- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Telemedicine and Applications
Volume 2008 (2008), Article ID 142803, 9 pages
Location Estimation in a Smart Home: System Implementation and Evaluation Using Experimental Data
Laboratoire DOMUS, Université de Sherbrooke, 2500 boulevard de l'Université, Sherbrooke, QC, J1K 2R1, Canada
Received 5 September 2007; Accepted 6 February 2008
Academic Editor: Frédérique Laforest
Copyright © 2008 Youcef Rahal et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- I. McDowell, G. Hill, J. Lindsay, et al., “Canadian study of health and aging: study methods and prevalence of dementia,” Canadian Medical Association Journal, vol. 150, no. 6, pp. 899–913, 1994.
- H. Pigot, S. Giroux, A. Mayers, B. Lefebvre, and V. Rialle, “The intelligent habitat and everyday life activity support,” in Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Simulations in Biomedecine, pp. 507–516, Ljubljana, Slovenia, April 2003.
- Y. Rahal, P. Mabilleau, and H. Pigot, “Bayesian filtering and anonymous sensors for localization in a smart home,” in Proceedings of the 21st International Conference on Advanced Information Networking and Applications Workshops (AINAW '07), vol. 1, pp. 793–797, Niagara Falls, Canada, May 2007.
- J. Hightower and G. Borriello, “Location systems for ubiquitous computing,” Computer, vol. 34, no. 8, pp. 57–66, 2001.
- A. M. Tabar, A. Keshavarz, and H. Aghajan, “Smart home care network using sensor fusion and distributed vision-based reasoning,” in Proceedings of the 4th ACM International Workshop on Video Surveillance and Sensor Networks (VSSN '06), pp. 145–154, Santa Barbara, Calif, USA, October 2006.
- J. Werb and C. Lanzl, “Designing a positioning system for finding things and people indoors,” IEEE Spectrum, vol. 35, no. 9, pp. 71–78, 1998.
- “Ekahau Positioning Engine,” http://www.ekahau.com/.
- H. S. Lee, B. Song, H. Y. Youn, and K. Chung, “The method of location error detection and correcting in smart home environments,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Hybrid Information Technology (ICHIT '06), vol. 2, pp. 432–438, Cheju Island, Korea, November 2006.
- Y. Kaddourah, J. King, and A. Helal, “Cost-precision tradeoffs in unencumbered floor-based indoor location tracking,” in Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Smart Homes and Health Telematic (ICOST '05), Sherbrooke, Québec, Canada, July 2005.
- S. Thrun, W. Burgard, and D. Fox, “A probabilistic approach to concurrent mapping and localization for mobile robots,” Autonomous Robots, vol. 5, no. 3-4, pp. 253–271, 1998.
- D. Fox, J. Hightower, L. Liao, D. Schulz, and G. Bordello, “Bayesian filtering for location estimation,” IEEE Pervasive Computing, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 24–33, 2003.
- S. J. Russell and P. Norvig, Artificial Intelligence: A Modern Approach, Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, USA, 2nd edition, 2002.