- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Stochastic Analysis
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 694285, 24 pages
A Decomposable Branching Process in a Markovian Environment
1Steklov Mathematical Institute, Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow 119991, Russia
2Chalmers University of Technology and University of Gothenberg, 412 96 Gothenburg, Sweden
Received 28 September 2012; Accepted 18 December 2012
Academic Editor: Peter Olofsson
Copyright © 2012 Vladimir Vatutin et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Benaim and S. J. Schreiber, “Persistence of structured population in random environments,” Theoretical Population Biology, vol. 76, no. 1, pp. 19–34, 2009.
- P. Haccou and Y. Iwasa, “Optimal mixed strategies in stochastic environments,” Theoretical Population Biology, vol. 47, no. 2, pp. 212–243, 1995.
- S. J. Schreiber, M. Benaïm, and K. A. S. Atchadé, “Persistence in fluctuating environments,” Journal of Mathematical Biology, vol. 62, no. 5, pp. 655–683, 2011.
- S. Sagitov and M. C. Serra, “Multitype Bienaymé-Galton-Watson processes escaping extinction,” Advances in Applied Probability, vol. 41, no. 1, pp. 225–246, 2009.
- C. Tomasetti, “On the probability of random genetic mutations for various types of tumor growth,” Bulletin of Mathematical Biology, vol. 74, no. 6, pp. 1379–1395, 2012.
- G. Alsmeyer and S. Grottrup, “A host-parasite model for a two-type cell population,” Advances in Applied Probability, vol. 45, 2013.
- K. B. Athreya and P. E. Ney, Branching Processes, vol. 196 of Die Grundlehren der mathematischen Wissenschaften, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 1972.
- J. Foster and P. Ney, “Decomposable critical multi-type branching processes,” Sankhyā. The Indian Journal of Statistics A, vol. 38, no. 1, pp. 28–37, 1976.
- V. A. Vatutin and S. M. Sagitov, “A decomposable critical branching process with two types of particles. Probabilistic problems of discrete mathematics,” Proceedings of the Steklov Institute of Mathematics, vol. 4, pp. 1–19, 1988.
- A. M. Zubkov, “The limit behavior of decomposable critical branching processes with two types of particles,” Theory of Probability & Its Applications, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 235–237, 1983.
- Y. Ogura, “Asymptotic behavior of multitype Galton-Watson processes,” Journal of Mathematics of Kyoto University, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 251–302, 1975.
- V. I. Afanasyev, J. Geiger, G. Kersting, and V. A. Vatutin, “Criticality for branching processes in random environment,” The Annals of Probability, vol. 33, no. 2, pp. 645–673, 2005.
- R. Durrett, Probability: Theory and Examples, Cambridge Series in Statistical and Probabilistic Mathematics, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 4th edition, 2010.
- J. Geiger and G. Kersting, “The survival probability of a critical branching process in random environment,” Theory of Probability & Its Applications, vol. 45, no. 3, pp. 607–615, 2000.
- V. I. Afanasyev, “On the maximum of a critical branching process in a random environment,” Discrete Mathematics and Applications, vol. 9, pp. 267–284, 1999.
- W. Feller, An Introduction to Probability Theory and Its Applications. II, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1966.
- V. A. Vatutin, “Polling systems and multitype branching processes in a random environment with a final product,” Theory of Probability & Its Applications, vol. 55, no. 4, pp. 631–660, 2011.
- V. I. Afanasyev, J. Geiger, G. Kersting, and V. A. Vatutin, “Functional limit theorems for strongly subcritical branching processes in random environment,” Stochastic Processes and Their Applications, vol. 115, no. 10, pp. 1658–1676, 2005.
- V. I. Afanasyev, C. Böinghoff, G. Kersting, and V. A. Vatutin, “Limit theorems for weakly subcritical branching processes in random environment,” Journal of Theoretical Probability, vol. 25, no. 3, pp. 703–732, 2012.
- V. I. Afanasyev, C. Boeinghoff, G. Kersting, and V. A. Vatutin, “Conditional limit theorems for intermediately subcritical branching processes in random environment,” Annales de l'Institut Henri Poincare (B) Probability and Statistics, In press, http://arxiv.org/abs/1108.2127.
- C. C. Heyde and V. K. Rohatgi, “A pair of complementary theorems on convergence rates in the law of large numbers,” Proceedings of the Cambridge Philosophical Society, vol. 63, pp. 73–82, 1967.
- E. E. Dyakonova, “Multitype Galton-Watson branching processes in Markovian random environment,” Theory of Probability and Its Applications, vol. 56, pp. 508–517, 2011.