- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Rotating Machinery
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 853767, 9 pages
Some Improvements in a Gas Turbine Stator-Rotor Systems Core-Swirl Ratio Correlation
Department of Energy “Sergio Stecco”, University of Florence, 50139 Firenze, Italy
Received 13 September 2011; Revised 3 March 2012; Accepted 8 March 2012
Academic Editor: Ting Wang
Copyright © 2012 R. Da Soghe et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. M. Owen and R. H. Rogers, Flow and Heat Transfer in Rotating-Disc Systems - Vol.1: Rotor-Stator Systems, W. D. Morris, Ed., John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1989.
- J. W. Daily and R. E. Nece, “Chamber dimension effects on induced flow and frictional resistance of enclosed rotating disks,” Journal of Basic Engineering, vol. 82, pp. 217–232, 1960.
- J. W. Daily, W. D. Ernst, and V. V. Asbedian, Enclosed Rotating Disks with Superposed Throughflow, Report no. 64, M.I.T., Department of Civil Engineering, 1964.
- J. Kurokawa and T. Toyokura, “Study on axial thrust of radial flow turbomachinery,” in Proceedings of the 2nd International JSME Symposium Fluid Machinery and Fluid Mechanics, Tokyo, Japan, 1972.
- J. Kurokawa and M. Sakuma, “Flow in a narrow gap along an enclosed rotating disk with through-flow,” JSME International Journal Series B, vol. 31, no. 2, pp. 243–251, 1988.
- J. M. Owen, “Approximate solution for the flow between a rotating and a stationary disk,” Journal of Turbomachinery, vol. 111, no. 3, pp. 323–332, 1989.
- S. Poncet, M. P. Chauve, and P. Le Gal, “Turbulent rotating disk flow with inward throughflow,” Journal of Fluid Mechanics, vol. 522, pp. 253–262, 2005.
- S. Poncet, M.-P. Chauve, and P. Le Gal, “Study of the entrainment coefficient of the fluid in a rotor-stator cavity,” in Proceedings of the 6th European Conference on Turbomachinery - Fluid Dynamics and Thermodynamics, G. Bois, C. Sierverding, M. Manna, and T. Arts, Eds., vol. 1, pp. 246–256, 2005.
- S. Poncet, R. Schiestel, and M. P. Chauve, “Centrifugal flow in a rotor-stator cavity,” Journal of Fluids Engineering, Transactions of the ASME, vol. 127, no. 4, pp. 787–794, 2005.
- S. Poncet, R. Schiestel, and M.-P. Chauve, “Turbulence modelling and measurements in a rotor-stator system with throughflow,” in Engineering Turbulence Modelling and Experiments 6, W. Rodi and M. Mulas, Eds., pp. 761–770, Elsevier, New York, NY, USA, 2005.
- S. Poncet, M. P. Chauve, and R. Schiestel, “Batchelor versus Stewartson flow structures in a rotor-stator cavity with throughflow,” Physics of Fluids, vol. 17, no. 7, pp. 1–15, 2005.
- R. Debuchy, S. Poncet, F. Abdel Nour, and G. Bois, “Experimental and numerical investigation of turbulent air flow behaviour in a rotor-stator cavity,” in Proceedings of the European Turbomachinery Conference, 2009.
- C. Wu, K. McCusker, B. Vaisman, and R. Paolillo, “CFD analysis prediction of heat transfer coefficient in rotating cavities with radial outflow,” in 51st ASME Turbo Expo, pp. 1515–1525, May 2006.
- R. Debuchy, S. Della Gatta, E. D'Haudt, G. Bois, and F. Martelli, “Influence of external geometrical modifications on the flow behaviour of a rotor-stator system: numerical and experimental investigation,” Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers A, vol. 221, no. 6, pp. 857–864, 2007.
- R. P. Roy, D. W. Zhou, S. Ganesan, C. Z. Wang, R. E. Paolillo, and B. V. Johnson, “The flow field and main gas ingestion in a rotor-stator cavity,” ASME Paper GT2007 27671, 2007.
- C. Bianchini, R. Da Soghe, B. Facchini et al., “Development of numerical tools for stator-rotor cavities calculation in heavy-duty gas turbines,” in ASME Turbo Expo, pp. 1667–1679, June 2008.
- L. Innocenti, M. Micio, R. Da Soghe, and B. Facchini, “Analysis of Gas Turbine Rotating Cavities by an One Dimensional Model,” ISROMAC Paper(12-2008-20161), 2008.
- R. Da Soghe, L. Innocenti, A. Andreini, and S. Poncet, “Numerical benchmark of turbulence modeling in gas turbine rotor-stator system,” GT2010-22627.