- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Surgical Oncology
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 674965, 5 pages
Staging Laparoscopy in Carcinoma of Stomach: A Comparison with CECT Staging
1Department of General Surgery, Government Medical College, Srinagar 190010, India
2Minimal Access Surgery, Lok Nayak Hospital, Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi 110002, India
Received 2 March 2013; Revised 12 April 2013; Accepted 12 April 2013
Academic Editor: S. Curley
Copyright © 2013 Showkat Majeed Kakroo et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. S. Khuroo, S. A. Zargar, R. Mahajan, and M. A. Banday, “High incidence of oesophageal and gastric cancer in Kashmir in a population with special personal and dietary habits,” Gut, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 11–15, 1992.
- N. Misra, R. Hardwick, and P. McCulloch, “The role of surgery in cancer stomach,” in Gastrointestinal Oncology: Evidence and Analysis, P. McCulloch, M. S. Karpah, D. J. Kerr, and J. Ajani, Eds., pp. 73–85, Informa Healthcare USA, New York, NY, USA, 1st edition, 2007.
- J. Davies, A. G. Chalmers, H. M. Sue-Ling et al., “Spiral computed tomography and operative staging of gastric carcinoma: a comparison with histopathological staging,” Gut, vol. 41, no. 3, pp. 314–319, 1997.
- T. Fukuya, H. Honda, K. Kaneko et al., “Efficacy of helical CT in T-staging of gastric cancer,” Journal of Computer Assisted Tomography, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 73–81, 1997.
- J. Triller, R. Roder, A. Stafford, and R. Schroder, “CT in advanced gastric carcinoma: is exploratory laparotomy avoidable?” European Journal of Radiology, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 181–186, 1986.
- K. C. P. Conlon and A. T. Rega, “Laparoscopic staging and bypass,” in Maingots Abdominal Operations, M. J. Zinner and S. W. Ashley, Eds., p. 1245, Mcgraw Hill Companies, New York, NY, USA, 11th edition, 2007.
- P. McCulloch, M. Johnson, R. Jairam, and W. Fischer, “Laparoscopic staging of gastric cancer is safe and affects treatment strategy,” Annals of the Royal College of Surgeons of England, vol. 80, no. 6, pp. 400–402, 1998.
- H. Feussner, K. Omote, U. Fink, S. J. Walker, and J. R. Siewert, “Pretherapeutic laparoscopic staging in advanced gastric carcinoma,” Endoscopy, vol. 31, no. 5, pp. 342–347, 1999.
- Japanese Research Committee on Histological Classification of Gastric Cancer, “The general rules for the gastric cancer study in surgery and pathology. II. Histological classification of gastric cancer,” The Japanese Journal of Surgery, vol. 11, pp. 140–145, 1981.
- S. B. Edge, D. R. Byrd, C. C. Compton, et al., Eds., AJCC Cancer Staging Manual, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 7 edition, 2009.
- A. M. Lowy, P. F. Mansfield, S. D. Leach, and J. Ajani, “Laparoscopic staging for gastric cancer,” Surgery, vol. 119, no. 6, pp. 611–614, 1996.
- K. C. P. Conlon, “Staging laparoscopy for gastric cancer,” Annali Italiani di Chirurgia, vol. 72, pp. 33–37, 2001.
- G. C. Sotiropoulos, G. M. Kaiser, H. Lang et al., “Staging laparoscopy in gastric cancer,” European Journal of Medical Research, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 88–91, 2005.
- E. C. Burke, M. S. Karpeh, K. C. Conlon, and M. F. Brennan, “Laparoscopy in the management of gastric adenocarcinoma,” Annals of Surgery, vol. 225, no. 3, pp. 262–267, 1997.
- F. Efsen and K. Fischerman, “Angiography in gastric tumours,” Acta Radiologica, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 193–197, 1974.
- G. R. J. C. Blackshaw, J. D. Barry, P. Edwards, M. C. Allison, G. V. Thomas, and W. G. Lewis, “Laparoscopy significantly improves the perceived preoperative stage of gastric cancer,” Gastric Cancer, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 225–229, 2003.
- D. M. D'Ugo, R. Coppola, R. Persiani, P. Ronconi, F. Caracciolo, and A. Picciocchi, “Immediately preoperative laparoscopic staging for gastric cancer,” Surgical Endoscopy, vol. 10, no. 10, pp. 996–999, 1996.
- J. S. Cho, J. K. Kim, S. M. Rho, H. Y. Lee, H. Y. Jeong, and C. S. Lee, “Preoperative assessment of gastric carcinoma: value of two-phase dynamic CT with mechanical IV injection of contrast material,” American Journal of Roentgenology, vol. 163, no. 1, pp. 69–75, 1994.
- R. A. Possik, E. L. Franco, D. R. Pires, D. R. Wohnrath, and E. B. Ferreira, “Sensitivity, specificity, and predictive value of laparoscopy for the staging of gastric cancer and for detection of liver metastases,” Cancer, vol. 58, no. 1, pp. 1–6, 1986.
- V. Muntean, A. Mihailov, C. Iancu et al., “Staging laparoscopy in gastric cancer. Accuracy and impact on therapy,” Journal of Gastrointestinal and Liver Diseases, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 189–195, 2009.
- Y. B. Choi, “Laparoscopic gastrojejunostomy for palliation of gastric outlet obstruction in unresectable gastric cancer,” Surgical Endoscopy and Other Interventional Techniques, vol. 16, no. 11, pp. 1620–1626, 2002.