- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Surgical Oncology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 750456, 4 pages
Neck Dissection for Thoracic Esophageal Squamous Cell Carcinoma
Department of Surgery, Toho University Omori Medical Center, 6-11-1 Omori-Nishi, Ota-Ku, Tokyo 143-8541, Japan
Received 9 August 2011; Accepted 23 November 2011
Academic Editor: André M. Eckardt
Copyright © 2012 Satoshi Yajima et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Y. Sannohe, R. Hiratsuka, and K. Doki, “Lymph node metastases in cancer of the thoracic esophagus,” American Journal of Surgery, vol. 141, no. 2, pp. 216–218, 1981.
- H. Shimada, Y. Nabeya, H. Matsubara et al., “Prediction of lymph node status in patients with superficial esophageal carcinoma: analysis of 160 surgically resected cancers,” American Journal of Surgery, vol. 191, no. 2, pp. 250–254, 2006.
- K. Isono, H. Sato, and K. Nakayama, “Results of a nationwide study on the three-field lymph node dissection of esophageal cancer,” Oncology, vol. 48, no. 5, pp. 411–420, 1991.
- H. Shimada, S. I. Okazumi, H. Matsubara et al., “Impact of the number and extent of positive lymph nodes in 200 patients with thoracic esophageal squamous cell carcinoma after three-field lymph node dissection,” World Journal of Surgery, vol. 30, no. 8, pp. 1441–1449, 2006.
- H. Akiyama, M. Tsurumaru, T. Kawamura, and Y. Ono, “Principles of surgical treatment for carcinoma of the esophagus,” Annals of Surgery, vol. 194, no. 4, pp. 438–446, 1981.
- N. Altorki, M. Kent, C. Ferrara, and J. Port, “Three-field lymph node dissection for squamous cell and adenocarcinoma of the esophagus,” Annals of Surgery, vol. 236, no. 2, pp. 177–183, 2002.
- T. Lerut, P. Nafteux, J. Moons et al., “Three-field lymphadenectomy for carcinoma of the esophagus and gastroesophageal junction in 174 R0 resections: impact on staging, disease-free survival, and outcome: a plea for adaptation of TNM classification in upper-half esophageal carcinoma,” Annals of Surgery, vol. 240, no. 6, pp. 962–974, 2004.
- H. Shiozaki, M. Yano, T. Tsujinaka et al., “Lymph node metastasis along the recurrent nerve chain is an indication for cervical lymph node dissection in thoracic esophageal cancer,” Diseases of the Esophagus, vol. 14, no. 3-4, pp. 191–196, 2001.
- Y. Tachimori, Y. Nagai, N. Kanamori, N. Hokamura, and H. Igaki, “Pattern of lymph node metastases of esophageal squamous cell carcinoma based on the anatomical lymphatic drainage system,” Diseases of the Esophagus, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 33–38, 2011.
- H. Kato, H. Watanabe, Y. Tachimori, and T. Iizuka, “Evaluation of neck lymph node dissection for thoracic esophageal carcinoma,” Annals of Thoracic Surgery, vol. 51, no. 6, pp. 931–935, 1991.
- T. Nishihira, K. Hirayama, and S. Mori, “A prospective randomized trial of extended cervical and superior mediastinal lymphadenectomy for carcinoma of the thoracic esophagus,” American Journal of Surgery, vol. 175, no. 1, pp. 47–51, 1998.