- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Telemedicine and Applications
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 736264, 5 pages
Do We Need New Personalized Emergency Telehealth Solutions? A Survey of 100 Emergency Department Patients and a First Report of the Swiss Limmex Emergency Wristwatch: An Original Study
1Department of Emergency Medicine, Inselspital, Bern University Hospital, CH-3010 Berne, Switzerland
2Health Care Research Institute AG, CH-8005 Zürich, Switzerland
Received 5 February 2012; Revised 16 May 2012; Accepted 26 June 2012
Academic Editor: Zia Agha
Copyright © 2012 Malek Tabbara et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. K. Solomon, T. S. Portner, G. E. Bass et al., “Clinical and economic outcomes in the hypertension and COPD arms of a multicenter outcomes study,” Journal of the American Pharmaceutical Association, vol. 38, no. 5, pp. 574–585, 1998.
- T. T. Fulmer, P. H. Feldman, T. S. Kim et al., “An intervention study to enhance medication compliance in community-dwelling elderly individuals,” Journal of Gerontological Nursing, vol. 25, no. 8, pp. 6–14, 1999.
- J. Ingenerf, “Telemedicine and terminology: different needs of context information,” IEEE Transactions on Information Technology in Biomedicine, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 92–100, 1999.
- W. J. Blyth, Telecommunications, Concepts, Development, and Management, Glencoe/McGraw-Hill, 2nd edition, 1990.
- S. G. Mougiakakou, E. Kyriacou, K. Perakis et al., “A feasibility study for the provision of electronic healthcare tools and services in areas of Greece, Cyprus and Italy,” BioMedical Engineering Online, vol. 10, article 49, 2011.
- I. Kouris, S. Mougiakakou, L. Scarnato et al., “Mobile phone technologies and advanced data analysis towards the enhancement of diabetes self-management,” International Journal of Electronic Healthcare, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 386–402, 2010.
- H. C. Noel, D. C. Vogel, J. J. Erdos, D. Cornwall, and F. Levin, “Home telehealth reduces healthcare costs,” Telemedicine Journal and E-Health, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 170–183, 2004.
- “Whole Systems Demonstrators: an Overview of Telecare and Telehealth,” 2009, http://www.dh.gov.uk/prod_consum_dh/groups/dh_digitalassets/documents/digitalasset/dh_100947.pdf.
- S. Dang, S. Dimmick, and G. Kelkar, “Evaluating the evidence base for the use of home telehealth remote monitoring in elderly with heart failure,” Telemedicine Journal and E-Health, vol. 15, no. 8, pp. 783–796, 2009.
- J. Rickard, S. Ahmed, M. Baruch, B. Klocman, D. O. Martin, and V. Menon, “Utility of a novel watch-based pulse detection system to detect pulselessness in human subjects,” Heart Rhythm, vol. 8, no. 12, pp. 1895–1899, 2011.
- Limmex Website, http://media.limmex.com/pdfs/manual.fr.pdf.