- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Vascular Medicine
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 964250, 8 pages
Techniques in Endovascular Aneurysm Repair
1Division of Vascular Surgery, University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, 979 East Third Street, Suite C-300, Chattanooga, TN 37404, USA
2Division of Vascular Surgery, Brown University, Two Dudley Street, Suite 470, Providence, RI 02905, USA
3Division of Vascular Surgery, Northwestern University and Jesse Brown Veterans Affairs Medical Center, 676 N. Saint Clair Street, Suite 650, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Received 3 January 2011; Accepted 31 July 2011
Academic Editor: Mark D. Morasch
Copyright © 2011 Sachin V. Phade et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. M. Greenhalgh and J. T. Powell, “Endovascular repair of abdominal aortic aneurysm,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 358, no. 5, pp. 494–501, 2008.
- J. Swinnen, A. Chao, A. Tiwari, J. Crozier, M. Vicaretti, and J. Fletcher, “Vertical or transverse incisions for access to the femoral artery: a randomized control study,” Annals of Vascular Surgery, vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 336–341, 2010.
- E. S. Rachel, T. M. Bergamini, E. V. Kinney, M. T. Jung, H. W. Kaebnick, and R. A. Mitchell, “Percutaneous endovascular abdominal aortic aneurysm repair,” Annals of Vascular Surgery, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 43–49, 2002.
- A. L. J. Slappy, A. G. Hakaim, W. A. Oldenburg, R. Paz-Fumagalli, and J. M. McKinney, “Femoral incision morbidity following endovascular aortic aneurysm repair,” Vascular and Endovascular Surgery, vol. 37, no. 2, pp. 105–109, 2003.
- J. P. Carpenter, “Delivery of endovascular grafts by direct sheath placement into the aorta or iliac arteries,” Annals of Vascular Surgery, vol. 16, no. 6, pp. 787–790, 2002.
- B. G. Peterson and J. S. Matsumura, “Creative options for large sheath access during aortic surgery,” Journal of Vascular Surgery, vol. 47, pp. 441–445, 2008.
- L. K. von Segesser, B. Marty, P. G. Tozzi, and A. Corno, “In situ introducer sheath dilatation for complex aortic access,” The European Journal of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 316–318, 2002.
- F. H. W. Jonker, J. Aruny, and B. E. Muhs, “Management of type II endoleaks: preoperative versus postoperative versus expectant management,” Seminars in Vascular Surgery, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 165–171, 2009.
- T. Ohrlander, B. Sonesson, K. Ivancev, T. Resch, N. Dias, and M. Malina, “The chimney graft: a technique for preserving or rescuing aortic branch vessels in stent-graft sealing zones,” Journal of Endovascular Therapy, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 427–432, 2008.
- B. J. Pearce and W. D. Jordan, “Using IVUS during EVAR and TEVAR: improving patient outcomes,” Seminars in Vascular Surgery, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 172–180, 2009.
- S. H. Ellozy, A. Carroccio, R. A. Lookstein et al., “First experience in human beings with a permanently implantable intrasac pressure transducer for monitoring endovascular repair of abdominal aortic aneurysms,” Journal of Vascular Surgery, vol. 40, no. 3, pp. 405–412, 2004.
- H. Hoppe, J. A. Segall, T. K. Liem, G. J. Landry, and J. A. Kaufman, “Aortic aneurysm sac pressure measurements after endovascular repair using an implantable remote sensor: initial experience and short-term follow-up,” The European Radiology, vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 957–965, 2008.
- T. Ohki, K. Ouriel, P. G. Silveira et al., “Initial results of wireless pressure sensing for endovascular aneurysm repair: the APEX Trial—Acute Pressure Measurement to Confirm Aneurysm Sac EXclusion,” Journal of Vascular Surgery, vol. 45, no. 2, pp. 236–242, 2007.
- M. Eisenack, T. Umscheid, J. Tessarek, G. F. Torsello, and G. B. Torsello, “Percutaneous endovascular aortic aneurysm repair: a prospective evaluation of safety, efficiency, and risk factors,” Journal of Endovascular Therapy, vol. 16, no. 6, pp. 708–713, 2009.
- C. L. Bent, N. Fotiadis, I. Renfrew et al., “Total percutaneous aortic repair: midterm outcomes,” CardioVascular and Interventional Radiology, vol. 32, no. 3, pp. 449–454, 2009.
- K. S. Heyer, S. A. Resnick, J. S. Matsumura, D. Amaranto, and M. K. Eskandari, “Percutaneous Zenith endografting for abdominal aortic aneurysms,” Annals of Vascular Surgery, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 167–171, 2009.
- W. A. Lee, M. P. Brown, P. R. Nelson, T. S. Huber, and J. M. Seeger, “Midterm outcomes of femoral arteries after percutaneous endovascular aortic repair using the Preclose technique,” Journal of Vascular Surgery, vol. 47, no. 5, pp. 919–923, 2008.