- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Telemedicine and Applications
Volume 2009 (2009), Article ID 859232, 7 pages
Mobile Messaging Services-Based Personal Electrocardiogram Monitoring System
School of Electrical Engineering, Princess Sumaya University for Technology, Amman 11941, Jordan
Received 20 February 2009; Accepted 14 June 2009
Academic Editor: Fei Hu
Copyright © 2009 Ashraf A. Tahat. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- “Atlas of Heart Disease and Stroke,” WHO, September 2004.
- D. Bottazzi, A. Corradi, and R. Montanari, “Context-aware middleware solutions for anytime and anywhere emergency assistance to elderly people,” IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 44, no. 4, pp. 82–90, 2006.
- Y. B. Choi, J. S. Krause, H. Seo, K. E. Capitan, and K. Chung, “Telemedicine in the USA: standardization through information management and technical applications,” IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 44, no. 4, pp. 41–48, 2006.
- U. H. Patel and C. F. Babbs, “A computer-based, automated, telephonic system to monitor patient progress in the home setting,” Journal of Medical Systems, vol. 16, no. 2-3, pp. 101–112, 1992.
- G. Coyle, L. Boydell, and L. Brown, “Home telecare for the elderly,” Journal of Telemedicine and Telecare, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 183–184, 1995.
- P. Giovas, D. Papadoyannis, D. Thomakos, et al., “Transmission of electrocardiograms from a moving ambulance,” Journal of Telemedicine and Telecare, vol. 4, pp. 5–7, 1998.
- T. Samaras, S. Karavasiliadou, E. Kouidi, et al., “Transtelephonic electrocardiographic transmission in the preparticipation screening of athletes,” International Journal of Telemedicine and Applications, vol. 1, pp. 1–4, 2008.
- K. Shimizu, “Telemedicine by mobile communication,” IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Magazine, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 32–44, 1999.
- http://www.gsmworld.com/, September 2008.
- D. Kammer, G. McNutt, and B. Senese, Bluetooth Application Developer's Guide, Syngress Publishing, Rockland, Mass, USA, 2002.
- R. Bouhenguel, I. Mahgoub, and M. Ilyas, “Bluetooth security in wearable computing applications,” in Proceedings of the International Symposium on High Capacity Optical Networks and Enabling Technologies, pp. 182–186, November 2008.
- D. Ralph and P. Graham, MMS Technologies, Usage and Business Models, John Wiley & Sons, West Sussex, UK, 2004.
- A. A. Tahat, “Mobile personal electrocardiogram monitoring system and transmission using MMS,” in Proceedings of the 7th International Caribbean Conference on Devices, Circuits and Systems (ICCDCS '08), pp. 1–5, Cancun, Mexico, 2008.
- G. Bodic, Mobile Messaging Technologies and Services, John Wiley & Sons, West Sussex, UK, 2005.
- A. A. Tahat, “Implementation of an SMS-based telemedicine system for patient electrocardiogram monitoring,” in Proceedings of the 4th IASTED International Conference on Telehealth and Assistive Technologies (AT '08), pp. 223–228, Baltimore, Md, USA, 2008.
- S. Guthery and M. Cronin, Mobile Application Development with SMS and the SIM Toolkit, McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, USA, 2002.