- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Telemedicine and Applications
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 357156, 7 pages
Tile-Ippokratis: The Experience of an Ehealth Platform for the Provision of Health Care Services in the Island of Chios and Cyprus
Department of Applied Technologies, National Center for Scientific Research “Demokritos”, 15310 Attiki, Greece
Received 2 November 2009; Revised 2 May 2010; Accepted 19 July 2010
Academic Editor: Tasos Dagiuklas
Copyright © 2010 Homer Papadopoulos. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Mitchell, “From Telehealth to ehealth, The Unstoppable Rise of ehealth,” John Mitchell & Associates for the Federal Australian Department of Communications, Information Technology and the Arts (DOCITA), 1999.
- Report of the WHO Global Observatory for ehealth, ehealth Tools & Services: Needs of the Member States, 2006.
- J. C. Kyedar, Ed., “Special issue: success stories in telemedicine. Some empirical evidence,” Telemedicine Journal, vol. 9, no. 1, 2003.
- A. Martínez, V. Villarroel, J. Seoane, and F. del Pozo, “Rural telemedicine for primary healthcare in developing countries,” IEEE Technology and Society Magazine, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 13–22, 2004.
- E. Kyriacou, S. Pavlopoulos, D. Koutsouris, A. S. Andreou, C. Pattichis, and C. Schizas, “Multipurpose health care ehealth system, II. Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society,” in Proceedings of the 23rd Annual International Conference of the IEEE, vol. 4, pp. 2544–3547, October 2001.
- P. de Toledo, S. Jiménez, F. del Pozo, J. Roca, A. Alonso, and C. Hernandez, “Telemedicine experience for chronic care in COPD,” IEEE Transactions on Information Technology in Biomedicine, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 567–573, 2006.
- M. V. M. Figueredo and J. S. Dias, “Mobile telemedicine system for home care and patient monitoring,” in Proceedings of the 26th Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBS '04), vol. 2, pp. 3387–3390, San Francisco, Calif, USA, September 2004.
- E. J. Gómez, M. E. Hernando Pérez, T. Vering et al., “The INCA system: a further step towards a telemedical artificial pancreas,” IEEE Transactions on Information Technology in Biomedicine, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 470–479, 2008.
- H. J. Lee, S. H. Lee, K.-S. Ha et al., “Ubiquitous healthcare service using Zigbee and mobile phone for elderly patients,” International Journal of Medical Informatics, vol. 78, no. 3, pp. 193–198, 2009.
- N. Gonzlez and I. Vlez, “Confidence: support to older peoples independent living,” in Proceedings of Psykologi, 2008.
- ATTENTIANET, “Advanced teleassistance convergent network for chronic disease patients and elders project,” http://www.attentianet.eu/.
- ENABLE, “Ambient assisted living solutions based on advanced ICT technologies,” http://www.enable-project.eu/.
- K4Care, “Knowledge-based homecare eservices for an ageing Europe,” http://www.k4care.net.
- G. Graschew, T. A. Roelofs, S. Rakowsky, and P. M. Schlag, “WinVicos—wavelet-based interactive video communication system for medical and non-medical applications,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Industrial Technology (ICIT '02), pp. 864–868, Bangkok, Thailand, 2002.
- P. Lian, K. Chong, X. Zhai, and Y. Ning, “The quality of medical records in teleconsultation,” Journal of Telemedicine and Telecare, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 35–41, 2003.
- P. Whitten, L. K. Johannessen, T. Soerensen, D. Gammon, and M. Mackert, “A systematic review of research methodology in telemedicine studies,” Journal of Telemedicine and Telecare, vol. 13, no. 5, pp. 230–235, 2007.
- H. Papadopoulos, “Comparative study of “functional” mobile applications,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications (PIMRC '08), Cannes, France, 2008.