- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Vascular Medicine
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 435490, 9 pages
Redefining Onyx HD 500 in the Flow Diversion Era
Department of Neurosurgery, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Received 8 June 2011; Revised 24 August 2011; Accepted 24 August 2011
Academic Editor: Karthikeshwar Kasirajan
Copyright © 2012 Richard Tyler Dalyai et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. S. Cekirge, I. Saatci, S. Geyik, K. Yavuz, H. Öztürk, and G. Pamuk, “Intrasaccular combination of metallic coils and Onyx liquid embolic agent for the endovascular treatment of cerebral aneurysms,” Journal of Neurosurgery, vol. 105, no. 5, pp. 706–712, 2006.
- B. Lubicz, M. Piotin, C. Mounayer, L. Spelle, and J. Moret, “Selective endovascular treatment of intracranial aneurysms with a liquid embolic: a single-center experience in 39 patients with 41 aneurysms,” American Journal of Neuroradiology, vol. 26, no. 4, pp. 885–893, 2005.
- A. J. Molyneux, S. Cekirge, I. Saatci, and G. Gál, “Cerebral aneurysm multicenter European Onyx (CAMEO) trial: results of a prospective observational study in 20 European centers,” American Journal of Neuroradiology, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 39–51, 2004.
- H. S. Cekirge, I. Saatci, M. H. Ozturk et al., “Late angiographic and clinical follow-up results of 100 consecutive aneurysms treated with Onyx reconstruction: largest single-center experience,” Neuroradiology, vol. 48, no. 2, pp. 113–126, 2006.
- M. E. Mawad, S. Cekirge, E. Ciceri, and I. Saatci, “Endovascular treatment of giant and large intracranial aneurysms by using a combination of stent placement and liquid polymer injection,” Journal of Neurosurgery, vol. 96, no. 3, pp. 474–482, 2002.
- R. L. Piske, L. H. Kanashiro, E. Paschoal, C. Agner, S. S. Lima, and P. H. Aguiar, “Evaluation of onyx HD-500 embolic system in the treatment of 84 wide-neck intracranial aneurysms,” Neurosurgery, vol. 64, no. 5, pp. E865–E875, 2009.
- S. D. Simon, E. Eskioglu, A. Reig, and R. A. Mericle, “Endovascular treatment of side wall aneurysms using a liquid embolic agent: a US single-center prospective trial,” Neurosurgery, vol. 67, no. 3, pp. 855–860, 2010.
- W. Weber, R. Siekmann, B. Kis, and D. Kuehne, “Treatment and follow-up of 22 unruptured wide-necked intracranial aneurysms of the internal carotid artery with Onyx HD 500,” American Journal of Neuroradiology, vol. 26, no. 8, pp. 1909–1915, 2005.
- A. Molyneux, R. Kerr, I. Stratton et al., “International subarachnoid aneurysm trial (ISAT) of neurosurgical clipping versus endovascular coiling in 2143 patients with ruptured intracranial aneurysms: a randomised trial,” The Lancet, vol. 360, no. 9342, pp. 1267–1274, 2002.
- D. O. Wiebers, J. P. Whisnant, J. Huston III, et al., “Unruptured intracranial aneurysms: natural history, clinical outcome, and risks of surgical and endovascular treatment,” The Lancet, vol. 362, no. 9378, pp. 103–110, 2003.
- Y. Murayama, F. Vinuela, S. Tateshima, F. Vinuela Jr., and Y. Akiba, “Endovascular treatment of experimental aneurysms by use of a combination of liquid embolic agents and protective devices,” American Journal of Neuroradiology, vol. 21, no. 9, pp. 1726–1735, 2000.
- I. Szikora, Z. Berentei, Z. Kulcsar et al., “Treatment of intracranial aneurysms by functional reconstruction of the parent artery: the Budapest experience with the pipeline embolization device,” American Journal of Neuroradiology, vol. 31, no. 6, pp. 1139–1147, 2010.