- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Rotating Machinery
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 213907, 11 pages
Analysis of Cavitation Instabilities in a Four-Blade Inducer
Arts et Metiers ParisTech/LML Laboratory, 8 boulevard Louis XIV, 59046 Lille Cedex, France
Received 26 December 2011; Accepted 18 April 2012
Academic Editor: Meinhard Taher Schobeiri
Copyright © 2012 O. Coutier-Delgosha et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- K. Kamijo, T. Shimura, and M. Watanabe, “An experimental investigation of cavitating inducer Instability,” ASME Paper 77-WA/FW-14, 1977.
- B. Goirand, A. Mertz, F. Joussellin, and C. Rebattet, “Experimental investigation of radial loads induced by partial cavitation with liquid hydrogen inducer,” in Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Cavitation (ImechE '92), vol. C453/056, pp. 263–269, Cambridge, UK, 1992.
- J. de Bernardi, F. Rossellini, and A. Von Kaenel, “Experimental analysis of instabilities related to cavitation in turbopump inducer,” in Proceedings of the 1st International Symposium on Pump Noise and Vibrations, pp. 91–99, Paris, France, 1993.
- R. A. Furness and S. P. Hutton, “Experimental and theoretical studies of two-dimensional fixed-type cavities,” vol. 97, pp. 515–522, 1975.
- Q. Le, J. P. Franc, and J. M. Michel, “Partial cavities: global behavior and mean pressure distribution,” ASME Transactions Journal of Fluids Engineering, vol. 115, no. 2, pp. 243–248, 1993.
- J. B. Leroux, O. Coutier-Delgosha, and J. A. Astolfi, “A joint experimental and numerical study of mechanisms associated to instability of partial cavitation on two-dimensional hydrofoil,” Physics of Fluids, vol. 17, no. 5, article 052101, pp. 1–20, 2005.
- O. Coutier-Delgosha, B. Stutz, A. Vabre, and S. Legoupil, “Analysis of cavitating flow structure by experimental and numerical investigations,” Journal of Fluid Mechanics, vol. 578, pp. 171–222, 2007.
- Y. Tsujimoto, “Cavitation instabilities in inducers,” Tech. Rep. AVT-143 RTO AVT/VKI Lecture Series, von Karman Institute, Rhode-Saint-Genèse, Belgium, 2006.
- F. Joussellin, J. De Bernardi, B. Goirand, and Y. Delannoy, “Analyse par films ultrarapides de poches de cavitation sur l'Inducteur de la Turbopompe à Hydrogène d'un Moteur Fusée,” in 5ème colloque de visualisation et de traitement d'images en Mécanique des Fluides, Poitiers, France, 1992.
- A. Fujii, S. Azuma, Y. Yoshida, Y. Tsujimoto, H. Horiguchi, and S. Watanabe, “Higher order rotating cavitation in an inducer,” International Journal of Rotating Machinery, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 241–251, 2004.
- O. Coutier-Delgosha, Y. Courtot, F. Joussellin, and J. L. Reboud, “Numerical simulation of the unsteady cavitation behavior of an inducer blade cascade,” AIAA Journal, vol. 42, no. 3, pp. 560–569, 2004.
- Y. Yoshida, Y. Sasao, K. Okita, S. Hasegawa, M. Shimagaki, and T. Ikohagi, “Influence of thermodynamic effect on synchronous rotating cavitation,” ASME Transactions Journal of Fluids Engineering, vol. 129, no. 7, pp. 871–876, 2007.
- F. Bakir, S. Kouidri, R. Noguera, and R. Rey, “Experimental analysis of an axial inducer influence of the shape of the blade leading edge on the performances in cavitating regime,” ASME Transactions Journal of Fluids Engineering, vol. 125, no. 2, pp. 293–301, 2003.
- Y. Yoshida, Y. Tsujimoto, D. Kataoka, H. Horiguchi, and F. Wahl, “Effects of alternate leading edge cutback on unsteady cavitation in 4-bladed inducers,” ASME Transactions Journal of Fluids Engineering, vol. 123, no. 4, pp. 762–770, 2001.
- Y. D. Choi, J. Kurokawa, and H. Imamura, “Suppression of cavitation in inducers by J-Grooves,” ASME Transactions Journal of Fluids Engineering, vol. 129, no. 1, pp. 15–22, 2007.
- H. Horiguchi, T. Takashina, and Y. Tsujimoto, “Theoretical analysis of cavitation in inducers with unequally spaced blades,” JSME International Journal, Series B, vol. 49, no. 2, pp. 473–481, 2006.
- O. Coutier-Delgosha, G. Caignaert, G. Bois, and J. B. Leroux, “Influence of the blade number on inducer cavitating behavior,” Journal of Fluids Engineering. In press.
- C. E. Brennen, “Pump vibration, concepts,” in Hydrodynamics of Pumps, chapter 8, NREC and Oxford University Press, 1994.