- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Telemedicine and Applications
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 536237, 11 pages
Arogyasree: An Enhanced Grid-Based Approach to Mobile Telemedicine
Department of Computer Science & Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Chennai 600036, India
Received 5 October 2009; Accepted 18 February 2010
Academic Editor: Sajid Hussain
Copyright © 2010 Sriram Kailasam et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- “Research and technology development on telematics systems in health care,” Annual technical report on RTD in health care, CEC DG XIII, AIM, Brussels, Belgium, 1993.
- S. K. Mishra, “E health initiatives in India,” in Proceedings of the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (UNESCAP '07), Bangkok, Thailand, October 2007.
- G. Harris, “India: telemedicine's great new frontier,” IEEE Spectrum, vol. 39, no. 4, pp. 16–17, 2002.
- A. Pal, V. W. A. Mbarika, F. Cobb-Payton, P. Datta, and S. McCoy, “Telemedicine diffusion in a developing country: the case of India,” IEEE Transactions on Information Technology in Biomedicine, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 59–65, 2005.
- Center for Connected-Health at Partners Healthcare, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Mass, USA, http://www.connected-health.org/.
- BELGIUM-HF, “the largest Belgian telemedicine clinical trial on congestive heart failure,” http://www.belgium-hf.be/.
- I. Stoica, R. Morris, D. Karger, M. F. Kaashoek, and H. Balakrishnan, “Chord: a scalable peer-to-peer lookup service for internet applications,” in Proceedings of the ACM SIGCOMM Conference on Applications, Technologies, Architectures, and Protocols for Computer Communications (SIGCOMM '01), pp. 149–160, San Diego, Calif, USA, 2001.
- T. H. Kang, et al., “Sensors on textile substrates for home-based healthcare monitoring,” in Proceedings of the 1st Transdisciplinary Conference on Distributed Diagnosis and Home Healthcare (D2H2 '06), pp. 5–7, 2006.
- M. V. Reddy, A. V. Srinivas, T. Gopinath, and D. Janakiram, “Vishwa: a reconfigurable P2P middleware for grid computations,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Parallel Processing (ICPP '06), pp. 381–388, 2006.
- Medintegra, http://www.telemedicineindia.com/Medintegra.htm.
- “Development of ICT-Based Mobile Telemedicine System with Multi Communication Links for Urban and Rural Areas in Indonesia—Asia-Pacific Development Information Programme,” http://www.apdip.net/projects/ictrnd/2005/l53-id/proposal.
- C. O. Rolim, F. L. Koch, M. Assuncao, and C. B. Westphall, “Towards a grid of sensors for telemedicine,” in Proceedings of the 19th IEEE Symposium on Computer-Based Medical Systems, pp. 485–489, 2006.
- M. V. M. Figueredo and J. S. Dias, “Mobile telemedicine system for home care and patient monitoring,” in Proceedings of the 26th Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology, vol. 2, pp. 3387–3390, San Francisco, Calif, USA, 2004.
- T. Tang and J. Ku, “Mobile care: telemedicine based on medical grid and mobile network,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Wireless Communications, Networking, and Mobile Computing, pp. 3160–3163, 2007.
- O. J. Gibson, et al., “A GPRS mobile phone telemedicine system for self-management of type 1 diabetes,” in Proceedings of the 2nd IEEE EMBSS UK and Republic of Ireland Postgraduate Conference in Biomedical Engineering and Medical Physics, pp. 14–16, 2003.
- Telemedicine on the Grid Project at University of Cambridge, http://www.escience.cam.ac.uk/projects/telemed/.
- L. S. Satyamurthy, “ISRO's experience in Telemedicine with special reference to Mobile Telemedicine system,” November 2007, http://www.aprsaf.org/data/aprsaf14_data/day1/CSA05_APRSAF-14%20-%20Telemedicine.pdf.
- J. H. May, “Global Grid Telemedicine System: Expert Consult Manager,” Annual Report, Defence Technical Information Center, Pittsburgh University, Pittsburgh, Pa, USA, 1999-2000.
- G. Berti, et al., “Medical simulation services via the grid,” in Proceedings of the 17th International Parallel and Distributed Processing Symposium (IPDPS '03), Nice, France, April 2003.
- S. Benkner, G. Berti, G. Engelbrecht, et al., “GEMSS: grid-infrastructure for medical service provision,” in Proceedings of the 2nd European HealthGrid Conference, Clermont-Ferrand, France, January 2004.
- K. Sriram, K. K. Santosh, and D. Janakiram, “Architecture for an Internet-scale Telemedicine Grid,” Tech. Rep. IITM-CSE-DOS-2008-03, Distributed & Object Systems Lab, Department of Computer Science & Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Madras, India, 2008.
- K. Ganapathy and A. Ravindra, “M Health: a potential tool for health care delivery in India,” in Proceedings of the Making the ehealth Connection: Global Partnerships, Global Solutions, United Nations Organization, Rockefeller Foundation, Bellacio, Italy, July 2008.
- A. Rowstron and P. Druschel, “Pastry: scalable, decentralized object location and routing for large-scale peer-to-peer systems,” in Proceedings of the IFIP/ACM International Conference on Distributed Systems Platforms, pp. 329–350, Heidelberg, Germany, November 2001.
- A. Rowstron and P. Druschel, “Storage management and caching in PAST, a large-scale, persistent peer-to-peer storage utility,” in Proceedings of the ACM Symposium on Operating Systems Principles (SOSP '01), pp. 188–201, 2001.
- Privacy, Security and Confidentiality in Telemedicine, Telemedicine Report to Congress, January 1997, http://www.ntia.doc.gov/reports/telemed/privacy.htm.
- G. Ateniese, K. Fu, M. Green, and S. Hohenberger, “Improved proxy reencryption schemes with applications to secure distributed storage,” ACM Transactions on Information and System Security, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 1–30, 2006.
- Arogyasree Telemedicine System, http://dos.iitm.ac.in/projects/icmr/.
- BioComfort Health Manager, http://www.biocomfort.com/.
- R. H. Dolin, et al., “HL7 clinical document architecture, Release 2,” Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 30–39, 2006.