- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Telemedicine and Applications
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 162673, 7 pages
Experience-Sampling Methodology with a Mobile Device in Fibromyalgia
1Labpsitec, Universitat Jaume I, Avenida Sos Baynat s/n, 12071 Castellón de la Plana, Spain
2CIBER Physiopathology of Obesity and Nutrition CIBERobn, CB06/03, Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Spain
Received 13 February 2012; Revised 6 September 2012; Accepted 10 September 2012
Academic Editor: Zia Agha
Copyright © 2012 Castilla Diana et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. M. Bennett, J. Jones, D. C. Turk, I. J. Russell, and L. Matallana, “An internet survey of 2,596 people with fibromyalgia,” BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders, vol. 8, article 27, 2007.
- L. H. Brown, T. Strauman, N. Barrantes-Vidal, P. J. Silvia, and T. R. Kwapil, “An experience-sampling study of depressive symptoms and their social context,” Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease, vol. 199, no. 6, pp. 403–409, 2011.
- T. J. Trull and U. W. Ebner-Priemer, “Using Experience Sampling Methods/Ecological Momentary Assessment (ESM/EMA) in clinical assessment and clinical research: introduction to the special section,” Psychological Assessment, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 457–462, 2009.
- S. Consolvo, K. Everitt, I. Smith, and J. A. Landay, “Design requirements for technologies that encourage physical activity,” in Proceedings of the Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI '06), pp. 457–466, Montréal, Canada, April 2006.
- S. Consoivo, B. Harrison, I. Smith et al., “Conducting in situ evaluations for and with ubiquitous computing technologies,” International Journal of Human-Computer Interaction, vol. 22, no. 1-2, pp. 107–122, 2007.
- A. A. Stone and S. Shiffman, “Ecological momentary assessment (EMA) in behavioral medicine,” Annals of Behavioral Medicine, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 199–202, 1994.
- A. A. Stone and J. E. Broderick, “Real-time data collection for pain: appraisal and current status,” Pain Medicine, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. S85–S93, 2007.
- S. Bruehl, X. Liu, J. W. Burns, et al., “Associations between daily chronic pain intensity, daily anger expression, and trait anger expressiveness: an ecological momentary assessmentstudy,” Pain. In press.
- N. Bevan and M. MacLeod, “Usability measurement in context,” Behaviour & Information Technology, vol. 13, pp. 1–2, 1994.
- N. S. Shami, G. Leshed, and D. Klein, “Context of use evaluation of peripheral displays (CUEPD),” in Proceedings of the IFIP TC13 International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction (INTERACT '05), vol. 3585 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp. 579–587, 2005.
- P. Thomas and R. Macredie, “Introduction to the New Usability,” ACM Transactions on Computer-Human Interaction (TOCHI), vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 69–73, 2002.
- J. Nielsen, “Mobile Usability Update,” 2011, http://www.useit.com/alertbox/mobile-usability.html.
- S. Hong and S. C. Kim, “Mobile web usability: developing guidelines for mobile web via smart phones,” in Proceedings of the Design, User Experience, and Usability. Theory, Methods, Tools and Practice, vol. 6769 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp. 564–572, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2011.
- H. Rita, “Accessibility and usability guidelines for mobile devices in home health monitoring,” ACM Sigaccess Accessibility and Computing, vol. 84, pp. 26–29, 2006.
- J. Clark, Tapworthy IPhone Design and User Experience, O'Reilly Media, San Francisco, Calif, USA, 2011.
- W. Park, S. H. Han, S. Kang, Y. S. Park, and J. Chun, “A factor combination approach to developing style guides for mobile phone user interface,” International Journal of Industrial Ergonomics, vol. 41, no. 5, pp. 536–545, 2011.
- P. Baldry, M. B. Yunus, and F. Inanici, Myofascial Pain and Fibromyalgia Syndromes: A Clinical Guide to Diagnosis and Management, Churchill Livingstone, Edinburgh, UK, 2001.
- W. Wresh, Disconnected: Haves and Have-Nots in the Information Age, Rutgers University Press, New Brunswick, Canada, 1996.
- K. Coyne and J. Nielsen, “Web Usability for Senior Citizens: 46 Design Guidelines Based on Usability Studies with People Age 65 and Older,” Nielsen Norman Group Report, 2002, http://www.nngroup.com/reports/seniors/.