp. 4769–4792, 2009.
- A. V. Ruzette and L. Leibler, “Block copolymers in tomorrow's plastics,” Nature Materials, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 19–31, 2005.
- A. S. Abd-El-Aziz and I. Manners, Frontiers in Transition Metal-Containing Polymers, Wiley-Interscience, Hoboken, NJ, USA, 2007.
- I. Manners, Synthetic Metal-Containing Polymers, VCH, Weinheim, Germany, 2004.
- D. Wohrle and A. D. Pomogailo, Metal Complexes and Metals in Macromolecules: Synthesis, Structure and Properties, Wiley-VCH, Weinheim, Germany, 2003.
- C. E. Carraher, A. S. Abd-El-Aziz, C. Pittman, J. Sheats, and M. Zeldin, A Half Century of Metal and Metalloid Containing Polymers, Wiley, New York, NY, USA, 2003.
- M. Rehahn, “Organic-inorganic hybrid polymers,” in Synthesis of Polymers: A Volume of the Materials Science and Technology Series, A. D. Schluter, Ed., Wiley-VCH, Weinheim, Germany, 1999.
- P. Nguyen, P. Gómez-Elipe, and L. Manners, “Organometallic polymers with transition metals in the main chain,” Chemical Reviews, vol. 99, no. 6, pp. 1515–1548, 1999.
- I. Manners, “Polymer science with transition metals and main group elements: towards functional, supramolecular inorganic polymeric materials,” Journal of Polymer Science A, vol. 40, no. 2, pp. 179–191, 2002.
- W. A. De Heer, A. Châtelain, and D. Ugarte, “A carbon nanotube field-emission electron source,” Science, vol. 270, no. 5239, pp. 1179–1180, 1995.
- S. J. Tans, A. R. M. Verschueren, and C. Dekker, “Room-temperature transistor based on a single carbon nanotube,” Nature, vol. 393, no. 6680, pp. 49–52, 1998.
- D. H. Lee, D. O. Shin, W. J. Lee, and S. O. Kim, “Hierarchically organized carbon nanotube arrays from self-assembled block copolymer nanotemplates,” Advanced Materials, vol. 20, no. 13, pp. 2480–2485, 2008.
- A. Javey and H. Dai, “Regular arrays of 2 nm metal nanoparticles for deterministic synthesis of nanomaterials,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 127, no. 34, pp. 11942–11943, 2005.
- Y. Li, W. Kim, Y. Zhang, M. Rolandi, D. Wang, and H. Dai, “Growth of single-walled carbon nanotubes from discrete catalytic nanoparticles of various sizes,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 105, no. 46, pp. 11424–11431, 2001.
- C. L. Cheung, A. Kurtz, H. Park, and C. M. Lieber, “Diameter-controlled synthesis of carbon nanotubes,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 106, no. 10, pp. 2429–2433, 2002.
- L. An, J. M. Owens, L. E. McNeil, and J. Liu, “Synthesis of nearly uniform single-walled carbon nanotubes using identical metal-containing molecular nanoclusters as catalysts,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 124, no. 46, pp. 13688–13689, 2002.
- J. Q. Lu, T. E. Kopley, N. Moll et al., “High-quality single-walled carbon nanotubes with small diameter, controlled density, and ordered locations using a polyferrocenylsilane block copolymer catalyst precursor,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 17, no. 9, pp. 2227–2231, 2005.
- J. Lu, S. S. Yi, T. Kopley, C. Qian, J. Liu, and E. Gulari, “Fabrication of ordered catalytically active nanoparticles derived from block copolymer micelle templates for controllable synthesis of single-walled carbon nanotubes,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 110, no. 13, pp. 6655–6660, 2006.
- S. Lastella, Y. J. Jung, H. Yang et al., “Density control of single-walled carbon nanotubes using patterned iron nanoparticle catalysts derived from phase-separated thin films of a polyferrocene block copolymer,” Journal of Materials Chemistry, vol. 14, no. 12, pp. 1791–1794, 2004.
- K. Temple, K. Kulbaba, K. N. Power-Billard et al., “Spontaneous vertical ordering and pyrolytic formation of nanoscopic ceramic patterns from poly(styrene-b-ferrocenylsilane),” Advanced Materials, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 297–300, 2003.
- C. Hinderling, Y. Keles, T. Stöckli et al., “Organometallic block copolymers as catalyst precursors for templated carbon nanotube growth,” Advanced Materials, vol. 16, no. 11, pp. 876–879, 2004.
- J. Q. Lu, D. A. Rider, E. Onyegam et al., “Carbon nanotubes with small and tunable diameters from poly(ferrocenylsilane)-block-Polysiloxane diblock copolymers,” Langmuir, vol. 22, no. 11, pp. 5174–5179, 2006.
- T. Hirai, M. Leolukman, C. C. Liu et al., “One-step direct-patterning template utilizing self-assembly of POSS-containing block copolymers,” Advanced Materials, vol. 21, no. 43, pp. 4334–4338, 2009.
- T. Hirai, M. Leolukman, S. Jin et al., “Hierarchical self-assembled structures from POSS-containing block copolymers synthesized by living anionic polymerization,” Macromolecules, vol. 42, no. 22, pp. 8835–8843, 2009.
- Y. Ishida, Y. Tada, T. Hirai et al., “Directed self-assembly of cage silsesquioxane containing block copolymers via graphoepitaxy techniques,” Journal of Photopolymer Science and Technology, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 155–159, 2010.
- Y. Ishida, T. Hirai, R. Goseki, M. Tokita, M. Kakimoto, and T. Hayakawa, “Synthesis and self-assembly of thermotropic block copolymer with long alkyl tethered cage silsesquioxane in the side chain,” Journal of Polymer Science A, vol. 49, no. 12, pp. 2653–2664, 2011.
- R. Goseki, T. Hirai, Y. Ishida, M. Kakimoto, and T. Hayakawa, “Rapid and reversible morphology control in thin films of poly(ethylene oxide)-block-POSS containing poly(methacrylate),” Polymer Journal, vol. 44, pp. 658–664, 2012.
- Y. Tada, H. Yoshida, Y. Ishida et al., “Directed self-assembly of POSS containing block copolymer on lithographically defined chemical template with morphology control by solvent vapor,” Macromolecules, vol. 45, no. 1, pp. 292–304, 2012.
- C. U. Pittman, “Anionic homopolymerization of ferrocenylmethyl methacrylate,” Journal of Polymer Science Part A, vol. 15, no. 7, pp. 1677–1686, 1977.
- T. Higashihara and R. Faust, “Synthesis of novel block copolymers comprised of polyisobutylene and poly(vinylferrocene) segments,” Macromolecules, vol. 40, no. 21, pp. 7453–7463, 2007.
- F. Yan, T. Higashihara, R. Mosurkal et al., “Self organization and redox behavior of poly(vinylferrocene)-block- poly(isobutylene)-block-poly(vinylferrocene) triblock copolymer,” Journal of Macromolecular Science A, vol. 45, no. 11, pp. 911–914, 2008.
- Y. Yang, Z. Xie, and C. Wu, “Novel synthesis and characterization of side-chain ferrocene-containing polymers,” Macromolecules, vol. 35, no. 9, pp. 3426–3432, 2002.
- M. Gallei, B. V. K. J. Schmidt, R. Klein, and M. Rehahn, “Defined poly[styrene-block-(ferrocenylmethyl methacrylate)] diblock copolymers via living anionic polymerization,” Macromolecular Rapid Communications, vol. 30, no. 17, pp. 1463–1469, 2009.
- M. Gallei, S. Tockner, R. Klein, and M. Rehahn, “Silacydobutane-based diblock copolymers with vinylferrocene, ferrocenylmethyl methacrylate, and dimethylsilaferrocenophane,” Macromolecular Rapid Communications, vol. 31, no. 9-10, pp. 889–896, 2010.
- J. K. Lindsay and C. R. Hauser, “Aminomethylation of ferrocene to form N,N-dimethylaminomethylferrocene and its conversion to the corresponding alcohol and aldehyde,” Journal of Organic Chemistry, vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 355–358, 1957.