- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Telemedicine and Applications
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 650238, 6 pages
Model Construction for the Intention to Use Telecare in Patients with Chronic Diseases
1Department of Health Business Administration, Hungkuang University, Taichung City 43302, Taiwan
2No. 1018, Sector 6, Taiwan Boulevard, Shalu District, Taichung City 43302, Taiwan
3Cheng Ching General Hospital, Taichung City 407, Taiwan
Received 7 November 2012; Revised 17 January 2013; Accepted 5 February 2013
Academic Editor: Y. L. Hsu
Copyright © 2013 Jui-Chen Huang and Yii-Ching Lee. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. A. Hebert, B. Korabek, and R. E. Scott, “Moving research into practice: a decision framework for integrating home telehealth into chronic illness care,” International Journal of Medical Informatics, vol. 75, no. 12, pp. 786–794, 2006.
- S. Koch, “Home telehealth—current state and future trends,” International Journal of Medical Informatics, vol. 75, no. 8, pp. 565–576, 2006.
- J. R. Moehr, J. Schaafsma, C. Anglin, S. V. Pantazi, N. A. Grimm, and S. Anglin, “Success factors for telehealth—a case study,” International Journal of Medical Informatics, vol. 75, no. 10-11, pp. 755–763, 2006.
- I. M. Rosenstock, “Why people use health services,” The Milbank Memorial Fund Quarterly, vol. 44, no. 3, pp. 94–127, 1966.
- L. K. Schaper and G. P. Pervan, “ICT and OTs: a model of information and communication technology acceptance and utilisation by occupational therapists,” International Journal of Medical Informatics, vol. 76, supplement 1, pp. S212–S221, 2007.
- V. J. Strecher and I. M. Rosenstock, “The health belief model,” in Health Behavior and Health Education, K. Glanz, R. M. Lewis, and B. Rimer, Eds., pp. 41–59, Jossey-Bass, San Francisco, Calif, USA, 1997.
- T. Lajunen and M. Räsänen, “Can social psychological models be used to promote bicycle helmet use among teenagers? A comparison of the Health Belief Model, theory of planned behavior and the locus of control,” Journal of Safety Research, vol. 35, no. 1, pp. 115–123, 2004.
- X. Sun, Y. Guo, S. Wang, and J. Sun, “Predicting iron-fortified soy sauce consumption intention: application of the theory of planned behavior and health belief model,” Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior, vol. 38, no. 5, pp. 276–285, 2006.
- R. Agarwal and J. Prasad, “Are individual differences germane to the acceptance of new information technologies?” Decision Sciences, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 361–391, 1999.
- B. H. Sheppard, J. Hartwick, and P. R. Warshaw, “The theory of reasoned action: a meta-analysis of past research with recommendations for modifications and future research,” Journal of Consumer Research, vol. 15, pp. 325–343, 1988.
- S. Taylor and P. A. Todd, “Understanding information technology usage: a test of competing models,” Information Systems Research, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 144–176, 1995.
- L. T. Hu and P. M. Bentler, “Cutoff criteria for fit indexes in covariance structure analysis: conventional criteria versus new alternatives,” Structural Equation Modeling, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 1–55, 1999.
- H. Baumgartner and C. Homburg, “Applications of structural equation modeling in marketing and consumer research: a review,” International Journal of Research in Marketing, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 139–161, 1996.
- R. P. Bagozzi and Y. Yi, “On the evaluation of structural equation models,” Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 74–94, 1988.
- J. F. Hair, W. C. Black, B. J. Babin, R. E. Anderson, and R. L. Tatham, Multivariate Data Analysis, Macmillan, New York, NY, USA, 6th edition, 2006.
- J. C. Huang and S. P. Lin, “Exploring the key factors in the choice of home telehealth by using the health belief model,” Telemedicine and e-Health, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 87–92, 2009.
- J. B. F. de Wit, R. Vet, M. Schutten, and J. van Steenbergen, “Social-cognitive determinants of vaccination behavior against hepatitis B: an assessment among men who have sex with men,” Preventive Medicine, vol. 40, no. 6, pp. 795–802, 2005.
- I. Ajzen, “From intentions to actions: a theory of planned behavior,” in Action-Control: From Congition to Behavior, Springer, Heidelberg, Germany, 1985.
- P. Y. K. Chau and P. J. H. Hu, “Investigating healthcare professionals' decisions to accept telemedicine technology: an empirical test of competing theories,” Information and Management, vol. 39, no. 4, pp. 297–311, 2002.
- J. C. Huang, “Innovative health care delivery system—a questionnaire survey to evaluate the influence of behavioural factors on Individuals' acceptance of telecare,” Computers in Biology and Medicine, vol. 43, no. 4, pp. 281–286, 2013.
- J. C. Huang, “Exploring the acceptance of telecare among senior citizens: an application of back-propagation network,” Telemedicine and e-Health, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 111–117, 2011.
- A. R. Iossifova and S. Meyer-Goldstein, “Impact of standards adoption on healthcare transaction performance: the case of HIPAA,” International Journal of Production Economics, vol. 141, pp. 277–285, 2013.
- J. C. Huang, “Application of grey system theory in telecare,” Computers in Biology and Medicine, vol. 41, no. 5, pp. 302–306, 2011.
- P. M. Reyes, S. Li, and J. K. Visich, “Accessing antecedents and outcomes of RFID implementation in health care,” International Journal of Production Economics, vol. 136, pp. 137–150, 2012.