- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Vehicular Technology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 506235, 15 pages
A Real-Time Embedded Blind Spot Safety Assistance System
Institute of Electrical and Control Engineering, National Chiao Tung University, Hsinchu 300, Taiwan
Received 14 October 2011; Accepted 9 January 2012
Academic Editor: David Fernández Llorca
Copyright © 2012 Bing-Fei Wu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. C. McCall and M. M. Trivedi, “Video-based lane estimation and tracking for driver assistance: survey, system, and evaluation,” IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 20–37, 2006.
- W. C. Chang and C. W. Cho, “Online boosting for vehicle detection,” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Part B, vol. 40, no. 3, pp. 892–902, 2010.
- R. O'Malley, E. Jones, and M. Glavin, “Rear-lamp vehicle detection and tracking in low-exposure color video for night conditions,” IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, vol. 11, no. 2, Article ID 5446402, pp. 453–462, 2010.
- X. Liu and K. Fujimura, “Pedestrian detection using stereo night vision,” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 53, no. 6, pp. 1657–1665, 2004.
- R. Labayrade, C. Royere, D. Gruyer, and D. Aubert, “Cooperative fusion for multi-obstacles detection with use of stereovision and laser scanner,” Journal of Autonomous Robots, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 117–140, 2005.
- C. Y. Wong and U. Qidwai, “Intelligent surround sensing using fuzzy inference system,” in Proceedings of the 4th IEEE Conference on Sensors 2005, pp. 1034–1037, November 2005.
- O. Achler and M. M. Trivedi, “Vehicle wheel detector using 2D filter banks,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Intelligent Vehicles Symposium, pp. 25–30, June 2004.
- M. Ruder, W. Enkelmann, and R. Garnitz, “Highway lane change assistant,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Intelligent Vehicles Symposium, vol. 1, pp. 240–244, 2002.
- J. Díaz, E. Ros, S. Mota, G. Botella, A. Cañas, and S. Sabatini, “Optical flow for cars overtaking monitor: the rear mirror blind spot problem,” in Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Vision in Vehicles, pp. 1–8, Granada, Spain, 2003.
- P. H. Batavia, D. A. Pomerleau, and C. E. Thorpe, “Overtaking vehicle detection using implicit optical flow,” in Proceedings of the International IEEE Conference on Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITSC '97), pp. 729–734, November 1997.
- B. E. Stuckman, G. R. Zimmerman, and C. D. Perttunen, “A solid state infrared device for detecting the presence of car in a driver's blind spot,” in Proceedings of the 32nd Midwest Symposium on Circuits and Systems, pp. 1185–1188, August 1989.
- M. Krips, J. Velten, A. Kummert, and A. Teuner, “AdTM tracking for blind spot collision avoidance,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Intelligent Vehicles Symposium, pp. 544–548, June 2004.
- T. Yoshioka, H. Nakaue, and H. Uemura, “Development of detection algorithm for vehicles using multi-line CCD sensor,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP '99), pp. 21–24, October 1999.
- A. Techmer, “Real-time motion analysis for monitoring the rear and lateral road,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Intelligent Vehicles Symposium, pp. 704–709, June 2004.
- K. Furukawa, R. Okada, Y. Taniguchi, and K. Onoguchi, “Onboard surveillance system for automobiles using image processing LSI,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Intelligent Vehicles Symposium, pp. 555–559, June 2004.
- S. Jeong, S. W. Ban, and M. Lee, “Autonomous detector using saliency map model and modified mean-shift tracking for a blind spot monitor in a car,” in Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Machine Learning and Applications (ICMLA '08), pp. 253–258, December 2008.
- C. T. Chen and Y. S. Chen, “Real-time approaching vehicle detection in blind-spot area,” in Proceedings of the 12th International IEEE Conference on Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITSC '09), pp. 1–6, October 2009.
- B. Çayir and T. Acarman, “Low cost driver monitoring and warning system development,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Intelligent Vehicles Symposium, pp. 94–98, June 2009.
- I. Cohen and G. Medioni, “Detecting and tracking moving objects for video surveillance,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Computer Society Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR '99), pp. 319–325, June 1999.