- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Vehicular Technology
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 192516, 10 pages
Modeling and Analysis of Connected Traffic Intersections Based on Modified Binary Petri Nets
1Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI), Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
2Transportation Active Safety Institute (TASI), Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI), Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Received 30 October 2012; Revised 18 February 2013; Accepted 19 February 2013
Academic Editor: Aboelmagd Noureldin
Copyright © 2013 Omar Yaqub and Lingxi Li. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- L. Li and D. S. Kim, “Least-cost path estimation in wireless ad hoc sensor networks using Petri nets,” in Proceedings of the 5th ACM International Conference on Ubiquitous Information Management and Communication (ICUIMC '11), Seoul, South Korea, February 2011.
- C. N. Hadjicostis and G. C. Verghese, “Power system monitoring using Petri net embeddings,” IEE Proceedings C, vol. 147, no. 5, pp. 299–303, 2000.
- N. Lu, Power system modeling using Petri nets [Ph.D. thesis], 2002, http://www.ima.umn.edu/~mali/thesis.pdf.
- F. S. Hsieh and J. B. Lin, “Context-aware workflow management for virtual enterprises based on coordination of agents,” Journal of Intelligent Manufacturing, 2012.
- F. S. Hsieh and C. Y. Chiang, “Collaborative composition of processes in holonic manufacturing systems,” Computers in Industry, vol. 62, no. 1, pp. 51–64, 2011.
- F. S. Hsieh, “Design of reconfiguration mechanism for holonic manufacturing systems based on formal models,” Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence, vol. 23, no. 7, pp. 1187–1199, 2010.
- L. Li, C. N. Hadjicostis, and R. S. Sreenivas, “Designs of bisimilar Petri net controllers with fault tolerance capabilities,” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics A, vol. 38, no. 1, pp. 207–217, 2008.
- A. di Febbraro and S. Sacone, “Hybrid modelling of transportation systems by means of Petri nets,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, pp. 131–135, October 1998.
- A. di Febbraro, D. Giglio, and N. Sacco, “Modular representation of urban traffic systems based on hybrid petri nets,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conferences on Intelligent Transportation Systems, pp. 866–871, August 2001.
- C. R. Vázquez, H. Y. Sutarto, R. Boel, and M. Silva, “Hybrid Petri net model of a traffic intersection in an urban network,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Control Applications (CCA '10), pp. 658–664, Yokohama, Japan, September 2010.
- A. di Febbraro, D. Giglio, and N. Sacco, “Urban traffic control structure based on hybrid petri nets,” IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 224–237, 2004.
- G. F. List and M. Cetin, “Modeling traffic signal control using Petri nets,” IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 177–187, 2004.
- Y. Qu, L. Li, Y. Liu, Y. Chen, and Y. Dai, “Travel routes estimation in transportation systems modeled by Petri nets,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Vehicular Electronics and Safety, pp. 73–77, Qingdao, China, July 2010.
- Y. S. Huang and T. H. Chung, “Modeling and analysis of urban traffic lights control systems using timed CP-nets,” Journal of Information Science and Engineering, vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 875–890, 2008.
- Y. S. Huang and P. J. Su, “Modelling and analysis of traffic light control systems,” IET Control Theory and Applications, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 340–350, 2009.
- Y. S. Huang, Y. S. Weng, and M. Zhou, “Critical scenarios and their identification in parallel railroad level crossing traffic control systems,” IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 968–977, 2010.
- C. G. Cassandras and S. Lafortune, Introduction to Discrete Event Systems, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2008.
- T. Murata, “Petri nets: properties, analysis and applications,” Proceedings of the IEEE, vol. 77, no. 4, pp. 541–580, 1989.
- R. David and H. Alla, Discrete, Continuous, and Hybrid Petri Nets, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2005.
- Y. S. Huang, “Design of traffic light control systems using statecharts,” The Computer Journal, vol. 49, no. 6, pp. 634–649, 2006.
- J. Moody, K. Yamalidou, M. Lemmon, and P. J. Antsaklis, “Feedback control of petri nets based on place invariants,” Automatica, vol. 32, no. 1, pp. 15–28, 1996.