- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Rotating Machinery
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 902548, 10 pages
Effects of Input Voltage on Flow Separation Control for Low-Pressure Turbine at Low Reynolds Number by Plasma Actuators
Turbomachinery Group, Energy Technology Research Institute, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST), 1-2-1 Namiki, Ibaraki, Tsukuba 3058564, Japan
Received 23 July 2012; Revised 2 November 2012; Accepted 7 November 2012
Academic Editor: N. Sitaram
Copyright © 2012 Takayuki Matsunuma and Takehiko Segawa. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. Sondergaard, R. B. Rivir, and J. P. Bons, “Control of low-pressure turbine separation using vortex-generator jets,” Journal of Propulsion and Power, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 889–895, 2002.
- H. Arakawa, T. Suzuki, K. Saito, S. Tamura, and S. Kishi, “Research and development of 300 kW class ceramic gas turbine project in Japan,” ASME Paper 97-GT-87, 1997.
- C. G. Murawski, R. Sondergaard, R. B. Rivir, K. Vafai, T. W. Simon, and R. J. Volino, “Experimental study of the unsteady aerodynamics in a linear cascade with low reynolds number low pressure turbine blades,” ASME Paper 97-GT-95, 1997.
- W. Lou and J. Hourmouziadis, “Separation bubbles under steady and periodic-unsteady main flow conditions,” ASME Journal of Turbomachinery, vol. 122, no. 4, pp. 634–643, 2000.
- R. J. Howell, O. N. Ramesh, H. P. Hodson, N. W. Harvey, and V. Schulte, “High lift and aft-loaded profiles for low-pressure turbines,” ASME Journal of Turbomachinery, vol. 123, no. 2, pp. 181–188, 2001.
- R. J. Volino and L. S. Hultgren, “Measurements in separated and transitional boundary layers under low-pressure turbine airfoil conditions,” ASME Journal of Turbomachinery, vol. 123, no. 2, pp. 189–197, 2001.
- K. W. Van Treuren, T. Simon, M. von Koller, A. R. Byerley, J. W. Baughn, and R. Rivir, “Measurements in a turbine cascade flow under ultra low reynolds number conditions,” ASME Journal of Turbomachinery, vol. 124, no. 1, pp. 100–106, 2002.
- R. B. Rivir, R. Sondergaard, and J. P. Bons, “Control of separation in turbine boundary layers,” AIAA Paper 2004-2201, 2004.
- J. R. Roth, D. M. Sherman, and S. P. Wilkinson, “Boundary layer flow control with a one atmosphere uniform grow discharge,” AIAA Paper 98-0328, 1998.
- T. C. Corke, C. L. Enloe, and S. P. Wilkinson, “Dielectric barrier discharge plasma actuators for flow control,” Annual Review of Fluid Mechanics, vol. 42, pp. 505–529, 2010.
- Y. B. Suzen and P. G. Huang, “Simulations of flow separation control using plasma actuators,” AIAA Paper 2006-877, 2006.
- J. Huang, T. C. Corke, and F. O. Thomas, “Plasma actuators for separation control of low-pressure turbine blades,” AIAA Paper 2003-1027, 2003.
- J. Huang, T. C. Corke, and F. O. Thomas, “Unsteady plasma actuators for separation control of low-pressure turbine blades,” AIAA Journal, vol. 44, no. 7, pp. 1477–1487, 2006.
- D. P. Rizzetta and M. R. Visbal, “Numerical investigation of plasma-based flow control for a transitional highly-loaded low-pressure turbine,” AIAA Paper 2007-938, 2007.
- Y. B. Suzen, P. G. Huang, and D. E. Ashpis, “Numerical simulations of flow separation control in low-pressure turbines using plasma actuators,” AIAA Paper 2007-937, 2007.
- I. G. Boxx, J. M. Newcamp, M. E. Franke, N. M. Woods, and R. B. Rivir, “A PIV study of a plasma discharge flow-control actuator on a flat plate in an aggressive pressure induced Separation,” ASME Paper GT2006-91044, 2006.
- D. Burman, T. W. Simon, U. Kortshagen, and D. Ernie, “Separation control using plasma actuators: steady flow in low pressure turbines,” ASME Paper GT-2011-46807, 2011.
- C. Marks, R. Sondergaard, and M. Wolff, “Experimental comparison of DBD plasma actuators for low reynolds number separation control,” ASME Paper GT-2011-45397, 2011.
- T. Matsunuma, “Effects of Reynolds number and freestream turbulence on turbine tip clearance flow,” ASME Journal of Turbomachinery, vol. 128, no. 1, pp. 166–177, 2006.
- T. Matsunuma, “Unsteady flow field of an axial-flow turbine rotor at a low Reynolds number,” ASME Journal of Turbomachinery, vol. 129, no. 2, pp. 360–371, 2007.
- P. Magnier, D. Hong, A. Leroy-Chesneau, J. M. Bauchire, and J. Hureau, “Control of separated flows with the ionic wind generated by a DC corona discharge,” Experiments in Fluids, vol. 42, no. 5, pp. 815–825, 2007.
- T. N. Jukes and K.-S. Choi, “Dielectric-barrier-discharge vortex generators: characterisation and optimisation for flow separation control,” Experiments in Fluids, vol. 52, no. 2, pp. 329–345, 2012.
- S. J. Kline, J. G. Bardina, and R. C. Strawn, “Correlation of the detachment of two-dimensional turbulent boundary layers,” AIAA Journal, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 68–73, 1983.
- J. D. Denton, “Loss mechanisms in turbomachines,” ASME Journal of Turbomachinery, vol. 115, no. 4, pp. 621–656, 1993.