- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Rotating Machinery
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 246031, 15 pages
Computational Fluid Dynamic Analysis of a Vibrating Turbine Blade
1School of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering, The University of New South Wales, Kensington, Sydney, NSW 2052, Australia
2Department of Mechanical Engineering, Curtin University, Bentley, Perth, WA 6102, Australia
3Mechanical Engineering Department, Prince Mohammad Bin Fahd University (PMU), AlKhobar 31952, Saudi Arabia
4Australian Nuclear Science Technology Organisation (ANSTO), Locked Bag 2001, Kirrawee DC, NSW 2233, Australia
Received 29 June 2012; Revised 14 September 2012; Accepted 20 September 2012
Academic Editor: Zhaoye Qin
Copyright © 2012 Osama N. Alshroof et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. L. Forbes, Non-contact gas turbine blade vibration monitoring using internal pressure and casing response measurements [Ph.D. dissertation], The University of New South Wales, 2010.
- G. L. Forbes and R. B. Randall, “Non-contact gas turbine blade vibration measurement from casing pressure and vibration signals,” in IFToMM-Rotordynamics, Seoul, Korea, 2010.
- A. K. Slone, K. Pericleous, C. Bailey, and M. Cross, “Dynamic fluid-structure interaction using finite volume unstructured mesh procedures,” Computers and Structures, vol. 80, no. 5-6, pp. 371–390, 2002.
- G. Morgenthal, “Fluid-structure interaction in bluff-body aerodynamics and long-span bridge design: phenomena and methods,” Tech. Rep. CUED/D-Struct/TR.187, Cambridge University, 2000.
- M. Heil, A. L. Hazel, and J. Boyle, “Solvers for large-displacement fluid-structure interaction problems: segregated versus monolithic approaches,” Computational Mechanics, vol. 43, no. 1, pp. 91–101, 2008.
- P. Le Tallec and J. Mouro, “Fluid structure interaction with large structural displacements,” Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, vol. 190, no. 24-25, pp. 3039–3067, 2001.
- H. Schumucker, F. Flemming, and S. Coulson, “Two-way coupled fluid structure interaction simulation of a propeller turbine,” in Proceedings of the 25th IAHR Symposium on Hydraulic Machinery and Systems, IOP Publishing, 2010.
- T. Biesinger, C. Cornelius, and C. Rube, “Unsteady CFD methods in a commercial solver for turbomachinery applications,” in ASME Conference Proceedings, vol. 7, pp. 2441–2452, 2010.
- G. L. Forbes, O. N. Alshroof, and R. B. Randall, “Gas Turbine blade vibration and casing wall pressure interaction,” in Proceedings of the Australasian Congress on Applied Mechanics (ACAM '10), Perth, Australia, 2010.
- O. N. Alshroof, G. L. Forbes, and R. B. Randall, “Relationship between the pressure at the casing wall and at the blade tip for a vibrating turbine blade,” in Proceedings of the 17th Australasian Fluid Mechanics Conference, Auckland, New Zealand, 2010.
- D. L. Bell and L. He, “Three-dimensional unsteady flow for an oscillating turbine blade and the influence of tip leakage,” Journal of Turbomachinery, vol. 122, no. 1, pp. 93–101, 2000.
- K. C. Hall and K. Ekici, “Computational methods for non-linear unsteady aerodynamics in turbomachinery,” in Proceedings of the 7th IFToMM-Conference on Rotor Dynamics, Vienna, Austria, 2006.
- ANSYS, I., ANSYS CFX-Solver Modeling Guide Version 12.1, 2009.
- S. S. Rao, Mechanical Vibrations, Pearson Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River, NJ, USA, 4th edition, 2004.
- ANSYS, I., Ansys 11, Structural Guide p. Section 4.3.4.