- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Rheumatology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 609795, 9 pages
Immunohistochemical Characteristics of IgG4-Related Tubulointerstitial Nephritis: Detailed Analysis of 20 Japanese Cases
1Division of Rheumatology, Department of Internal Medicine, Kanazawa University Hospital, Kanazawa, Ishikawa 920-8641, Japan
2Yamaguchi's Pathology Laboratory, Matsudo, Chiba 270-2231, Japan
3Division of Clinical Nephrology and Rheumatology, Niigata University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Niigata 951-8510, Japan
4Division of Nephrology and Rheumatology, Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Fukuoka University, Fukuoka 814-0180, Japan
5Division of Nephrology and Kidney Center, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, Kobe 650-0017, Japan
6Department of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, Fukuoka University, Fukuoka 814-0180, Japan
7Tokyo Kidney Research Institute, Tokyo 113-0023, Japan
8First Department of Internal Medicine, Sapporo Medical University School of Medicine, Sapporo 060-8543, Japan
9Department of Hematology and Immunology, Kanazawa Medical University, Kanazawa 920-0293, Ishikawa, Japan
10Department of Internal Medicine, Nagaoka Red Cross Hospital, Nagaoka 940-2085, Japan
Received 30 November 2011; Accepted 11 June 2012
Academic Editor: Vikram Deshpande
Copyright © 2012 Mitsuhiro Kawano et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- T. Saeki, S. Nishi, N. Imai et al., “Clinicopathological characteristics of patients with IgG4-related tubulointerstitial nephritis,” Kidney International, vol. 78, no. 10, pp. 1016–1023, 2010.
- Y. Raissian, S. H. Nasr, C. P. Larsen et al., “Diagnosis of IgG4-related tubulointerstitial nephritis,” Journal of the American Society of Nephrology, vol. 22, no. 7, pp. 1343–1352, 2011.
- Y. Yamaguchi, Y. Kanetsuna, K. Honda, N. Yamanaka, M. Kawano, and M. Nagata, “Characteristic tubulointerstitial nephritis in IgG4-related disease,” Human Pathology, vol. 43, no. 4, pp. 536–549, 2012.
- Y. Saida, N. Homma, H. Hama et al., “A case of IgG4-related tubulointerstitial nephritis showing the progression of renal dysfunction after a cure for autoimmune pancreatitis,” Japanese Journal of Nephrology, vol. 52, no. 1, pp. 73–79, 2010.
- Y. Zen and Y. Nakanuma, “IgG4-related disease: a cross-sectional study of 114 cases,” American Journal of Surgical Pathology, vol. 34, no. 12, pp. 1812–1819, 2010.
- K. M. Lindstrom, J. B. Cousar, and M. B. S. Lopes, “IgG4-related meningeal disease: clinico-pathological features and proposal for diagnostic criteria,” Acta Neuropathologica, vol. 120, no. 6, pp. 765–776, 2010.
- W. Cheuk, H. K. L. Yuen, and J. K. C. Chan, “Chronic sclerosing dacryoadenitis: part of the spectrum of IgG4-related sclerosing disease?” American Journal of Surgical Pathology, vol. 31, no. 4, pp. 643–645, 2007.
- S. T. Chari, T. C. Smyrk, M. J. Levy et al., “Diagnosis of autoimmune pancreatitis: the mayo clinic experience,” Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology, vol. 4, no. 8, pp. 1010–1016, 2006.
- Y. Zen, M. Onodera, D. Inoue et al., “Retroperitoneal fibrosis: a clinicopathologic study with respect to immunoglobulin G4,” American Journal of Surgical Pathology, vol. 33, no. 12, pp. 1833–1839, 2009.
- Y. Uchiyama-Tanaka, Y. Mori, T. Kimura et al., “Acute tubulointerstitial nephritis associated with autoimmune-related pancreatitis,” American Journal of Kidney Diseases, vol. 43, no. 3, pp. e18–e25, 2004.
- S. I. Takeda, J. Haratake, T. Kasai, C. Takaeda, and E. Takazakura, “IgG4-associated idiopathic tubulointerstitial nephritis complicating autoimmune pancreatitis,” Nephrology Dialysis Transplantation, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 474–476, 2004.
- S. J. W. Watson, D. A. S. Jenkins, and C. O. S. Bellamy, “Nephropathy in IgG4-related systemic disease,” American Journal of Surgical Pathology, vol. 30, no. 11, pp. 1472–1477, 2006.
- L. Rudmik, K. Trpkov, C. Nash et al., “Autoimmune pancreatitis associated with renal lesions mimicking metastatic tumours,” Canadian Medical Association Journal, vol. 175, no. 4, pp. 367–369, 2006.
- H. Nakamura, H. Wada, T. Origuchi et al., “A case of IgG4-related autoimmune disease with multiple organ involvement,” Scandinavian Journal of Rheumatology, vol. 35, no. 1, pp. 69–71, 2006.
- V. Deshpande, S. Chicano, D. Finkelberg et al., “Autoimmune pancreatitis: a systemic immune complex mediated disease,” American Journal of Surgical Pathology, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 1537–1545, 2006.
- K. Shimoyama, N. Ogawa, T. Sawaki et al., “A case of Mikulicz's disease complicated with interstitial nephritis successfully treated by high-dose corticosteroid,” Modern Rheumatology, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 176–182, 2006.
- M. Murashima, J. Tomaszewski, and J. D. Glickman, “Chronic tubulointerstitial nephritis presenting as multiple renal nodules and pancreatic insufficiency,” American Journal of Kidney Diseases, vol. 49, no. 1, pp. e7–e10, 2007.
- L. D. Cornell, S. L. Chicano, V. Deshpande et al., “Pseudotumors due to IgG4 immune-complex tubulointerstitial nephritis associated with autoimmune pancreatocentric disease,” American Journal of Surgical Pathology, vol. 31, no. 10, pp. 1586–1597, 2007.
- K. Yoneda, K. Murata, K. Katayama et al., “Tubulointerstitial nephritis associated with IgG4-related autoimmune disease,” American Journal of Kidney Diseases, vol. 50, no. 3, pp. 455–462, 2007.
- K. Katano, Y. Hayatsu, T. Matsuda et al., “Endocapillary proliferative glomerulonephritis with crescent formation and concurrent tubulo-interstitial nephritis complicating retroperitoneal fibrosis with a high serum level of IgG4,” Clinical Nephrology, vol. 68, no. 5, pp. 308–314, 2007.
- N. Mise, Y. Tomizawa, A. Fujii, Y. Yamaguchi, and T. Sugimoto, “A case of tubulointerstitial nephritis in IgG4-related systemic disease with markedly enlarged kidneys,” NDT Plus, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 233–235, 2009.
- A. Aoki, K. Sato, M. Itabashi et al., “A case of Mikulicz's disease complicated with severe interstitial nephritis associated with IgG4,” Clinical and Experimental Nephrology, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 367–372, 2009.
- J. Morimoto, Y. Hasegawa, H. Fukushima et al., “Membranoproliferative glomerulonephritis-like glomerular disease and concurrent tubulointerstitial nephritis complicating IgG4-related autoimmune pancreatitis,” Internal Medicine, vol. 48, no. 3, pp. 157–162, 2009.
- I. Naitoh, T. Nakazawa, H. Ohara et al., “Autoimmune pancreatitis associated with various extrapancreatic lesions during a long-term clinical course successfully treated with azathioprine and corticosteroid maintenance therapy,” Internal Medicine, vol. 48, no. 23, pp. 2003–2007, 2009.
- Y. Tsubata, F. Akiyama, T. Oya et al., “IgG4-related chronic tubulointerstitial nephritis without autoimmune pancreatitis and the time course of renal function,” Internal Medicine, vol. 49, no. 15, pp. 1593–1598, 2010.
- F. Kim, K. Yamada, D. Inoue et al., “IgG4-related tubulointerstitial nephritis and hepatic inflammatory pseudotumor without hypocomplementemia,” Internal Medicine, vol. 50, no. 11, pp. 1239–1244, 2011.
- M. Kawano, T. Saeki, H. Nakashima et al., “Proposal for diagnostic criteria for IgG4-related kidney disease,” Clinical and Experimental Nephrology, vol. 15, no. 5, pp. 615–626, 2011.
- R. Tamai, Y. Hasegawa, S. Hisano, et al., “A case of IgG4-related tubulointerstitial nephritis concurrent with Henoch-Schonlein purpura nephritis,” Allergy, Asthma and Clinical Immunology, vol. 7, article 5, 2011.
- K. Ito, K. Yamada, I. Mizushima, et al., “Henoch-Schönlein purpura nephritis in a patient with IgG4-related disease: a possible association,” Clinical Nephrology. In press.
- T. Saeki, N. Imai, T. Ito, H. Yamazaki, and S. Nishi, “Membranous nephropathy associated with IgG4-related systemic disease and without autoimmune pancreatitis,” Clinical Nephrology, vol. 71, no. 2, pp. 173–178, 2009.
- M. Yamamoto, H. Takahashi, C. Suzuki et al., “Analysis of serum IgG subclasses in churg-strauss syndrome—the meaning of elevated serum levels of IgG4,” Internal Medicine, vol. 49, no. 14, pp. 1365–1370, 2010.
- D. C. Houghton and M. L. Troxell, “An abundance of IgG4+ plasma cells is not specific for IgG4-related tubulointerstitial nephritis,” Modern Pathology, vol. 24, no. 11, pp. 1480–1487, 2011.
- F. C. Fervenza, G. Downer, L. H. Beck Jr., and S. Sethi, “IgG4-related tubulointerstitial nephritis with membranous nephropathy,” American Journal of Kidney Diseases, vol. 58, no. 2, pp. 320–324, 2011.
- P. Cravedi, M. Abbate, E. Gagliardini et al., “Membranous nephropathy associated with IgG4-related disease,” American Journal of Kidney Diseases, vol. 58, no. 2, pp. 272–275, 2011.
- A. Palmisano, D. Corradi, M. L. Carnevali et al., “Chronic periaortitis associated with membranous nephropathy: clues to common pathogenetic mechanisms,” Clinical Nephrology, vol. 74, no. 6, pp. 485–490, 2010.