- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Surgical Oncology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 127854, 9 pages
Survival Implications Associated with Variation in Mastectomy Rates for Early-Staged Breast Cancer
1College of Pharmacy, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
2College of Public Health, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
3Department of Health Care Policy, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
4Eshelman School of Pharmacy, University of North Carolina, Chapell Hill, NC 27599, USA
5Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
6Division of General Internal Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Boston, MA 02120, USA
Received 23 March 2012; Revised 23 May 2012; Accepted 25 June 2012
Academic Editor: Steven Heys
Copyright © 2012 John M. Brooks et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [6 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Neil M. Davies, George Davey Smith, Frank Windmeijer, and Richard M. Martin, “Issues in the reporting and conduct of instrumental variable studies: A systematic review,” Epidemiology, vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 363–369, 2013.
- Elizabeth A. Chrischilles, Elizabeth A. Cook, Yuexin Tang, Cole G. Chapman, and John M. Brooks, “What is the effect of area size when using local area practice style as an instrument?,” Journal Of Clinical Epidemiology, vol. 66, no. 8, pp. S69–S83, 2013.
- Jason D. Wright, Cande V. Ananth, Jennifer Tsui, Sherry A. Glied, William M. Burke, Yu-Shiang Lu, Alfred I. Neugut, Thomas J. Herzog, and Dawn L. Hershman, “Comparative effectiveness of upfront treatment strategies in elderly women with ovarian cancer,” Cancer, vol. 120, no. 8, pp. 1246–1254, 2014.
- Janis E. Campbell, Amanda Janitz, Sara K. Vesely, Dana Lloyd, and Anne Pate, “Patterns of Care for Localized Breast Cancer Oklahoma 2003-2006,” Women & Health, pp. 150702074703004, 2015.
- Florian Ebner, Reyn van Ewijk, Achim Wöckel, Katharina Hancke, Lukas Schwentner, Visnja Fink, Rolf Kreienberg, Wolfgang Janni, and Maria Blettner, “Tumor biology in older breast cancer patients – What is the impact on survival stratified for guideline adherence? A retrospective multi-centre cohort study of 5378 patients,” The Breast, 2015.
- Mona P. Tan, Nadya Y. Sitoh, and Yih Y. Sitoh, “Minimising Unnecessary Mastectomies in a Predominantly Chinese Community,” International Journal of Surgical Oncology, vol. 2015, pp. 1–11, 2015.