- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Rotating Machinery
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 581658, 10 pages
Study on the Interaction between Two Hydrokinetic Savonius Turbines
1Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay, Powai, Mumbai 400076, India
2Department of Mechanical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay, Powai, Mumbai 400076, India
Received 16 July 2011; Revised 9 October 2011; Accepted 1 November 2011
Academic Editor: M. Razi Nalim
Copyright © 2012 Kailash Golecha et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- F. O. Rourke, F. Boyle, and A. Reynolds, “Renewable energy resources and technologies applicable to Ireland,” Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, vol. 13, no. 8, pp. 1975–1984, 2009.
- M. J. Khan, M. T. Iqbal, and J. E. Quaicoe, “River current energy conversion systems: progress, prospects and challenges,” Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, vol. 12, no. 8, pp. 2177–2193, 2008.
- M. J. Khan, G. Bhuyan, M. T. Iqbal, and J. E. Quaicoe, “Hydrokinetic energy conversion systems and assessment of horizontal and vertical axis turbines for river and tidal applications: a technology status review,” Applied Energy, vol. 86, no. 10, pp. 1823–1835, 2009.
- M. Anyi and B. Kirke, “Evaluation of small axial flow hydrokinetic turbines for remote communities,” Energy for Sustainable Development, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 110–116, 2010.
- M. S. Güney and K. Kaygusuz, “Hydrokinetic energy conversion systems: a technology status review,” Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, vol. 14, no. 9, pp. 2996–3004, 2010.
- F. O. Rourke, F. Boyle, and A. Reynolds, “Marine current energy devices: current status and possible future applications in Ireland,” Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 1026–1036, 2010.
- A. M. Gorlov, “Helical turbines for the gulf stream: conceptual approach to design of a large-scale floating power farm,” Marine Technology, vol. 35, no. 3, pp. 175–182, 1998.
- M. N. I. Khan, M. Tariq Iqbal, M. Hinchey, and V. Masek, “Performance of savonius rotor as a water current turbine,” Journal of Ocean Technology, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 71–83, 2009.
- M. Nakajima, S. Iio, and T. Ikeda, “Performance of double step Savonius rotor for environmentally friendly hydraulic turbine,” Journal of Fluid Science and Technology, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 410–419, 2008.
- M. Nakajima, S. Iio, and T. Ikeda, “Performance of Savonius rotor for environment friendly hydraulic turbine,” Journal of Fluid Science and Technology, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 420–429, 2008.
- M. Faizal, M. Rafiuddin Ahmed, and Y. H. Lee, “On utilizing the orbital motion in water waves to drive a Savonius rotor,” Renewable Energy, vol. 35, no. 1, pp. 164–169, 2010.
- T. K. Aldoss and Y. S. H. Najjar, “Performance of two Savonius rotors running side by side,” Wind Engineering, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 79–88, 1987.
- A. Shigetomi, Y. Murai, Y. Tasaka, and Y. Takeda, “Interactive flow field around two Savonius turbines,” Renewable Energy, vol. 36, no. 2, pp. 536–545, 2011.
- M. A. Kamoji, S. B. Kedare, and S. V. Prabhu, “Experimental investigations on single stage modified Savonius rotor,” Applied Energy, vol. 86, no. 7-8, pp. 1064–1073, 2009.
- R. J. Moffat, “Describing the uncertainties in experimental results,” Experimental Thermal and Fluid Science, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 3–17, 1988.