- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Telemedicine and Applications
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 549282, 10 pages
An Integrated Framework to Achieve Interoperability in Person-Centric Health Management
DEIS-ARCES, Università di Bologna, 40126 Bologna, Italy
Received 23 December 2010; Revised 30 March 2011; Accepted 29 May 2011
Academic Editor: Guy Pare
Copyright © 2011 Fabio Vergari et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Population Project EUROPOP, http://epp.eurostat.ec.europa.eu/.
- Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI), http://www.ihi.org/.
- Deloitte & Touche, The Emerging European Health Telematics Industry—Health Information Society Technology Based Industry Study, European Commission-Directorate General Information Society, 2000.
- J. Walker, E. Pan, D. Johnston, J. Adler-Milstein, D. W. Bates, and B. Bates, “The value of health care information exchange and interoperability,” Health Affairs, Suppl Web Exclusives, pp. W5-10–W5-18, 2005.
- J. Park and S. Ram, “Information systems interoperability: what lies beneath?” ACM Transactions on Information Systems, vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 595–632, 2004.
- SOFIA (Smart Object For Intelligence Applications), http://www.sofia-project.eu/.
- CHIRON (Cyclic and person-centric Health management: Integrated appRoach for hOme, mobile and clinical eNvironments) Project, http://www.chiron-project.eu/.
- R. Mark, “Telemedicine system: the missing link between homes and hospitals?” Modern Nursing Home, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 39–42, 1974.
- J. P. Finley, D. G. Human, M. A. Nanton et al., “Echocardiography by telephone—evaluation of pediatric heart disease at a distance,” American Journal of Cardiology, vol. 63, no. 20, pp. 1475–1477, 1989.
- OLDES (Older people’s e-services ah home), http://www.oldes.eu/.
- N. Noury, “AILISA: experimental platforms to evaluate remote care and assistive technologies in gerontology,” in Proceedings of the 7th IEEE International Workshop on Enterprise Networking and Computing in Healthcare Industry, pp. 23–25, Busan, South Korea, June 2005.
- L. Jiang, D. Y. Liu, and B. Yang, “Smart home research,” in Proceedings of the 2004 International Conference on Machine Learning and Cybernetics, vol. 2, pp. 659–663, Shanghai, China, August 2004.
- N. Noury, G. Virone, P. Barralon, J. Ye, V. Rialle, and J. Demongeot, “New trends in health smart homes,” in Proceedings of the 5th International Workshop on Enterprise Networking and Computing in Healthcare Industry (Healthcom '03), pp. 118–127, June 2003.
- Mainstreaming on Ambient Intelligence (MonAMI) project, http://www.monami.info/.
- Smart Medical Home Research Laboratory, Center for Future Health, University of Rochester, http://www.urmc.rochester.edu/future-health/index.cfm.
- C. Kidd, R. Orr, G. Abowd, et al., “The aware home: a living laboratory for ubiquitous computing research,” in Proceedings of the 2nd International Workshop on Cooperative Buildings, Integrating Information, Organization, and Architecture, pp. 191–198, October 1999.
- F. Knoefel, V. Emerson, and B. Schulman, “TAFETA: an inclusive design for tele-health,” in Proceedings of the Technology and Persons with Disabilities Conference, San Diego, Calif, USA, month year.
- S. Helal, W. Mann, H. El-Zabadani, J. King, Y. Kaddoura, and E. Jansen, “The gator tech smart house: a programmable pervasive space,” Computer, vol. 38, no. 3, pp. 50–60, 2005.
- Home Depot Smart Home, Pratt School of Engineering, Duke University, http://www.smarthome.duke.edu/.
- P. Bartolomeu, J. Fonseca, V. Santos, A. Mota, V. Silva, and M. Sizenando, “Automating home appliances for elderly and impaired people:the B-live approach,” in Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Software Development for Enhancing Accessibility and Fighting Info-exclusion (DSAI '07), November 2007.
- M. Chan, D. Estève, C. Escriba, and E. Campo, “A review of smart homes-present state and future challenges,” Computer Methods and Programs in Biomedicine, vol. 91, no. 1, pp. 55–81, 2008.
- C. Hsu, M. Bouziane, W. Cheung, L. Rattner, and L. Yee, “Metadatabase modeling for enterprise information integration,” Journal of Systems Integration, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 5–37, 1992.
- M. Weiser, “The computer for the 21st century,” IEEE Pervasive Computing, vol. 99, no. 1, pp. 19–25, 2002.
- IEEE Standards Committee, “Ieee std 610.12-1990 ieee standard glossary of software engineering terminology,” http://standards.ieee.org/reading/ieee/std_public/description/se/610.12-1990_desc.html.
- A. Lappeteläinen, J.-M. Tuupola, A. Palin, and T. Eriksson, “Networked systems, services and information the ultimate digital convergence,” in Proceedings of the 1st International NoTA Conference, Helsinki, Finland, June 2008.
- H. Zimmermann, “OSI reference model—the ISO model of architecture for open systems interconnection,” IEEE Transactions on Communications Systems, vol. 28, no. 4, pp. 425–432, 1980.
- Smart-M3 Public Source Code, http://sourceforge.net/projects/smart-m3.
- J. Honkola, L. Hannu, R. Brown, and O. Tyrkkö, “Smart-M3 information sharing platform,” in Computers and Communications, 2010 IEEE Symposium on (ISCC '10), pp. 1041–1046, Riccione, Italy, June 2010.
- Smart-M3, Wikipedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smart-M3.
- SOFIA Deliverable 5.11: Interoperability Platform Principles, http://www.sofia-project.eu/node/329.
- World Wid Web Consortium, http://www.w3.org/.
- “Taking the RDF model theory out for a spin,” in Proceedings of the First International Semantic Web Conference(ISWC '02), O. Lassila, Ed.I. Horrocks and J. Hendler, Eds., number 2342 in Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp. 307–317, Springer, Sardinia, Italy, June 2002.
- N. F. Noy and D. L. McGuinness, “Ontology development 101: a guide to creating your first ontology,” KSL-01-05, Stanford Knowledge Systems Laboratory, 2001.
- F. Vergari, S. Bartolini, F. Spadini et al., “A smart space application to dynamically relate medical and environmental information,” in Design, Automation and Test in Europe Conference and Exhibition(DATE '10), pp. 1542–1547, Dresden, Germany, March 2010.
- W. Kyle, “The human bioclimate of Hong Kong,” in Proceedings of the Contemporary Climatology Conference, B. Rand and M. Kolar, Eds., pp. 345–350, 1994.
- L. Roffia, A. D'Elia, F. Vergari, et al., “A smart-M3 lab course: approach and design style to support student projects,” in Proceedings of the 8th FRUCT Conference of Open Innovations Framework Program (FRUCT .10), pp. 142–153, State University of Aerospace Instrumentation (SUAI), Saint-Petersburg, Finland, 2010.