- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Spectroscopy
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 474639, 5 pages
Integrated Band Intensities of Ethylene () by Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy
Natural Sciences and Science Education, National Institute of Education, Nanyang Technological University, 1 Nanyang Walk, 637616, Singapore
Received 22 June 2012; Accepted 22 July 2012
Academic Editor: Karol Jackowski
Copyright © 2012 G. B. Lebron and T. L. Tan. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. A. Loroño Gonzalez, V. Boudon, M. Loëte et al., “High-resolution spectroscopy and preliminary global analysis of C-H stretching vibrations of C2H4 in the 3000 and 6000 cm−1 regions,” Journal of Quantitative Spectroscopy and Radiative Transfer, vol. 111, no. 15, pp. 2265–2278, 2010.
- F. B. Abeles, P. W. Morgan, and M. E. J. Saltveit, Ethylene in Plant Biology, Academic Press, London, UK, 1992.
- H. Imaseki, “The biochemistry of ethylene biosynthesis,” in The Plant Hormone Ethylene, A. K. Mattoo and J. C. Suttle, Eds., pp. 1–20, CRC Press, Boca Raton, Fla, USA, 1991.
- S. Sawada and T. Totsuka, “Natural and anthropogenic sources and fate of atmospheric ethylene,” Atmospheric Environment, vol. 20, no. 5, pp. 821–832, 1986.
- C. P. Rinsland, C. Paton-Walsh, N. B. Jones et al., “High spectral resolution solar absorption measurements of ethylene (C2H4) in a forest fire smoke plume using HITRAN parameters: tropospheric vertical profile retrieval,” Journal of Quantitative Spectroscopy and Radiative Transfer, vol. 96, no. 2, pp. 301–309, 2005.
- R. J. Yokelson, J. G. Goode, D. E. Ward et al., “Emissions of formaldehyde, acetic acid, methanol and other trace gases from biomass fires in North Carolina measured by airborne Fourier transform infared spectroscopy,” Journal Geophysical Research, vol. 104, no. 23, pp. 30109–30125, 1999.
- P. F. Coheur, H. Herbin, C. Clerbaux et al., “ACE-FTS observation of a young biomass burning plume: first reported measurements of C2H4, C3H6O, H2CO and PAN by infrared occultation from space,” Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics, vol. 7, no. 20, pp. 5437–5446, 2007.
- R. E. Stoiber, D. C. Leggett, T. F. Jenkins, R. P. Murrmann, and W. I. J. Rose, “Organic compounds in volcanic gas from Santiaguito Volcano, Guatemala,” Geological Society of America Bulletin, vol. 82, no. 8, pp. 2299–2302, 1971.
- T. Kostiuk, P. Romani, F. Espenak, T. A. Livengood, and J. J. Goldstein, “Temperature and abundances in the Jovian auroral stratosphere 2. Ethylene as a probe of the microbar region,” Journal of Geophysical Research, vol. 98, no. 10, pp. 18823–18830, 1993.
- C. A. Griffith, B. Bézard, T. K. Greathouse, D. M. Kelly, J. H. Lacy, and K. S. Noll, “Thermal infrared imaging spectroscopy of Shoemaker-Levy 9 impact sites: spatial and vertical distributions of NH3, C2H4, and 10-μm dust emission,” Icarus, vol. 128, no. 2, pp. 275–293, 1997.
- B. Bezard, J. L. Moses, J. Lacy, T. Greathouse, M. Richter, and C. Griffith, “Detection of ethylene (C2H4) on Jupiter and Saturn in non-auroral regions,” Bulletin of the American Astronomical Society, vol. 33, p. 1079, 2001.
- B. Schulz, T. Encrenaz, B. Bezard, P. Romani, E. Lellouch, and S. K. Atreya, “Detection of C2H4 in Neptune from ISO/PHT-S observations,” Astronomy & Astrophysics, vol. 350, pp. L13–L17, 1999.
- W. C. Saslaw and R. L. Wildey, “On the chemistry of Jupiter's upper atmosphere,” Icarus, vol. 7, no. 1–3, pp. 85–93, 1967.
- A. Coustenis, R. K. Achterberg, B. J. Conrath et al., “The composition of Titan's stratosphere from Cassini/CIRS mid-infrared spectra,” Icarus, vol. 189, no. 1, pp. 35–62, 2007.
- V. G. Kunde, A. C. Aikin, R. A. Hanel, D. E. Jennings, W. C. Maguire, and R. E. Samuelson, “C4H2, HC3N and C2N2 in Titan's atmosphere,” Nature, vol. 292, no. 5825, pp. 686–688, 1981.
- A. Bar-Nun and M. Podolak, “The photochemistry of hydrocarbons in Titan's atmosphere,” Icarus, vol. 38, no. 1, pp. 115–122, 1979.
- A. Coustenis, A. Salama, B. Schulz et al., “Titan's atmosphere from ISO mid-infrared spectroscopy,” Icarus, vol. 161, no. 2, pp. 383–403, 2003.
- R. J. Vervack Jr., B. R. Sandel, and D. F. Strobel, “New perspectives on Titan's upper atmosphere from a reanalysis of the Voyager 1 UVS solar occultations,” Icarus, vol. 170, no. 1, pp. 91–112, 2004.
- A. L. Betz, “Ethylene in IRC +10216,” The Astrophysical Journal, vol. 244, pp. L103–L105, 1981.
- J. Cernicharo, A. M. Heras, J. R. Pardo et al., “Methylpolyynes and small hydrocarbons in CRL 618,” The Astrophysical Journal Letters, vol. 546, no. 2, pp. L127–L130, 2001.
- M. Rotger, V. Boudon, and J. Vander Auwera, “Line positions and intensities in the band of ethylene near 1450 cm−1: an experimental and theoretical study,” Journal of Quantitative Spectroscopy and Radiative Transfer, vol. 109, no. 6, pp. 952–962, 2008.
- W. E. Blass, J. J. Hillman, A. Fayt et al., “10 μm ethylene: spectroscopy, intensities and a planetary modeler's atlas,” Journal of Quantitative Spectroscopy and Radiative Transfer, vol. 71, no. 1, pp. 47–60, 2001.
- D. C. Reuter and J. M. Sirota, “Absolute intensities and foreign gas broadening coefficients of the and lines in the band of C2H4,” Journal of Quantitative Spectroscopy and Radiative Transfer, vol. 50, no. 5, pp. 477–482, 1993.
- J. Walrand, M. Lengelé, G. Blanquet, and M. Lepère, “Absolute line intensities determination in the band of C2H4,” Spectrochimica Acta A, vol. 59, no. 3, pp. 421–426, 2003.
- M. Bach, R. Georges, M. Hepp, and M. Herman, “Slit-jet Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy in 12C2H4: cold and hot bands near 3000 cm−1,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 294, no. 6, pp. 533–537, 1998.
- N. Jacquinet-Husson, L. Crepeau, R. Armante et al., “The 2009 edition of the GEISA spectroscopic database,” Journal of Quantitative Spectroscopy and Radiative Transfer, vol. 112, no. 15, pp. 2395–2445, 2011.
- L. S. Rothman, I. E. Gordon, A. Barbe et al., “The HITRAN 2008 molecular spectroscopic database,” Journal of Quantitative Spectroscopy and Radiative Transfer, vol. 110, no. 9-10, pp. 533–572, 2009.
- L. S. Rothman, A. Barbe, D. Chris Benner et al., “The HITRAN molecular spectroscopic database: edition of 2000 including updates through 2001,” Journal of Quantitative Spectroscopy and Radiative Transfer, vol. 82, pp. 5–44, 2003.
- M. Dang-Nhu, A. S. Pine, A. Fayt, M. D. Vleeschouwer, and C. Lambeau, “Les intensités dans la pentade , , , et de 12C2H4,” Canadian Journal of Physics, vol. 61, no. 3, pp. 514–521, 1983.
- I. Cauuet, J. Walrand, G. Blanquet et al., “Extension to third-order Coriolis terms of the analysis of , , and levels of ethylene on the basis of Fourier transform and diode laser spectra,” Journal of Molecular Spectroscopy, vol. 139, no. 1, pp. 191–214, 1990.
- T. L. Tan, S. Y. Lau, P. P. Ong, K. L. Goh, and H. H. Teo, “High-resolution Fourier transform infrared spectrum of the fundamental band of ethylene (C2H4),” Journal of Molecular Spectroscopy, vol. 203, no. 2, pp. 310–313, 2000.
- G. B. Lebron and T. L. Tan, “High-resolution FTIR measurement and analysis of the band of C2H3D,” Journal of Molecular Spectroscopy, vol. 261, no. 2, pp. 119–123, 2010.
- G. B. Lebron and T. L. Tan, “Improved rovibrational constants for the band of C2H3D,” Journal of Molecular Spectroscopy, vol. 265, no. 1, pp. 55–57, 2011.
- G. B. Lebron and T. L. Tan, “The high-resolution FTIR spectrum of the band of trans-d2-ethylene (trans-C2H2D2),” Journal of Molecular Spectroscopy, vol. 271, no. 1, pp. 44–49, 2012.
- R. C. Golike, I. M. Mills, W. B. Person, and B. Crawford, “Vibrational intensities. VI. Ethylene and its deuteroisotopes,” The Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 25, no. 6, pp. 1266–1275, 1956.
- R. H. Kagann and A. G. Maki, “Infrared absorption intensities for N2O3,” Journal of Quantitative Spectroscopy and Radiative Transfer, vol. 31, no. 2, pp. 173–176, 1984.
- R. Georges, M. Bach, and M. Herman, “The vibrational energy pattern in ethylene (12C2H4),” Molecular Physics, vol. 97, no. 1-2, pp. 279–292, 1999.