- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Rotating Machinery
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 476908, 7 pages
The Circulation Distribution on the Lifting Line for a Given Extracted Power
1Research Unit of Mechanics and Energetic (URME), National Engineering School of Tunis, 1002 Tunis, Tunisia
2Laboratory of Applied Physics (LPA), Faculty of Sciences of Sfax, 3038 Sfax, Tunisia
3Department of Physics, Faculty of Sciences, University of Buea, Buea, Cameroon
Received 28 April 2011; Revised 1 August 2011; Accepted 19 October 2011
Academic Editor: Paolo Pennacchi
Copyright © 2012 Ali Helali et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Helge Aaggard and R. A. Flemming, “A near wake model for trailing vorticity compared with the blade element momentum theory,” Wind Energy, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 325–341, 2004.
- J. G. Schepers, et al., “Verification of European wind turbine design codes,” VEWTDC; Final Report. ECN-C-OI-055, 2002.
- D. Simms, S. Schreck, M. Hand, and L. J. Fingersh, “NREL Unsteady Aerodynarnics Experiment in the NASA-Ames wind tunnel: a comparison of predictions to measurements,” Report NREl/TP-500-29494, 2001.
- H. A. Madsen, “A CFD analysis of the actuator disc flow compared with momentum theory results,” in Proceedings of the 10th Symposium on Aerodynamics of Wind Turbines, pp. 109–124, IEA Joint Action, Edinburgh, Germany, 1996.
- H. Snel, “Survey of induction dynarnics modelling within BEM-like codes,” AlAA Paper 2001-0027, 2001.
- V. L. Okulov and J. N. Soørensen, “Maximum efficiency of wind turbine rotors using Joukowsky and Betz approaches,” Journal of Fluid Mechanics, vol. 649, pp. 497–508, 2010.
- B. Kamoun, A. Helali, and D. Afungchui, “Optimum project for horizontal axis wind turbines OPHWT,” Renewable Energy, vol. 30, no. 13, pp. 2019–2043, 2005.
- A. Helali, D. Afungchui, and B. Kamoun, “Characteristics of the Sidi Daoud (Tunisia) wind farm site and the optimal aerodynamic modelling of a wind turbine,” in Proceedings of the International Congress on the Renewable Energies and the Environment (CERE '05), Sousse, Tunisia, March 2005.
- S. Goldstein, “On the vortex theory of screw propeller,” Royal Society Proceedings A, vol. 123, no. 440, 1929.
- A. A. Afjeh and T. G. Keith Jr., “A vortex lifting line method for the analysis of horizontal axis wind turbines,” Journal of Solar Energy Engineering, vol. 108, no. 4, pp. 303–309, 1986.
- D. Sharpe, “A lifting line theory for the determination of wind turbine blade optimum performance,” in Proceedings of the European Wind Energy Conference, Madrid, Spain, 2003.
- J. M. Bousquet, Introduction à L’aérodynamique des Hélices, Ecole Supérieure des Techniques Aérospatiales (ESTA), Paris, France, 1998.
- W. B. Morgan and J. W. Wrench, “Some computational aspects of propeller design,” in Methods in Computational Physics, vol. 4, pp. 301–331, Academic Press, New York, NY, USA, 1965.
- J. J. Chattot, “Optimization of wind turbines using helicoidal vortex model,” Journal of Solar Energy Engineering, Transactions of the ASME, vol. 125, no. 4, pp. 418–424, 2003.
- T. S. Beddoes, A near wake dynamic model. Aerodynamics and Aeroacoustics National Specialist Meeting. Papers and Discussion, 1987.
- B. Kamoun, D. Afungchui, and A. Chauvin, “A wind turbine blade profile analysis code based on the singularities method,” Renewable Energy, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 339–352, 2005.
- B. Kamoun, D. Afungchui, and M. Abid, “The inverse design of the wind turbine blade sections by the singularities method,” Renewable Energy, vol. 31, no. 13, pp. 2091–2107, 2006.