- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Surgical Oncology
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 374012, 11 pages
Clinical Considerations of BRCA1- and BRCA2-Mutation Carriers: A Review
1The Department of Obstetrics, Gynaecology, and Newborn Care, The Ottawa Hospital, Ottawa, ON, Canada K1H 8L6
2Centre for Cancer Therapeutics, Ottawa Hospital Research Institute, The Ottawa Hospital, Ottawa, ON, Canada K1H 8L6
3The Division of Gynaecologic Oncology, The Ottawa Hospital, Ottawa, ON, Canada K1H 8L6
Received 2 April 2011; Accepted 16 June 2011
Academic Editor: Bernardo Garicochea
Copyright © 2011 O. Bougie and J. I. Weberpals. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [8 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- R. Lopez, P. Agullo, and R. Lakshmanaswamy, “Links between obesity, diabetes and ethnic disparities in breast cancer among Hispanic populations,” Obesity Reviews, 2013.
- Susan Miesfeldt, Amanda Lamb, and Christine Duarte, “Management of Genetic Syndromes Predisposing to Gynecologic Cancers,” Current Treatment Options in Oncology, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 34–50, 2013.
- Maria Teresa Vietri, Anna Maria Molinari, Gemma Caliendo, Maria Laura De Paola, D'Elia Giovanna, Anna Laura Gambardella, and Pasquale Petronella, “Double heterozygosity in the BRCA1 and BRCA2 genes in Italian family,” Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine, vol. 51, no. 12, pp. 2319–2324, 2013.
- Claudia Marchetti, Roberta Iadarola, Innocenza Palaia, Violante di Donato, Giorgia Perniola, Ludovico Muzii, and Perluigi Bendetti Panici, “Hormone therapy in oophorectomized BRCA1/2 mutation carriers,” Menopause-The Journal of The North American Menopause Society, vol. 21, no. 7, pp. 763–768, 2014.
- Claudia Marchetti, Francesca De Felice, Innocenza Palaia, Giorgia Perniola, Angela Musella, Daniela Musio, Ludovico Muzii, Vincenzo Tombolini, and Pierluigi Benedetti Panici, “Risk-reducing salpingo-oophorectomy: a meta-analysis on impact on ovarian cancer risk and all cause mortality in BRCA 1 and BRCA 2 mutation carriers,” Bmc Womens Health, vol. 14, 2014.
- Soumen Paul, “The breast cancer susceptibility genes (BRCA) in breast and ovarian cancers,” Frontiers in Bioscience-Landmark, vol. 19, pp. 605–618, 2014.
- M Konecny, I Mlkva, J Simko, L Copakova, L Kadasi, F Cisarik, L Dolesova, K Zavodna, and J Markus, “Guidelines for complex genetic analysis of hereditary breast ovarian cancer syndrome in slovak population,” Acta Facultatis Pharmaceuticae Universitatis Comenianae, vol. 62, no. s11, 2015.
- Raghuveera Kumar Goel, and Kiven Erique Lukong, “Understanding the cellular roles of Fyn-related kinase (FRK): implications in cancer biology,” Cancer and Metastasis Reviews, 2016.