- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Telemedicine and Applications
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 806464, 5 pages
Fundus Autofluorescence Imaging in an Ocular Screening Program
The Institute of Ophthalmology and Visual Science, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Newark, NJ 07101, USA
Received 7 October 2012; Accepted 2 December 2012
Academic Editor: Y. L. Hsu
Copyright © 2012 A. M. Kolomeyer et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- K. Yogesan, I. J. Constable, R. H. Eikelboom, and P. P. van Saarloos, “Tele-ophthalmic screening using digital imaging devices,” Australian and New Zealand Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 26, supplement 1, pp. S9–S11, 1998.
- A. S. Khouri, B. C. Szirth, H. I. Salti, and R. D. Fechtner, “DICOM transmission of simultaneous stereoscopic images of the optic nerve in patients with glaucoma,” Journal of Telemedicine and Telecare, vol. 13, no. 7, pp. 337–340, 2007.
- A. Pirbhai, T. Sheidow, and P. Hooper, “Prospective evaluation of digital non-stereo color fundus photography as a screening tool in age-related macular degeneration,” American Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 139, no. 3, pp. 455–461, 2005.
- A. S. Khouri, B. C. Szirth, K. S. Shahid, and R. D. Fechtner, “Software-assisted optic nerve assessment for glaucoma tele-screening,” Telemedicine and e-Health, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 261–265, 2008.
- N. Tanabe, K. Go, Y. Sakurada, et al., “A remote operating slit lamp microscope system. Development and its utility in ophthalmologic examinations,” Methods of Information in Medicine, vol. 50, pp. 427–434, 2011.
- A. S. Neubauer, U. C. Welge-Lüßen, M. J. Thiel et al., “Tele-screening for diabetic retinopathy with the retinal thickness analyzer,” Diabetes Care, vol. 26, no. 10, pp. 2890–2897, 2003.
- P. Kumari Rani, R. Raman, M. Manikandan, S. Mahajan, P. G. Paul, and T. Sharma, “Patient satisfaction with tele-ophthalmology versus ophthalmologist-based screening in diabetic retinopathy,” Journal of Telemedicine and Telecare, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 159–160, 2006.
- A. Tuulonen, A. Ohinmaa, H. I. Alanko, P. Hyytinen, A. Juutinen, and E. Toppinen, “The application of teleophthalmology in examining patients with glaucoma: a pilot study,” Journal of Glaucoma, vol. 8, no. 6, pp. 367–373, 1999.
- L. A. Yannuzzi, M. D. Ober, J. S. Slakter et al., “Ophthalmic fundus imaging: today and beyond,” American Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 137, no. 3, pp. 511–524, 2004.
- S. Schmitz-Valckenberg, F. G. Holz, A. C. Bird, and R. F. Spaide, “Fundus autofluorescence imaging: review and perspectives,” Retina, vol. 28, no. 3, pp. 385–409, 2008.
- K. Shahid, A. M. Kolomeyer, N. V. Nayak, et al., “Ocular telehealth screenings in an urban community,” Telemedicine and e-Health, vol. 18, pp. 95–100, 2012.
- A. P. Gobel, M. Fleckenstein, S. Schmitz-Valckenberg, C. K. Brinkmann, and F. G. Holz, “Imaging geographic atrophy in age-related macular degeneration,” Ophthalmologica, vol. 226, pp. 182–190, 2011.
- A. Viestenz, C. Y. Mardin, A. Langenbucher, and G. O. H. Naumann, “In-vivo measurement of autofluorescence in the parapapillary atrophic zone of optic discs with and without glaucomatous atrophy,” Klinische Monatsblatter fur Augenheilkunde, vol. 220, no. 8, pp. 545–550, 2003.
- A. Gupta, R. Bansal, V. Gupta, and A. Sharma, “Fundus autofluorescence in serpiginouslike choroiditis,” Retina, vol. 32, pp. 814–825, 2012.
- M. F. Marmor, “Comparison of screening procedures in hydroxychloroquine toxicity,” Archives of Ophthalmology, vol. 130, pp. 461–469, 2012.
- A. M. Kolomeyer, B. C. Szirth, K. Shahid, G. Pelaez, N. V. Nayak, and A. S. Khouri, “Software-assisted analysis during ocular health screening,” Telemedicine and e-Health. In press.
- J. K. Schmier, M. T. Halpern, and M. L. Jones, “The economic implications of glaucoma: a literature review,” PharmacoEconomics, vol. 25, no. 4, pp. 287–308, 2007.
- K. M. Ke, “The direct, indirect and intangible costs of visual impairment caused by neovascular age-related macular degeneration,” European Journal of Health Economics, vol. 11, no. 6, pp. 525–531, 2010.
- A. F. Cruess, K. D. Gordon, L. Bellan, S. Mitchell, and M. L. Pezzullo, “The cost of vision loss in Canada. 2. Results,” Canadian Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 46, pp. 315–318, 2011.
- K. D. Gordon, A. F. Cruess, L. Bellan, S. Mitchell, and M. L. Pezzullo, “The cost of vision loss in Canada. 1. Methodology,” Canadian Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 46, pp. 310–314, 2011.
- H. Chung, B. Park, H. J. Shin, and H. C. Kim, “Correlation of fundus autofluorescence with spectral-domain optical coherence tomography and vision in diabetic macular edema,” Ophthalmology, vol. 119, pp. 1056–1065, 2012.