- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Telemedicine and Applications
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 321376, 6 pages
Do Telemedicine Wound Care Specialist Consults Meet the Needs of the Referring Physician? A Survey of Primary Care Providers
1Division of Plastic Surgery UCSD, Department of Surgery, University of California San Diego, 200 West Arbor Drive, San Diego, CA 92103-8890, USA
2Department of Plastic, Wound and Burn Surgery, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS 66160, USA
Received 12 November 2010; Revised 6 June 2011; Accepted 16 June 2011
Academic Editor: Velio Macellari
Copyright © 2011 Marek K. Dobke et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- K. R. Jones, K. Fennie, and A. Lenihan, “Chronic wounds: factors influencing healing within 3 months and nonhealing after 5-6 months of care,” Wounds, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 51–63, 2007.
- O. M. Alvarez, M. Meehan, W. Ennis et al., “Chronic wounds: palliative management for the frail population,” Wounds, vol. 14, no. 8, pp. 1S–28S, 2002.
- M. K. Dobke, A. Renkielska, J. De Neve, J. Chao, and D. Bhavsar, “Telemedicine for problematic wound management: enhancing communication between long-term care, skilled nursing, and home caregivers and a surgical wound specialist,” Wounds, vol. 18, no. 9, pp. 256–261, 2006.
- H. M. Kim, J. C. Lowery, J. B. Hamill, and E. G. Wilkins, “Accuracy of a web-based system for monitoring chronic wounds,” Telemedicine Journal and e-Health, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 129–140, 2003.
- M. K. Dobke, D. Bhavsar, A. Gosman, J. De Neve, and B. De Neve, “Streamlining the management of patients with problematic wounds: must a multidisciplinary team formulate all patient management plans?” Wounds, vol. 19, no. 12, pp. 340–344, 2007.
- M. K. Dobke, D. Bhavsar, A. Gosman, J. De Neve, and B. De Neve, “Pilot trial of telemedicine as a decision aid for patients with chronic wounds,” Telemedicine and e-Health, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 245–249, 2008.
- D. L. Wallace, S. M. Jones, C. Milroy, and M. A. Pickford, “Telemedicine for acute plastic surgical trauma and burns,” Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery, vol. 61, no. 1, pp. 31–36, 2008.
- M. Brigden, A. Minty, S. Pilatzke, L. Vidova, L. Sherrington, and K. McPhail, “A survey of recipient client physician satisfaction with teleoncology services originating from thunder bay regional health sciences centre,” Telemedicine and e-Health, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 250–254, 2008.
- D. Hanson, J. Calhoun, and D. Smith, “Changes in provider attitudes toward telemedicine,” Telemedicine and e-Health, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 39–43, 2009.
- M. D. Stone, S. Norton, J. Mendez, and E. Hirsch, “Positive impact of a breast-health triaging system on breast-care access and physician satisfaction,” American Journal of Surgery, vol. 194, no. 4, pp. 482–487, 2007.
- E. N. Sturkey, S. Linker, D. D. Keith, and E. Comeau, “Improving wound care outcomes in the home setting,” Journal of Nursing Care Quality, vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 349–355, 2005.
- A. O' Connor, “Validation of a decisional conflict scale,” Medical Decision Making, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 25–30, 1995.
- P. Whitten, “What do we know about telemedicine, and what will it mean for primary care physicians?” Western Journal of Medicine, vol. 173, no. 3, pp. 174–175, 2000.
- W. Levinson, R. Gorawara-Bhat, and J. Lamb, “A study of patient clues and physician responses in primary care and surgical settings,” Journal of the American Medical Association, vol. 284, no. 8, pp. 1021–1027, 2000.
- T. S. Nesbitt, D. M. Hilty, C. A. Kuenneth, and A. Siefkin, “Development of a telemedicine program,” Western Journal of Medicine, vol. 173, no. 3, pp. 169–175, 2000.
- T. J. Randles and C. S. Thachenkary, “Toward an understanding of diagnostic teleconsultations and their impact on diagnostic confidence,” Telemedicine Journal and e-Health, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 377–385, 2002.
- A. D. Sholar, L. K. Wong, J. W. Culpepper, and L. A. Sargent, “The specialized wound care center: a 7-year experience at a tertiary care hospital,” Annals of Plastic Surgery, vol. 58, no. 3, pp. 279–284, 2007.