- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Vehicular Technology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 945365, 8 pages
A Pedestrian Navigation System Using Cellular Phone Video-Conferencing Functions
1Shizuoka University, Hamamatsu 432-8561, Japan
2Toyohashi University of Technology, Toyohashi 441-8580, Japan
Received 24 July 2012; Accepted 19 November 2012
Academic Editor: Martin Reisslein
Copyright © 2012 Akihiko Sugiura and Takuya Shoji. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. G. Gollege, “Recent advances in human wayfinding and spatial cognition,” IEICE Transactions on Fundamentals of Electronics, Communications and Computer Sciences, vol. J87-A, no. 1, pp. 3–12, 2004.
- R. Fukui, H. Shirakawa, Y. Utagawa, H. Shigeno, K. Okada, and Y. Matsushita, “A proposal and evaluation related to display method of pedestrian navigation information using cellular phone,” IPSJ Transactions, vol. 44, no. 112, pp. 2968–2978, 2003.
- K. R. Schougaard, K. Gronbaek, and T. Scharling, “Indoor pedestrian navigation based on hybrid route planning and location modeling,” in Proceedings of the 10th International Conference, pp. 289–306, June 2012.
- A. Mulloni, D. Wagner, I. Barakonyi, and D. Schmalstieg, “Indoor positioning and navigation with camera phones,” IEEE Pervasive Computing, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 22–31, 2009.
- S. Yamashita and T. Hasegawa, “On the M-CubITS pedestrian navigation system by a camera-equipped mobile phone,” IEICE Technical Report, vol. 103, no. 672, pp. 21–25, 2004, ITS2003 110-118.
- K. Iwata, “A survey on low-power media processors for mobile applications,” Journal of the Institute of Image Information and Television Engineers, vol. 64, no. 4, pp. 488–494, 2010.
- H. Kato, M. Billinghurst, K. Asano, and K. Tachibana, “An augmented reality system and its calibration based on marker tracking,” VRSJ Transactions, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 607–616, 1999.
- G. Klinker, D. Stricker, and D. Reiners, “The use of reality models in augmented reality applications,” Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 1506, pp. 275–289, 1998.
- J. Rekimoto, “Matrix: a realtime object identification and registration method for augmented reality,” in Proceedings of the Asia Pacific Computer Human Interation (APCHI '98), pp. 15–17, July 1998.
- Z. Zhang, “Flexible camera calibration by viewing a plane from unknown orientations,” in Proceedings of the 7th IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision (ICCV '99), pp. 666–673, Corfu, Greece, September 1999.
- J. Zhou, H. Watanabe, and T. Kawaoka, “Extraction of information region on signboard from scene image? The stable background,” IEICE Technical Report on Pattern Recognition and Media Understanding, vol. 102, no. 652, pp. 37–42, 2003.
- T. Yamaguchi, H. Aono, and S. Hongo, “Feature of Signboard pictures using a mobile camera,” IEICE Technical Report on Pattern Recognition and Media Understanding, vol. 104, no. 448, pp. 1–6, 2004.
- G. Mo and Y. Aoki, “A recognition method for traffic sign in color image,” IEICE Transactions on Information and Systems, vol. J87-D-II, no. 12, pp. 2124–2135, 2004.
- Y. Hu, T. Nagao, M. Okazaki, and T. Chinone, “Image matching process on images taken by a cellular phone,” Journal of the Institute of Image Information and Television Engineers, vol. 57, no. 9, pp. 1177–1186, 2003.