- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Telemedicine and Applications
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 104561, 10 pages
Technological Approaches to Remote Monitoring of Elderly People in Cardiology: A Usability Perspective
1Department of Information Engineering, Marche Polytechnic University, Via Brecce Bianche 12, 60131 Ancona, Italy
2Cardiology Operational Unit, INRCA Scientific Institute, Via della Montagnola 81, 60100 Ancona, Italy
3University Clinic of Cardiology at Torrette Hospital, Marche Polytechnic University, Via Conca 71, Ancona, Italy
Received 27 April 2012; Accepted 8 November 2012
Academic Editor: Zia Agha
Copyright © 2012 Susanna Spinsante et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Ambient Assisted Living, “Europe is facing a demographic challenge: ambient assisted living offers solutions,” European Overview Report, Berlin, Germany, 2006.
- G. Paré, M. Jaana, and C. Sicotte, “Systematic review of home telemonitoring for chronic diseases: the evidence base,” Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 269–277, 2007.
- European Senior Watch Observatory Inventory, “A market study about the specific IST needs of older and disabled people to guide industry, RTD and policy,” IST-1999-29086, Bruxelles, Belgium, 2002.
- “Case history: ospedale molinette,” 2012, http://www.nuvolaitaliana.it/verticali/nuvola-it-home-doctor/.
- R. Antonicelli, C. Ripa, A. M. Abbatecola, C. A. Capparuccia, L. Ferrara, and L. Spazzafumo, “Validation of the 3-lead tele-ECG versus the 12-lead tele-ECG and the conventional 12-lead ECG method in older people,” Journal of Telemedicine and Telecare, vol. 18, pp. 104–108, 2012.
- R. Antonicelli, I. Mazzanti, A. M. Abbatecola, and G. Parati, “Impact of home patient telemonitoring on use of β-blockers in congestive heart failure,” Drugs and Aging, vol. 27, no. 10, pp. 801–805, 2010.
- R. Antonicelli, P. Testarmata, L. Spazzafumo et al., “Impact of telemonitoring at home on the management of elderly patients with congestive heart failure,” Journal of Telemedicine and Telecare, vol. 14, no. 6, pp. 300–305, 2008.
- A. Czabke, J. Loeschke, and T. Lueth, “Concept and modular telemedicine platform for measuring of vital signs, ADL and behavioral patterns of elderly in home settings,” in Proceedings of the Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, (EMBC '11), pp. 3164–3167, Boston, Mass, USA.
- F. Ligons, K. Romagnoli, S. Browell, H. Hochheiser, and S. Handler, “Assessing the usability of a telemedicine based medication delivery unit for older adults through inspection methods,” in Proceedings of the AMIA Annual Symposium, pp. 795–804, 2011.
- K. Bowles, A. Hanlon, and H. Glick, “Clinical effectiveness, access to, and satisfaction with care using a telehomecare substitution intervention: a randomized controlled trial,” International Journal of Telemedicine and Applications, vol. 2011, Article ID 540138, 13 pages, 2011.
- H. Zheng, C. Nugent, P. McCullagh et al., “Smart self management: assistive technology to support people with chronic disease,” Journal of Telemedicine and Telecare, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 224–227, 2010.
- W. Luo and G. Bai, “Ensuring the data integrity in cloud data storage,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Cloud Computing and Intelligence Systems (CCIS '11), pp. 240–243, 2011.
- F. Liu, W. Guo, Z. Q. Zhao, and W. Chou, “SaaS integration for software cloud,” in Proceedings of the 3rd IEEE International Conference on Cloud Computing, (CLOUD '10), pp. 402–409, July 2010.
- S. Franc, A. Daoudi, S. Mounier et al., “Telemedicine: what more is needed for its integration in everyday life?” Diabetes & Metabolism, vol. 37, pp. 71–77, 2011.