- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Rotating Machinery
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 123093, 9 pages
Numerical Research on Effects of Splitter Blades to the Influence of Pump as Turbine
1Research Center of Fluid Machinery Engineering and Technology, Jiangsu University, Zhenjiang, Jiangsu 212013, China
2Zhejiang Jiali Technology Co., Ltd, Hangzhou, Zhejiang 311241, China
Received 27 September 2011; Accepted 3 December 2011
Academic Editor: Luis Gato
Copyright © 2012 Yang Sun-Sheng et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. M. Chapallaz, P. Eichenberger, and G. Fischer, Manual on Pumps Used as Turbines, Vieweg, Braunschweig, Germany, 1992.
- M. Amelio and S. Barbarelli, “A one-dimensional numerical model for calculating the efficiency of pumps as turbines for implementation in micro-hydro power plants,” in Proceedings of the 7th Biennial ASME conference Engineering systems Design and Analysis (ESDA '04), pp. 65–72, Manchester, UK, July 2004.
- P. Singh and F. Nestmann, “An optimization routine on a prediction and selection model for the turbine operation of centrifugal pumps,” Experimental Thermal and Fluid Science, vol. 34, no. 2, pp. 152–164, 2010.
- S. Derakhshan and A. Nourbakhsh, “Experimental study of characteristic curves of centrifugal pumps working as turbines in different specific speeds,” Experimental Thermal and Fluid Science, vol. 32, no. 3, pp. 800–807, 2008.
- S. Derakhshan, B. Mohammadi, and A. Nourbakhsh, “Efficiency improvement of centrifugal reverse pumps,” Journal of Fluids Engineering, Transactions of the ASME, vol. 131, no. 2, Article ID 021103, 9 pages, 2009.
- S. Derakhshan, B. Mohammadi, and A. Nourbakhsh, “The comparison of incomplete sensitivities and Genetic algorithms applications in 3D radial turbomachinery blade optimization,” Computers and Fluids, vol. 39, no. 10, pp. 2022–2029, 2010.
- P. Singh, Optimization of internal hydraulics and of system design for pumps as turbines with field implementation and evaluation, Ph.D. Thesis, Karlsruhe University, 2005.
- P. Singh and F. Nestmann, “Internal hydraulic analysis of impeller rounding in centrifugal pumps as turbines,” Experimental Thermal and Fluid Science, vol. 35, no. 1, pp. 121–134, 2011.
- M. Harano, K. Tani, and S. Nomoto, “Practical application of high-performance francis-turbine runner fitted with splitter blades at ontake and shinkurobegawa no. 3 power stations of the Kansai electric power CO., Inc,” Hitachi Review, vol. 55, no. 3, pp. 109–113, 2006.
- G. Mustafa, P. Yasar, and S. Yakup, “Energy saving in a deep well pump with splitter blade,” Energy Conversion and Management, vol. 47, no. 5, pp. 638–651, 2006.
- J. P. Solano, V. Pinilla, G. Paniagua, S. Lavagnoli, and T. Yasa, “Aero-thermal investigation of a multi-splitter axial turbine,” International Journal of Heat and Fluid Flow, vol. 32, no. 5, pp. 1036–1046, 2011.
- R. Barrio, J. Parrondo, and E. Blanco, “Numerical analysis of the unsteady flow in the near-tongue region in a volute-type centrifugal pump for different operating points,” Computers and Fluids, vol. 39, no. 5, pp. 859–870, 2010.
- K. A. Kaupert and T. Staubli, “The unsteady pressure field in a high specific speed centrifugal pump impeller—part I: influence of the volute,” Journal of Fluids Engineering, Transactions of the ASME, vol. 121, no. 3, pp. 621–626, 1999.
- R. Spence and T. Purdom, “Numerical prediction of transient loadings on multistage pump impellers,” in Advances of CFD in Fluid Machinery Design, IMechE, London, UK, 2003.
- L. K. Stanmore, “Field problems relating to high-energy centrifugal pumps operating at part-load,” in IMechE Conference C343/88 Pumps in Part Load, 1988.
- H. Keck and M. Sick, “Thirty years of numerical flow simulation in hydraulic turbomachines,” Acta Mechanica, vol. 201, no. 1–4, pp. 211–229, 2008.
- S. Yang and F. Kong, “Numerical simulation and comparison of pump and pump as turbine,” in ASME, Fluids Engineering Summer Meeting, pp. 1–10, Montreal, Canada, 2010.
- S. Carlos, M. Jesus, and M. Katia, “Numerical modelling and flow analysis of a centrifugal pump running as a turbine: unsteady flow structures and its effects on the global performance,” International Journal for Numerical Methods in Fluids, vol. 65, no. 5, pp. 542–562, 2011.
- Help Navigator, ANSYS CFX, Release 12.0 CFX-Solver modeling Guide.
- S. Derakhshan and A. Nourbakhsh, “Theoretical, numerical and experimental investigation of centrifugal pumps in reverse operation,” Experimental Thermal and Fluid Science, vol. 32, no. 8, pp. 1620–1627, 2008.