- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Surgical Oncology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 185092, 9 pages
Pharmacokinetic Study of Perioperative Intravenous Ifosfamide
1Department of Surgical Oncology, Hospital East-Limburg, 3600 Genk, Belgium
2Washington Cancer Institute, Washington Hospital Center, Washington, DC 20010, USA
3Division of Surgical Sciences, Department of Surgery, Uppsala University Hospital, 75185 Uppsala, Sweden
Received 17 March 2011; Revised 27 June 2011; Accepted 13 July 2011
Academic Editor: Wai Lun Law
Copyright © 2011 Kurt Van der Speeten et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. Elias, M. Bonnay, J. M. Puizillou et al., “Heated intra-operative intraperitoneal oxaliplatin after complete resection of peritoneal carcinomatosis: pharmacokinetics and tissue distribution,” Annals of Oncology, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 267–272, 2002.
- D. Elias, J. H. Lefevre, J. Chevalier et al., “Complete cytoreductive surgery plus intraperitoneal chemohyperthermia with oxaliplatin for peritoneal carcinomatosis of colorectal origin,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 27, no. 5, pp. 681–685, 2009.
- M. Schlemmer, C. M. Wendtner, and R. D. Issels, “Ifosfamide with regional hyperthermia in soft-tissue sarcomas,” Oncology, vol. 65, no. 2, supplement, pp. 76–79, 2003.
- M. Urano, M. Kuroda, and Y. Nishimura, “For the clinical application of thermochemotherapy given at mild temperatures,” International Journal of Hyperthermia, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 79–107, 1999.
- B. Zylberberg, D. Dormont, P. Madelenat, and E. Daraï, “First-line intraperitoneal cisplatin-paclitaxel and intravenous ifosfamide in Stage IIIc ovarian epithelial cancer,” European Journal of Gynaecological Oncology, vol. 25, no. 3, pp. 327–332, 2004.
- A. A. Sarnaik, J. J. Sussman, S. A. Ahmad, and A. M. Lowy, “Technology of intraperitoneal chemotherapy administration: a survey of techniques with a review of morbidity and mortality,” Surgical Oncology Clinics of North America, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 849–863, 2003.
- M. H. Dahlke, H. J. Schlitt, and P. Piso, “Continuous peritoneal perfusion: techniques, methods and applications,” Cancer Treatment and Research, vol. 134, pp. 265–273, 2007.
- J. Esquivel, “Technology of hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy in the United States, Europe, China, Japan, and Korea,” Cancer Journal, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 249–254, 2009.
- T. Kerbusch, J. De Kraker, H. J. Keizer et al., “Clinical pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of ifosfamide and its metabolites,” Clinical Pharmacokinetics, vol. 40, no. 1, pp. 41–62, 2001.
- T. Kerbusch, A. D. R. Huitema, J. J. Kettenes-Van Den Bosch et al., “High-performance liquid chromatographic determination of stabilized 4-hydroxyifosfamide in human plasma and erythrocytes,” Journal of Chromatography B, vol. 716, no. 1-2, pp. 275–284, 1998.
- J. M. Margison, P. M. Wilkinson, T. Cerny, and N. Thatcher, “A simple quantitative HPLC assay for ifosfamide in biological fluids,” Biomedical Chromatography, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 101–103, 1986.
- P. H. Sugarbaker, R. Alderman, G. Edwards et al., “Prospective morbidity and mortality assessment of cytoreductive surgery plus perioperative intraperitoneal chemotherapy to treat peritoneal dissemination of appendiceal mucinous malignancy,” Annals of Surgical Oncology, vol. 13, no. 5, pp. 635–644, 2006.
- R. P. Sticca and B. W. Dach, “Rationale for hyperthermia with intraoperative intraperitoneal chemotherapy agents,” Surgical Oncology Clinics of North America, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 689–701, 2003.
- O. Dahl, R. Dalene, B. C. Schem, and O. Mella, “Status of clinical hyperthermia,” Acta Oncologica, vol. 38, no. 7, pp. 863–873, 1999.
- P. H. Sugarbaker, “Laboratory and clinical basis for hyperthermia as a component of intracavitary chemotherapy,” International Journal of Hyperthermia, vol. 23, no. 5, pp. 431–442, 2007.
- J. R. Lepock and M. J. Borrelli, “How do cells respond to their thermal environment?” International Journal of Hyperthermia, vol. 21, no. 8, pp. 681–687, 2005.
- H. H. Kampinga, “Cell biological effects of hyperthermia alone or combined with radiation or drugs: a short introduction to newcomers in the field,” International Journal of Hyperthermia, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 191–196, 2006.
- G. M. Hahn, J. Braun, and I. Har Kedar, “Thermochemotherapy: synergism between hyperthermia (42-) and adriamycin (or bleomycin) in mammalian cell inactivation,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 72, no. 3, pp. 937–940, 1975.
- T. Kusumoto, S. A. Holden, G. Ara, and B. A. Teicher, “Hyperthermia and platinum complexes: time between treatments and synergy in vitro and in vivo,” International Journal of Hyperthermia, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 575–586, 1995.
- B. Barlogie, P. M. Corry, and B. Drewinko, “In vitro thermochemotherapy of human colon cancer cells with cis-dichlorodiammineplatinum(II) and mitomycin C,” Cancer Research, vol. 40, no. 4, pp. 1165–1168, 1980.
- R. Colombo, “Combined treatment with local thermo-chemotherapy for non muscle invasive bladder cancer. the present role in the light of acquired data and preliminary cumulative clinical experiences,” Archivio Italiano di Urologia e Andrologia, vol. 80, no. 4, pp. 149–156, 2008.
- P. Jacquet, A. Averbach, O. A. Stuart, D. Chang, and P. H. Sugarbaker, “Hyperthermic intraperitoneal doxorubicin: pharmacokinetics, metabolism, and tissue distribution in a rat model,” Cancer Chemotherapy and Pharmacology, vol. 41, no. 2, pp. 147–154, 1998.
- G. Los, P. H. A. Mutsaers, W. J. M. Lenglet, G. S. Baldew, and J. G. McVie, “Platinum distribution in intraperitoneal tumors after intraperitoneal cisplatin treatment,” Cancer Chemotherapy and Pharmacology, vol. 25, no. 6, pp. 389–394, 1990.
- K. L. Dechant, R. N. Brogden, T. Pilkington, and D. Faulds, “Ifosfamide/Mesna. A review of its antineoplastic activity, pharmacokinetic properties and therapeutic efficacy in cancer,” Drugs, vol. 42, no. 3, pp. 428–467, 1991.
- K. Van Der Speeten, O. A. Stuart, H. Mahteme, and P. H. Sugarbaker, “Pharmacology of perioperative 5-fluorouracil,” Journal of Surgical Oncology, vol. 102, no. 7, pp. 730–735, 2010.
- P. Jacquet, A. D. Stephens, A. M. Averbach et al., “Analysis of morbidity and mortality in 60 patients with peritoneal carcinomatosis treated by cytoreductive surgery and heated intraoperative intraperitoneal chemotherapy,” Cancer, vol. 77, no. 12, pp. 2622–2629, 1996.
- F. Mohamed and B. J. Moran, “Morbidity and mortality with cytoreductive surgery and intraperitoneal chemotherapy: the importance of a learning curve,” Cancer Journal, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 196–199, 2009.
- R. M. Smeenk, V. J. Verwaal, and F. A. N. Zoetmulder, “Learning curve of combined modality treatment in peritoneal surface disease,” British Journal of Surgery, vol. 94, no. 11, pp. 1408–1414, 2007.
- D. Elias, F. Gilly, F. Boutitie et al., “Peritoneal colorectal carcinomatosis treated with surgery and perioperative intraperitoneal chemotherapy: retrospective analysis of 523 patients from a multicentric french study,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 63–68, 2010.
- P. H. Sugarbaker and K. A. Jablonski, “Prognostic features of 51 colorectal and 130 appendiceal cancer patients with peritoneal carcinomatosis treated by cytoreductive surgery and intraperitoneal chemotherapy,” Annals of Surgery, vol. 221, no. 2, pp. 124–132, 1995.