- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Vehicular Technology
Volume 2009 (2009), Article ID 123231, 9 pages
Bifocal Stereoscopic Vision for Intelligent Vehicles
1Department of Agrarian Technology and Mechanisation, Polytechnic University of Valencia, Camino de Vera, 46022 Valencia, Spain
2Department of Agricultural and Biological Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1304 W. Pennsylvania Avenue, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
Received 28 November 2008; Revised 5 February 2009; Accepted 13 February 2009
Academic Editor: Rakesh Mishra
Copyright © 2009 Francisco Rovira-Más et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Y.-C. Lim, C.-H. Lee, S. Kwon, and W.-Y. Jung, “Distance estimation algorithm for both long and short ranges based on stereo vision system,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Intelligent Vehicle Symposium (IV '08), pp. 841–846, Eindhoven, The Netherlands, June 2008.
- F. Rovira-Más, Q. Wang, and Q. Zhang, “Configuration of stereo systems for off-road intelligent vehicles,” in Proceedings of the American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers Annual International Meeting (ASABE '08), Providence, RI, USA, June-July 2008, paper no. 083541.
- S. Datta, R. Ray, and D. Banerji, “Development of autonomous mobile robot with manipulator for manufacturing environment,” International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, vol. 38, no. 5-6, pp. 536–542, 2008.
- M. Bajracharya, B. Moghaddam, A. Howard, and L. H. Matthies, “Detecting personnel around UGVs using stereo vision,” in Unmanned Systems Technology X, vol. 6962 of Proceedings of SPIE, pp. 1–13, Orlando, Fla, USA, March 2008.
- N. Simond and P. Rives, “What can be done with an embedded stereo-rig in urban environments?” Robotics and Autonomous Systems, vol. 56, no. 9, pp. 777–789, 2008.
- C. F. Olson, H. Abi-Rached, M. Ye, and J. P. Hendrich, “Wide-baseline stereo vision for Mars rovers,” in Proceedings of the IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS '03), vol. 2, pp. 1302–1307, Las Vegas, Nev, USA, October 2003.
- V. Subramanian and T. F. Burks, “Autonomous vehicle turning in the headlands of citrus groves,” in Proceedings of the American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers Annual International Meeting (ASABE '07), Minneapolis, Minn, USA, June 2007, paper no. 071015.
- J. Kogler, H. Hemetsberger, B. Alefs, W. Kubinger, and W. Travis, “Embedded stereo vision system for intelligent autonomous vehicles,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Intelligent Vehicle Symposium (IV '06), pp. 64–69, Tokyo, Japan, June 2006.
- S. Kato, K. Tomita, and S. Tsugawa, “Visual navigation along reference lines and collision avoidance for autonomous vehicles,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Intelligent Vehicle Symposium (IV '96), pp. 385–390, Tokyo, Japan, September 1996.
- R. Bostelman, T. Hong, R. Madhavan, T. Chang, and H. Scott, “Performance analysis of an autonomous mobile robot mapping system for outdoor environments,” in Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on Control, Automation, Robotics and Vision (ICARCV '06), pp. 1–6, Singapore, December 2006.
- A. Broggi, C. Caraffi, P. P. Porta, and P. Zani, “The single frame stereo vision system for reliable obstacle detection used during the 2005 DARPA grand challenge on TerraMax,” in Proceedings of the 9th IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITSC '06), pp. 745–752, Toronto, Canada, September 2006.
- S. Ashley, “Liquid zoom,” Scientific American Magazine, vol. 15, October 2007.
- F. Rovira-Más, J. F. Reid, and Q. Zhang, “Stereovision data processing with 3D density maps for agricultural vehicles,” Transactions of the ASABE, vol. 49, no. 4, pp. 1213–1222, 2006.