- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Rotating Machinery
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 189359, 11 pages
Application of a Fault Detection and Isolation System on a Rotary Machine
D.I.I., Università Politecnica delle Marche, Ancona, Italy
Received 30 June 2012; Revised 7 January 2013; Accepted 9 January 2013
Academic Editor: Zhaoye Qin
Copyright © 2013 Silvia M. Zanoli and Giacomo Astolfi. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. T. Gravdahl and O. Egeland, Compressor Surge and Rotating Stall: Modeling and Control, Springer, London, UK, 1999.
- B. De Jager, “Rotating stall and surge control: a survey,” in Proceedings of the 34th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, pp. 1857–1862, New Orleans, La, USA, 1995.
- D. C. Liaw, C. C. Song, and J. T. Huang, “Robust stabilization of a centrifugal compressor with spool dynamics,” IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, vol. 12, no. 6, pp. 966–972, 2004.
- J. T. Gravdahl and O. Egeland, “Centrifugal compressor surge and speed control,” IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, vol. 7, pp. 567–579, 1999.
- J. T. Gravdahl and O. Egeland, “Speed and surge control for a low order centrifugal compressor model,” Modeling, Identification and Control, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 13–29, 1998.
- T. B. Ferguson, The Centrifugal Compressor Stage, Butterworths, London, UK, 1963.
- T. Dalton and R. Patton, “Model-based fault diagnosis of a two-pump systems,” in Proceedings of the IFAC World Congress, pp. 79–84, San Francisco, Calif, USA, 1996.
- S. Nold and R. Isermann, “Model-based fault detection for centrifugal pumps and AC drives,” in Proceedings of the 11th IMEKO World Congress, Houston, Tex, USA, 1998.
- H. J. Liao and S. Z. Huang, “The fault diagnosis for centrifugal compressor based on time series analysis with neutral network,” in Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Advanced Computer Theory and Engineering (ICACTE '10), Chengdu, China, August 2010.
- M. Mugnaini, V. Quercioli, M. Catelani, R. Singuaroli, and A. Fort, “Characterization of centrifugal compressors' thermo-elements used in journal and thrust bearing temperature monitoring,” in Proceedings of the 19th IEEE Instrumentation and Measurement Technology Conference, vol. 1, pp. 421–424, May 2002.
- P. Huang, Z. Pan, X. Qi, and J. Lei, “Bearing fault diagnosis based on EMD and PSD,” in World Congress on Intelligent Control and Automation, pp. 1300–1305, 2010.
- S. Zhang, T. Asakura, X. Xu, and B. Xu, “Fault diagnosis system for rotary machines based on fuzzy neural networks,” in International Conference on Advanced Intelligent Mechatronics, pp. 199–204, 2003.
- W. Q. Lim, D. H. Zhang, J. H. Zhou, and H. L. Chan, “Vibration-based fault diagnostic platform for rotary machines,” in Proceedings of the 36th Annual Conference on IEEE Industrial Electronics Society (IECON '10), pp. 1404–1409, 2010.
- J. Zhihao, J. Shanqwei, J. Wen, and W. Bangchum, “Rubbing fault diagnosis of rotary machinery based on wavelet and support vector machine,” in Proceedings of the 1st International Workshop on Database Technology and Applications, pp. 287–290, 2009.
- R. Isermann, Fault-Diagnosis Systems. An Introduction from Fault Detection to Fault Tolerance, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2006.
- B. S. Shin, C. J. Lee, G. Lee, and E. S. Yoon, “Application of fault diagnosis based on signed digraphs and PCA with linear fault boundary,” in International Conference on Control, Automation and Systems (ICCAS '07), pp. 984–987, October 2007.
- S. Bezergianni and A. Kalogianni, “Application of principal component analysis for monitoring and disturbance detection of a hydrotreating process,” Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research, vol. 47, no. 18, pp. 6972–6982, 2008.
- Y. Tharrault, G. Mourot, J. Ragot, and D. Maquin, “Fault detection and isolation with robust principal component analysis,” International Journal of Applied Mathematics and Computer Science, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 429–442, 2008.
- R. Isermann, Fault-Diagnosis Applications. Model-Based Condition Monitoring: Actuators, Drives, Machinery, Plants Sensors, and Fault-Tolerant Systems, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2011.
- S. M. Zanoli, G. Astolfi, and L. Barboni, “Applications of fault diagnosis techniques for a multishaft centrifugal compressor,” in Proceedings of the 18th Mediterranean Conference on Control and Automation (MED '10), Marrakech, Morocco, 2010.
- S. M. Zanoli, G. Astolfi, and L. Barboni, “Applications of fault diagnosis techniques for a multishaft centrifugal compressor,” in Proceedings of the 9th European Workshop on Advanced Control and Diagnosis (ACD '11), Budapest, Hungary, 2011.
- R. N. Clark, Fault-Diagnosis in Dynamic Systems. Theory and Application, Prentice-Hall, Heslington York, UK, 1989.