- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Reconfigurable Computing
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 352428, 11 pages
Design of a Reconfigurable Pulsed Quad-Cell for Cellular-Automata-Based Conformal Computing
1Electrical and Computer Engineering Department, North Dakota State University, Fargo, ND 58102, USA
2Center for Nanoscale Science and Engineering, North Dakota State University, Fargo, ND 58102, USA
Received 22 November 2009; Revised 1 April 2010; Accepted 28 June 2010
Academic Editor: Paul Chow
Copyright © 2010 Mariam Hoseini et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Lyke, G. Donohoe, and S. Karna, “Reconfigurable cellular array architectures for molecular electronics,” Tech. Rep. AFRL-VS-TR-2001-1039, Air Force Research Laboratory, 2001.
- S. Das, G. Rose, M. Ziegler, C. Picconatto, and J. Ellenbogen, “Architectures and simulations for nanoprocessor systems integrated on the molecular scale,” in Introducing Molecular Electronics, pp. 479–512, Springer, Berlin, 2005.
- L. M. Adleman, “Molecular computation of solutions to combinatorial problems,” Science, vol. 266, no. 5187, pp. 1021–1024, 1994.
- M. Sipper, “Emergence of cellular computing,” Computer, vol. 32, no. 7, pp. 18–26, 1999.
- P.-A. Mudry, F. Vannel, G. Tempesti, and D. Mange, “CONFETTI: a reconfigurable hardware platform for prototyping cellular architectures,” in Proceedings of the 21st International Parallel and Distributed Processing Symposium (IPDPS '07), pp. 1–8, Long Beach, Calif, USA, March 2007.
- H. Abelson, D. Allen, and D. Allen, “Amorphous computing,” Communications of the ACM, vol. 43, no. 5, pp. 74–82, 2000.
- H. Abelson, J. Beal, and G. Sussman, “Amorphous computing,” Tech. Rep. MIT-CSAIL-TR-2007-030, Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory, MIT, Cambridge, Mass, USA, June, 2007.
- M. J. Pavicic, “Wallpaper computers: thin, flexible, extensible and R2R ready,” in Proceedings of the Flexible Electronics and Displays Conference, pp. 2–5, Phoenix, Ariz, USA, February 2009.
- N. Margolus, “CAM-8: a computer architecture based on cellular automata,” in Pattern Formation and Lattice Gas Automata, pp. 167–187, American Mathematical Society, 1996.
- T. Toffoli, “A pedestrian's introduction to spacetime crystallography,” IBM Journal of Research and Development, vol. 48, no. 1, pp. 13–29, 2004.
- N. J. Macias and P. M. Athanas, “Application of self-configurability for autonomous, highly-localized self-regulation,” in Proceedings of the 2nd NASA/ESA Conference on Adaptive Hardware and Systems (AHS '07), pp. 397–404, Edinburgh, Scotland, July 2007.
- F. Gruau, Y. Lhuillier, P. Reitz, and O. Temam, “BLOB computing,” in Proceedings of the Computing Frontiers Conference (CF '04), pp. 125–139, Ischia, Italy, April 2004.
- L. Chua and T. Roska, Cellular Neural Networks and Visual Computing: Foundations and Applications, Cambridge University Press, New York, NY, USA, 2002.
- M. Hoseini, C. You, and M. J. Pavicic, “A cellular automata ASIC for conformal computing,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Engineering of Reconfigurable Systems and Algorithms (ERSA '08), pp. 305–306, Las Vegas, Nev, USA, July 2008.
- S. Wolfram, A New Kind of Science, Wolfram Media, Pasadena, Calif, USA, 2002.
- P. Sarkar, “A brief history of cellular automata,” ACM Computing Surveys, vol. 32, no. 1, pp. 80–107, 2000.
- N. Ganguly, B. Sikdar, A. Deutech, G. Canright, and P. Chaudhuri, “A Survey on Cellular Automata,” February 2006, http://www.cs.unibo.it/bison/publications.
- S. Adachi, F. Peper, and J. Lee, “Computation by asynchronously updating cellular automata,” Journal of Statistical Physics, vol. 114, no. 1-2, pp. 261–289, 2004.
- F. Peper, J. Lee, S. Adachi, and S. Mashiko, “Laying out circuits on asynchronous cellular arrays: a step towards feasible nanocomputers?” Nanotechnology, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 469–485, 2003.
- R. Minnick, “A survey of microcellular tresearch,” Journal of the ACM, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 203–241, 1967.
- I. E. Sutherland, “Micropipelines,” Communications of the ACM, vol. 32, no. 6, pp. 720–738, 1989.
- C. Wong, A. Martin, and P. Thomas, “An architecture for asynchronous FPGAs,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Field-Programmable Technology, pp. 170–177, December 2003.
- J. Teifel and R. Manohar, “An asynchronous dataflow FPGA architecture,” IEEE Transactions on Computers, vol. 53, no. 11, pp. 1376–1392, 2004.
- A. Mahram, M. Najibi, and H. Pedram, “An asynchronous fpga logic cell implementation,” in Proceedings of the 17th ACM Great Lakes Symposium on VLSI, pp. 176–179, Stresa-Lago Maggiore, Italy, March 2007.
- J. Teifel and R. Manohar, “Highly pipelined asynchronous FPGAs,” in Proceedings of the ACM/SIGDA 12th International Symposium on Field-Programmable Gate Arrays, pp. 133–142, Monterey, Calif, USA, February 2004.