- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Polymer Science
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 852063, 10 pages
Polysilsesquioxanes for Gate-Insulating Materials of Organic Thin-Film Transistors
1Electronic Material Research Division, Osaka Municipal Technical Research Institute, Osaka 536-8553, Japan
2JST Innovation Plaza Osaka, Osaka 594-1131, Japan
3Department of Physics and Electronics, Osaka Prefecture University, Osaka 599-8531, Japan
Received 11 August 2012; Accepted 11 September 2012
Academic Editor: Yoshiro Kaneko
Copyright © 2012 Kimihiro Matsukawa et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. Sirringhaus, P. J. Brown, R. H. Friend et al., “Two-dimensional charge transport in self-organized, high-mobility conjugated polymers,” Nature, vol. 401, no. 6754, pp. 685–688, 1999.
- A. Afzali, C. D. Dimitrakopoulos, and T. L. Breen, “High-performance, solution-processed organic thin film transistors from a novel pentacene precursor,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 124, no. 30, pp. 8812–8813, 2002.
- T. Kawase, H. Sirringhaus, R. H. Friend, and T. Shimoda, “Inkjet printed via-hole interconnections and resistors for all-polymer transistor circuits,” Advanced Materials, vol. 13, no. 21, pp. 1601–1605, 2001.
- H. Klauk, M. Halik, U. Zschieschang, G. Schmid, W. Radlik, and W. Weber, “High-mobility polymer gate dielectric pentacene thin film transistors,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 92, no. 9, p. 5259, 2002.
- J. A. Rogers, Z. Bao, A. Makhija, and P. Braun, “Printing process suitable for reel-to-reel production of high-performance organic transistors and circuits,” Advanced Materials, vol. 11, no. 9, pp. 741–745, 1999.
- C. D. Sheraw, D. J. Gundlach, and T. N. Jockson, “Spin-on polymer gate dielectric for high performance organic thin film transistors,” Materials Research Society Symposium Proceedings, vol. 558, article 403, 2000.
- T. B. Singh, F. Meghdadi, S. Günes et al., “High-performance ambipolar pentacene organic field-effect transistors on poly(vinyl alcohol) organic gate dielectric,” Advanced Materials, vol. 17, no. 19, pp. 2315–2320, 2005.
- D. Knipp, R. A. Street, A. Vokel, and J. Ho, “Pentacene thin film transistors on inorganic dielectrics: morphology, structural properties, and electronic transport,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 93, no. 1, article 347, 9 pages, 2003.
- J. Wang, X. Yan, Y. Xu, J. Zhang, and D. Yan, “Organic thin-film transistors having inorganic/organic double gate insulators,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 85, no. 22, article 5424, 3 pages, 2004.
- A. Facchetti, M. H. Yoon, and T. J. Marks, “Gate dielectrics for organic field-effect transistors: new opportunities for organic electronics,” Advanced Materials, vol. 17, no. 14, pp. 1705–1725, 2005.
- Z. Bao, V. Kuck, J. A. Rogers, and M. A. Paczkowski, “Silsesquioxane resins as high-performance solution processible dielectric materials for organic transistor applications,” Advanced Functional Materials, vol. 12, no. 8, pp. 526–531, 2002.
- P. Liu, Y. Wu, Y. Li, B. S. Ong, and S. Zhu, “Enabling gate dielectric design for all solution-processed, high-performance, flexible organic thin-film transistors,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 128, no. 14, pp. 4554–4555, 2006.
- Y. Wu, P. Lin, and B. S. Ong, “Organic thin-film transistors with poly(methyl silsesquioxane) modified dielectric interfaces,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 89, no. 1, Article ID 013505, 2006.
- S. Jeong, D. Kim, S. Lee, B. K. Park, and J. Moon, Applied PhysicsLetters, vol. 89, Article ID 092101, 2006.
- S. Jeong, D. Kim, S. Lee, B. K. Park, and J. Moon, “Influence of silanol groups on the electrical performance of organic thin-film transistors utilizing organosiloxane-based organic-inorganic hybrid dielectrics,” Nanotechnology, vol. 18, no. 2, Article ID 025204, 2007.
- K. Tomatsu, T. Hamada, T. Nagase et al., “Fabrication and characterization of poly(3-hexylthiophene)-based field-effect transistors with silsesquioxane gate insulators,” Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 47, no. 4, pp. 3196–3199, 2008.
- T. Nagase, T. Hamada, K. Tomatsu et al., “Low-temperature processable organic-inorganic hybrid gate dielectrics for solution-based organic field-effect transistors,” Advanced Materials, vol. 22, no. 42, pp. 4706–4710, 2010.
- S. Y. Yang, S. H. Kim, K. Shin, H. Jeon, and C. E. Park, “Low-voltage pentacene field-effect transistors with ultrathin polymer gate dielectrics,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 88, no. 17, Article ID 173507, 3 pages, 2006.
- S. Uemura, “Low-frequency dielectric behavior of poly(vinylidene fluoride),” Journal of Polymer Science, vol. 12, no. 6, pp. 1177–1188, 1974.
- J. Veres, S. Ogier, G. Lloyd, and D. de Leeuw, “Gate insulators in organic field-effect transistors,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 16, no. 23, pp. 4543–4555, 2004.
- A. Salleo, M. L. Chabinyc, M. S. Yang, and R. A. Street, “Polymer thin-film transistors with chemically modified dielectric interfaces,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 81, no. 23, pp. 4383–4385, 2002.
- K. P. Pernstich, S. Haas, D. Oberhoff et al., “Threshold voltage shift in organic field effect transistors by dipole monolayers on the gate insulator,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 96, no. 11, pp. 6431–6438, 2004.
- S. Yamazaki, T. Hamada, K. Tomatsu et al., “Electrical characteristics of polymer field-effect transistors with poly(methylsilsesquioxane) gate dielectrics on plastic substrates,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 517, no. 4, pp. 1343–1345, 2008.
- T. Hamada, S. Yamazaki, T. Nagase et al., “Chemical design of polysilsesquioxane as a gate insulator for organic thin-film transistors,” in Proceedings of the 15th International Display Workshops (IDW '08), pp. 1665–1668, December 2008.
- T. Hamada, T. Nagase, T. Kobayashi, K. Matsukawa, and H. Naito, “Effective control of surface property on poly(silsesquioxane) films by chemical modification,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 517, no. 4, pp. 1335–1339, 2008.
- M. Watanabe, K. Muro, T. Hamada et al., “Surface modification of organic-inorganic hybrid insulator for printable organic field-effect transistors,” Chemistry Letters, vol. 38, no. 1, pp. 34–35, 2009.
- T. Hamada, T. Nagase, M. Watanabe, S. Watase, H. Naito, and K. Matsukawa, “Preparation and dielectric property of photo-curable polysilsesquioxane hybrids,” Journal of Photopolymer Science and Technology, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 319–320, 2008.