- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Polymer Science
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 967276, 8 pages
Properties of Natural Rubber-Based Composites Containing Fullerene
1Department of Physics, Faculty of Science, King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah 21589, Saudi Arabia
2Department of Physics, Faculty of Science, University of Tabuk, Tabuk 71491, Saudi Arabia
3Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Science, University of Tabuk, Tabuk 71491, Saudi Arabia
4Department of Polymer Engineering, University of Chemical Technology and Metallurgy, 8 Kl. Ohridski Boule vard., 1756 Sofia, Bulgaria
5Department of Physics, Faculty of Science, Suez Canal University, Ismailia 41522, Egypt
Received 9 March 2012; Revised 3 June 2012; Accepted 17 October 2012
Academic Editor: Qinmin Pan
Copyright © 2012 Omar A. Al-Hartomy et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. Murayama, S. Tomonoh, J. M. Alford, and M. E. Karpuk, “Fullerene production in tons and more: from science to industry,” Fullerenes Nanotubes and Carbon Nanostructures, vol. 12, no. 1-2, pp. 1–9, 2004.
- H. W. Kroto, J. R. Heath, S. C. O'Brien, R. F. Curl, and R. E. Smalley, “C60: buckminsterfullerene,” Nature, vol. 318, no. 6042, pp. 162–163, 1985.
- S. Thomas and R. Stephen, Rubber Nanocomposites Preparation, Properties and Applications, Wiley, Singapore, 2010.
- P. R. Birkett, P. B. Hitchcock, H. W. Kroto, R. Taylor, and D. R. M. Walton, “Preparation and characterization of C60Br6 and C60Br8,” Nature, vol. 357, no. 6378, pp. 479–481, 1992.
- B. C. Yadav and R. Kumar, “Structure, properties and applications of fullerene,” International Journal of Nanotechnology and Applications, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 15–24, 2008.
- L. Chow, “CVD method of producing and doping fullerenes,” US Pat, 5 510 098, 1996.
- B. Jurkowska, B. Jurkowski, P. Kamrowski et al., “Properties of fullerene-containing natural rubber,” Journal of Applied Polymer Science, vol. 100, no. 1, pp. 390–398, 2006.
- L. Zhao, P. Song, Z. Cao, Z. Fang, and Z. Guo, “Thermal stability and rheological behaviors of high-density polyethylene/fullerene nanocomposites,” Journal of Nanomaterials, vol. 2012, Article ID 340962, 6 pages, 2012.
- E. V. Chubarova and E. Y. Melenevskaya, “Chain degradation during dissolution of polymer-fullerene nanocomposites as a result of interaction of entangled polymer matrix with the filler,” Journal of Macromolecular Science B, vol. 49, no. 1, pp. 174–206, 2010.
- E. Badamshina and M. Gafurova, “Polymeric nanocomposites containing non-covalently bonded fullerene C60: properties and applications,” Journal of Materials Chemistry, vol. 22, pp. 9427–9438, 2012.
- M. Putman, “Review of dispersion methods and the relationships of dispersion to physical properties,” Tire Technology International, Annual Review, pp. 52–54, 2008.
- A. R. Payne, “Effect of dispersion on the properties of filler-loaded rubbers,” Journal of Applied Polymer Science, vol. 9, no. 6, pp. 2273–2284, 1965.
- J. S. Dick, Rubber Technology—Compounding and Testing for Performance, Carl Hanser, Munich, Germany, 2001.
- J. E. Mark, B. Erman, and F. E. Eirich, The Science and Technology of Rubber, Elsevier, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 3rd edition, 2005.
- G. Scott, Atmospheric Oxidation and Antioxidants, Elsevier, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 1975.
- P. Elmer, Introduction to DMTA (A Beginner’s Guide).
- J. B. Donnet, “Nano and microcomposites of polymers elastomers and their reinforcement,” Composites Science and Technology, vol. 63, no. 8, pp. 1085–1088, 2003.
- H. Baurier, “Dynamic mechanical analysis to improve tire performance,” Tire Technology International, Annual Review, pp. 116–119, 2008.
- J. Neubauer, “Improving key tire performance,” Tire Technology International, Annual Review, pp. 10–12, 2009.