- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Polymer Science
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 767581, 13 pages
Thermal and Optical Characterization of Polymer-Dispersed Liquid Crystals
School of Applied Sciences, RMIT University, GPO Box 2476, Melbourne, VIC 3001, Australia
Received 4 August 2011; Revised 24 January 2012; Accepted 31 January 2012
Academic Editor: Wen Fu Lee
Copyright © 2012 Robert A. Shanks and Daniel Staszczyk. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- E. B. Priestly, “Liquid crystal mesophases,” in Introduction to Liquid Crystals, E. B. Priestly, P. J. Wojtowicz, and P. Sheng, Eds., chapter 1, pp. 1–13, Plenum Press, New York, NY, USA, 1975.
- A. W. Levine, “Property relationships in thermotropic organic liquid crystals,” in Introduction to Liquid Crystals, E. B. Priestly, P. J. Wojtowicz, and P. Sheng, Eds., chapter 2, pp. 15–28, Plenum Press, New York, NY, USA, 1975.
- C. Noel, “Identification of mesophases exhibited by thermotropic liquid crystalline polymers,” in Polymeric Liquid Crystals, A. Blumstein, Ed., pp. 21–59, Plenum Press, New York, NY, USA, 1983.
- M. Abramowitz, Microscope Basics and Beyond, vol. 1, Olympus America, 2003.
- H. Kelker and R. Hatz, Handbook of Liquid Crystals, chapter 1, Chemie, Weinheim, Germany, 1980.
- A. C. Griffin, S. R. Vaidya, and M. L. Steele, “Liquid crystalline polymers: phenomenological and synthetic aspects,” in Polymeric Liquid Crystals, A. Blumstein, Ed., chapter 1, Plenum Press, New York, NY, USA, 1985.
- G. W. Gray and B. Jones, “The mesomorphic transition points of the p-n-alkoxybenzoic acids. a correction,” Journal of the Chemical Society, pp. 4179–4180, 1953.
- C. Weygand and R. Gabler, “The higher homologues of Azophenol, Azoxyphenol and Azomethylenephenol ether,” Zeitschrift für Physikalische Chemie, vol. 46, p. 270, 1940.
- R. S. Porter and J. F. Johnson, “Liquid crystals,” in Liquid Crystals and Ordered Fluids, G. H. Brown, G. J. Diene, and M. M. Labes, Eds., chapter 2, Plenum Press, New York, NY, USA, 1966.
- G. W. Gray and B. Jones, “Mesomorphism and chemical constitution. Part IV. The effect of substitution on the mesomorphism of the 6-n-alkoxy-2-naphthoic acids,” Journal of the Chemical Society, pp. 236–244, 1955.
- L. K. Knaak, H. M. Rosenberg, and M. P. Serve, “Estimation of Nematic-Isotropic Points of Nematic Liquid Crystals,” Molecular Crystals and Liquid Crystals Science and Technology, vol. 17, p. 171, 1972.
- G. W. Gray and B. Jones, “Mesomorphism and chemical constitution. part ii. the trans-p-n- alkoxycinnamic acids,” Journal of the Chemical Society, pp. 1467–1470, 1954.
- I. Heynderickx and D. Broer, “Thermo-Optical Properties of a Polymer Dispersed Liquid Crystalline Polymer,” Molecular Crystals and Liquid Crystals Science and Technology, vol. 263, pp. 415–427, 1995.
- D. Yang, J. Lin, T. Li, S. Lin, and X. Tian, “Effect of external electrical field on phase behavior and morphology development of polymer dispersed liquid crystal,” European Polymer Journal, vol. 40, p. 1823, 2004.
- G. M. Russell, B. J. A. Paterson, C. T. Imrie, and S. K. Heeks, “Thermal characterization of polymer-dispersed liquid crystals by differential scanning calorimetry,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 7, no. 11, pp. 2185–2189, 1995.
- H. M. Siddiqi, M. Dumon, and J. P. Pascault, “Polymer dispersed liquid crystals based on epoxy networks: transformations and phase separation phenomena during polycondensation,” Molecular Crystals and Liquid Crystals Science and Technology Section A, vol. 312, pp. 137–155, 1998.
- W. Ahn and K. Ha, “Temperature effects on lc droplets formation of pdlc films with thermoplastic matrix,” Korea Polymer Journal, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 130–135, 1999.
- K. Amundson, A. Van Blaaderen, and P. Wiltzius, “Morphology and electro-optic properties of polymer-dispersed liquid-crystal films,” Physical Review E, vol. 55, no. 2, pp. 1646–1654, 1997.
- S. A. Carter, J. D. LeGrange, W. White, J. Boo, and P. Wiltzius, “Dependence of the morphology of polymer dispersed liquid crystals on the uv polymerization process,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 81, no. 9, pp. 5992–5999, 1997.
- W.-K. Chin, L.-P. Hsin, H.-L. Lu, and M.-D. Shau, “Morphology of epoxy/acrylic polymer-dispersed liquid-crystal film in DICY thermal cure,” Journal of Polymer Science, Part B, vol. 38, no. 15, pp. 2033–2042, 2000.
- L. Lucchetti, L. Gobbi, and F. Simoni, “Analysis of the phase separation process in uv cured polymer dispersed liquid crystals for optical applications,” Molecular Crystals and Liquid Crystals Science and Technology, Section A, vol. 359, pp. 89–96, 2001.