- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Rotating Machinery
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 683713, 11 pages
A New Proposed Return Guide Vane for Compact Multistage Centrifugal Pumps
1National Research Center of Pumps and Pumping System Engineering and Technology, Jiangsu University, Zhenjiang 212013, China
2Fujian Academy of Mechanical Sciences, Fuzhou, Fujian 350005, China
Received 5 April 2013; Accepted 18 July 2013
Academic Editor: J.-C. Han
Copyright © 2013 Qihua Zhang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Thakker, T. S. Dhanasekaran, and J. Ryan, “Experimental studies on effect of guide vane shape on performance of impulse turbine for wave energy conversion,” Renewable Energy, vol. 30, no. 15, pp. 2203–2219, 2003.
- A. Thakker and T. S. Dhanasekaran, “Computed effect of guide vane shape on performance of impulse turbine for wave energy conversion,” International Journal of Energy Research, vol. 29, no. 13, pp. 1245–1260, 2005.
- L. M. C. Ferro, L. M. C. Gato, and A. F. O. Falcão, “Design and experimental validation of the inlet guide vane system of a mini hydraulic bulb-turbine,” Renewable Energy, vol. 35, no. 9, pp. 1920–1928, 2010.
- M. Govardhan and T. S. Dhanasekaran, “Effect of guide vanes on the performance of a self-rectifying air turbine with constant and variable chord rotors,” Renewable Energy, vol. 26, no. 2, pp. 201–219, 2002.
- Q. Li, H. Quan, R. Li, and D. Jiang, “Influences of guide vanes airfoil on hydraulic turbine runner performance,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Modern Hydraulic Engineering (CMHE '12), pp. 703–708, Nanjing, China, March 2012.
- A. Mohseni, E. Goldhahn, R. A. Van den Braembussche, and J. R. Seume, “Novel IGV designs for centrifugal compressors and their interaction with the impeller,” Journal of Turbomachinery, vol. 134, no. 2, Article ID 021006, 8 pages, 2012.
- S. L. Gunter, S. A. Guillot, W. F. Ng, and S. T. Bailie, “A three-dimensional CFD design study of a circulation control inlet guide vane for a transonic compressor,” in Proceedings of the 54th ASME Turbo Expo 2009, pp. 91–101, Orlando, Fla, USA, June 2009.
- M. Hensges, “Simulation and optimization of an adjustable inlet guide vane for industrial turbo compressors,” in Proceedings of the 53rd ASME Turbo Expo 2008, pp. 11–20, Berlin, Germany, June 2008.
- M. Coppinger and E. Swain, “Performance prediction of an industrial centrifugal compressor inlet guide vane system,” Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers A, vol. 214, no. 2, pp. 153–164, 2000.
- J. Fukutomi and R. Nakamura, “Performance and internal flow of cross-flow fan with inlet guide vane,” JSME International Journal B, vol. 48, no. 4, pp. 763–769, 2005.
- W. K. Chan, Y. W. Wong, S. C. M. Yu, and L. P. Chua, “A computational study of the effects of inlet guide vanes on the performance of a centrifugal blood pump,” Artificial Organs, vol. 26, no. 6, pp. 534–542, 2002.
- V. Chernoray, S. Ore, and J. Larsson, “Effect of geometry deviations on the aerodynamic performance of an outlet guide vane cascade,” in Proceedings of the ASME Turbo Expo 2010: Power for Land, Sea, and Air, pp. 381–390, Glasgow, UK, June 2010.
- T. Sonoda and H. Schreiber, “Aerodynamic characteristics of supercritical outlet guide vanes at low Reynolds number conditions,” Journal of Turbomachinery, vol. 129, no. 4, pp. 694–704, 2007.
- H. Posson, S. Moreau, and M. Roger, “Broadband noise prediction of fan outlet guide vane using a cascade response function,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, vol. 330, no. 25, pp. 6153–6183, 2011.
- C. Clemen, “Aero-mechanical optimisation of a structural fan outlet guide vane,” Structural and Multidisciplinary Optimization, vol. 44, no. 1, pp. 125–136, 2011.
- A. G. Barker and J. F. Carrotte, “Influence of compressor exit conditions on combustor annular diffusers, part 1: diffuser performance,” Journal of Propulsion and Power, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 678–685, 2001.
- V. Cyrus and J. Polansky, “Numerical simulation of the flow pulsations origin in cascades of the rear blade rows in a gas turbine axial compressor using low calorific fuel,” Journal of Turbomachinery, vol. 132, no. 3, Article ID 031012, 11 pages, 2010.
- D. Kaya, “Experimental study on regaining the tangential velocity energy of axial flow pump,” Energy Conversion and Management, vol. 44, no. 11, pp. 1817–1829, 2003.
- W. Yan, D. Shi, Z. Luo, and Y. Lu, “Three-dimensional CFD study of liquid-solid flow behaviors in tubular loop polymerization reactors: the effect of guide vane,” Chemical Engineering Science, vol. 66, no. 18, pp. 4127–4137, 2011.
- A. Sulaiman and S. Gabin, “Flow through the return channel of a multistage centrifugal pump,” in Proceedings of the 5th Conference on Fluid Machinery, vol. 2, pp. 1121–1132, Akademiai Kiado, Budapest, Hungary, 1975.
- S. König and N. Petry, “Parker-type acoustic resonances in the return guide vane cascade of a centrifugal compressor—theoretical modeling and experimental verification,” in Proceedings of the ASME Turbo Expo 2010: Power for Land, Sea, and Air, pp. 1687–1700, Glasgow, UK, June 2010.
- M. Miyano, T. Kanemoto, D. Kawashima, A. Wada, T. Hara, and K. Sakoda, “Return vane installed in multistage centrifugal pump,” The International Journal of Fluid Machinery and Systems, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 57–63, 2008.
- D. Kawashima, T. Kanemoto, K. Sakoda, et al., “Matching diffuser vane with return vane installed in multistage centrifugal pump,” The International Journal of Fluid Machinery and Systems, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 86–91, 2008.
- J. D. Denton, “Some limitations of turbomachinery CFD,” in Proceedings of the ASME Turbo Expo 2010: Power for Land, Sea, and Air, pp. 1–11, Glasgow, UK, June 2010.
- T. Nagahara and Y. Inoue, “Investigation of hydraulic design for high performance multi-stage pump using CFD,” in Proceedings of the ASME Fluids Engineering Division Summer Conference (FEDSM '09), pp. 417–424, Vail, Colo, USA, August 2009.
- S. Huang, A. A. Mohamad, and K. Nandakumar, “Numerical simulation of unsteady flow in a multistage centrifugal pump using sliding mesh technique,” Progress in Computational Fluid Dynamics, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 239–245, 2010.
- T. L. Rodgers and M. Cooke, “Rotor-stator devices: the role of shear and the stator,” Chemical Engineering Research and Design, vol. 90, no. 3, pp. 323–327, 2012.
- N. Sengil, “Performance increase in turbomolecular pumps with curved type blades,” Vacuum, vol. 86, no. 11, pp. 1764–1769, 2012.
- T. Chen and S. C. Li, “Numerical investigation of guide-plate induced pressure fluctuations on guide vanes of three gorges turbines,” Journal of Fluids Engineering, vol. 133, no. 6, Article ID 061101, 10 pages, 2011.
- J. Zhang, H. Zhu, C. Yang, Y. Li, and H. Wei, “Multi-objective shape optimization of helico-axial multiphase pump impeller based on NSGA-II and ANN,” Energy Conversion and Management, vol. 52, no. 1, pp. 538–546, 2009.
- D. Kaya, E. A. Yagmur, K. S. Yigit, F. C. Kilic, A. S. Eren, and C. Celik, “Energy efficiency in pumps,” Energy Conversion and Management, vol. 49, no. 6, pp. 1662–1673, 2008.
- S. Sallem, M. Chaabene, and M. B. A. Kamoun, “Optimum energy management of a photovoltaic water pumping system,” Energy Conversion and Management, vol. 50, no. 11, pp. 2728–2731, 2009.
- M. Gölcü, Y. Pancar, and Y. Sekmen, “Energy saving in a deep well pump with splitter blade,” Energy Conversion and Management, vol. 50, no. 11, pp. 2728–2731, 2009.
- H. Roclawski and D.-H. Hellmann, “Rotor-stator-interaction of a radial centrifugal pump stage with minimum stage diameter,” in Proceedings of the 4th WSEAS International Conference on Fluid Mechanics and Aerodynamics, pp. 301–308, Elounda, Greece, 2006.
- W. Shi, Q. Zhang, and W. Lu, “Hydraulic design of new-type deep well pump and its flow calculation,” Journal of Jiangsu University, vol. 27, no. 6, pp. 528–531, 2006 (Chinese).
- H. Roclawski and D.-H. Hellmann, “Numerical simulation of a radial multistage centrifugal pump,” in Proceedings of the 44th AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting and Exhibit, AIAA2006-1428, Elounda, Greece, January 2006.
- H. Roclawski, A. Weiten, and D.-H. Hellmann, “Numerical investigation and optimization of a stator for a radial submersible pump stage with minimum stage diameter,” in Proceedings of the ASME Joint U.S.-European Fluids Engineering Division Summer Meeting (FEDSM '06), FEDSM2006-98181, pp. 233–243, Miami, Fla, USA, July 2006.
- W. Shi, W. Lu, H. Wang, and Q. Li, “Research on the theory and design methods of the new type submerible pump for deep well,” in Proceedings of the ASME Fluids Engineering Division Summer Conference (FEDSM '09), pp. 91–97, Vail, Colo, USA, August 2009.
- L. Zhou, W. D. Shi, W. G. Lu, et al., “Numerical investigations and performance experiments of a deep-well centrifugal pump with different diffusers,” Journal of Fluids Engineering, vol. 134, no. 7, Article ID 071102, 8 pages, 2012.
- J. F. Gulich, Centrifugal Pumps, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2007.
- Q. H. Zhang, Y. Xu, W. D. Shi, et al., “Research and development on the hydraulic design system of the guide vanes of multistage centrifugal pumps,” Applied Mechanics and Materials, vol. 197, pp. 24–30, 2012.