- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Telemedicine and Applications
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 721654, 7 pages
Virtual Communities for Diabetes Chronic Disease Healthcare
Faculty of Computer Science and Engineering, Ss. Cyril and Methodius University in Skopje, P.O. BOX 574, 1000 Skopje, Macedonia
Received 31 May 2011; Revised 28 July 2011; Accepted 29 August 2011
Academic Editor: Sotiris A. Pavlopoulos
Copyright © 2011 Ivan Chorbev et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- “Diabetes overview,” NIH Publication 09-3873, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services; National Institutes of Health, 2008.
- “National diabetes statistics,” NIH Publication 11-3892, 2011, http://diabetes.niddk.nih.gov/dm/pubs/statistics/.
- C. M. L. Chan, M. Bhandar, L.-B. Oh, and H.-C. Chan, “Recognition and participation in a virtual community,” in Proceedings of the 37th Annual Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS '04), Department of Information Systems National University of Singapore, Big Island, Hawaii, USA, 2004.
- Incorporating Wireless Technology into Virtual Organizations Supporting the Work of Healthcare Teams—Mohyuddin, W.A. Gray, David Morrey, Wendy Jones, Department of Computer Science, Cardiff University, Cardiff, CF24 3AA, UK, Clinical Information Unit, Velindre NHS Trust, Cardiff, CF14 2TL, UK.
- WSN Based Personal Mobile Physiological Monitoring and Management System for Chronic Disease—Sing-Hui Toh, Seung-Chul Lee and Wan-Young Chung Graduate School of Design & IT, Dongseo University, Busan 617-716, Korea Division of Electronics, Computer and Telecommunication Engineering, Pukyong National University, Busan 608-737, Korea—Third 2008 International Conference on Convergence and Hybrid Information Technology.
- V. M. Pomazan, L. Petcu, S. R. Sintea, and R. Ciorap, “Active data transportation and processing for chronic diseases remote monitoring,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Signal Processing Systems (ICSPS '09), 2009.
- J. Warren, M. Lundström, D. Osborne et al., “A multi-interface, multi-profiling system for chronic disease management learning,” in Proceedings of the 37th Annual Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, 2004.
- E. R. Weitzman, B. Adida, S. Kelemen, and K. D. Mandl, “Sharing data for public health research by members of an international online diabetes social network,” PLoS ONE, vol. 6, no. 4, Article ID e19256, 2011.
- A. Jennings, J. Powell, N. Armstrong, J. Sturt, and J. Dale, “A virtual clinic for diabetes self-management: pilot study,” Journal of Medical Internet Research, vol. 11, no. 1, article e10, 2009.
- J. Tan, M. Dohan, M. Farwick, P. C. K. Hung, T. Trojer, and J. Tashiro, “Gateway to quality living for the elderly charting an innovative approach to evidence-based E-health technologies for serving the chronically III,” in Proceedings of the 13th IEEE International Conference on Computational Science and Engineering (CSE '10), Hong Kong, 2011.
- A. Alessandro, I. Milesi, L. Govoni, A. Pedotti, and R. L. Dellaca, “A new telemedicine system for the home monitoring of lung function in patients with obstructive respiratory diseases,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on eHealth, Telemedicine, and Social Medicine (ETELEMED '09), Dipartimento di Bioingegneria Politecnico di Milano, Milano, Italy, 2009.
- J.-H. Cho, Y.-H. Choi, M.-J. Kang et al., “Urgent need of Ubiquitous healthcare for chronic disease management: focused on diabetes for the first step,” in Proceedings of the 10th IEEE/IPSJ International Symposium on Applications and the Internet (SAINT '10), Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, Seoul, South Korea, 2010.