- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Telemedicine and Applications
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 563903, 8 pages
Low-Power, High Data Rate Transceiver System for Implantable Prostheses
Weldon School of Biomedical Engineering, Purdue University, 206 S. Martin Jischke Drive, West Lafayette, IN 47907, USA
Received 5 June 2010; Revised 11 November 2010; Accepted 17 November 2010
Academic Editor: Ekram Hossain
Copyright © 2010 A. R. Kahn et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. Quigley and A. T. Broman, “The number of people with glaucoma worldwide in 2010 and 2020,” British Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 90, no. 3, pp. 262–267, 2006.
- E. Y. Chow, C. L. Yang, A. Chlebowski, S. Moon, W. J. Chappell, and P. P. Irazoqui, “Implantable wireless telemetry boards for in vivo transocular transmission,” IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, vol. 56, no. 12, Article ID 4682668, pp. 3200–3208, 2008.
- K. D. Anderson, “Targeting recovery: priorities of the spinal cord-injured population,” Journal of Neurotrauma, vol. 21, no. 10, pp. 1371–1383, 2004.
- N. Ludvig, et al., “Evolution and prospects for intracranial pharmacotherapy for refractory epilepsies: the subdural hybrid neuroprosthesis,” Epilepsy Research and Treatment, vol. 2010, pp. 1–11, 2010.
- J. A. French, “Refractory epilepsy: clinical overview,” Epilepsia, vol. 48, no. 1, pp. 3–7, 2007.
- R. R. Harrison, R. J. Kier, and R. J. Kier, “Wireless neural recording with single low-power integrated circuit,” IEEE Transactions on Neural Systems and Rehabilitation Engineering, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 322–329, 2009.
- I. Obeid, M. A. L. Nicolelis, and P. D. Wolf, “A multichannel telemetry system for single unit neural recordings,” Journal of Neuroscience Methods, vol. 133, no. 1-2, pp. 33–38, 2004.
- J. Gerald, et al., “Wireless Transmission of Power and Data to Implants,” December 2001, http://sips.inesc-id.pt/.
- A. R. Chandrakasan, N. Verma, and D. C. Daly, “Ultralow-power electronics for biomedical applications,” Annual Review of Biomedical Engineering, vol. 10, pp. 247–274, 2008.
- M. Rizk, C. A. Bossetti, T. A. Jochum, S. H. Callender, M. A. Nicolelis, D. A. Turner, and P. D. Wolf, “A fully implantable 96-channel neural data acquisition system,” Journal of Neural Engineering, vol. 6, no. 2, Article ID 026002, 2009.
- S. Mandal and R. Sarpeshkar, “Power-efficient impedance-modulation wireless data links for biomedical implants,” IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Circuits and Systems, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 301–315, 2008.
- A. Hajimiri and T. H. Lee, “Design issues in CMOS differential LC oscillators,” IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, vol. 34, no. 5, pp. 717–724, 1999.
- T. H. Lee, The Design of CMOS Radio-Frequency Integrated Circuits, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 1998.
- W. Tomasi, Electronic Communication Systems, Prentice-Hall, New York, NY, USA, 4th edition, 2001.
- R. Simons, Coplanar Waveguide Circuits, Components, and Systems, Wiley Interscience, New York, NY, USA, 1st edition, 2001.
- D. Pozar, Microwave Engineering, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 3rd edition, 2005.
- K. Chang, RF and Microwave Wireless Systems, Wiley Interscience, New York, NY, USA, 2000.
- “High Performance Broadbanded Pyramidal RF Absorber,” 2008.
- H. Hori, G. Moretti, A. Rebora, and F. Crovato, “The thickness of human scalp: normal and bald,” Journal of Investigative Dermatology, vol. 58, no. 6, pp. 396–399, 1972.
- E. Y. Chow, A. L. Chlebowski, S. Chakraborty, W. J. Chappell, and P. P. Irazoqui, “Fully wireless implantable cardiovascular pressure monitor integrated with a medical stent,” IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, vol. 57, no. 6, Article ID 5415658, pp. 1487–1496, 2010.