- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Vehicular Technology
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 582691, 13 pages
Vehicle Yaw Rate Estimation Using a Virtual Sensor
1Mechanical Engineering Department, İstanbul Technical University, 34437 İstanbul, Turkey
2Mekar Labs, Faculty of Engineering and Architecture, Mechanical Engineering Department, İstanbul Okan University, Tuzla Campus, Tuzla, 34959 İstanbul, Turkey
3Tofaş R&D Center, 16010 Bursa, Turkey
Received 9 October 2012; Revised 12 March 2013; Accepted 12 March 2013
Academic Editor: Hilario Gómez-Moreno
Copyright © 2013 Mümin Tolga Emirler et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- UNECE—United Nations Economic Commission for Europe, Transport Programme, Electronic Stability Control Systems Regulation, Annex. 9, E/ECE/324, E/ECE/TRANS/505, Regulation no.13-H, p. 3, November 2009.
- N. Sivashankar and A. G. Ulsoy, “Yaw rate estimation for vehicle control applications,” Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement and Control, vol. 120, no. 2, pp. 267–274, 1998.
- W. Chee, “Yaw rate estimation using two 1-axis accelerometers,” in Proceedings of the IEEE American Control Conference (ACC '05), pp. 423–428, Portland, Ore, USA, June 2005.
- A. Hac and M. D. Simpson, “Estimation of vehicle side slip angle and yaw rate,” SAE Paper 2000-01-0696, 2000.
- G. Zenhai, “Soft sensor application yaw rate measurement based on Kalman filter and vehicle dynamics,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Intelligent Transportation Systems, October 2003.
- C. Novara, F. Ruiz, and M. Milanese, “Direct identification of optimal SM-LPV filters and application to vehicle yaw rate estimation,” IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 5–17, 2011.
- Y. A. Ghoneim and Y. K. Chin, “Active brake control having yaw rate estimation,” US Patent 6 169 951 B1, 2001.
- P. J. T. Venhovens and K. Naab, “Vehicle dynamics estimation using Kalman filters,” Vehicle System Dynamics, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 171–184, 1999.
- H. Cherouat, M. Braci, and S. Diop, “Vehicle velocity, side slip angles and yaw rate estimation,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Symposium on Industrial Electronics (ISIE '05), pp. 349–354, June 2005.
- M. T. Emirler, K. Kahraman, M. Şentürk, B. A. Güvenç, L. Güvenç, and B. Efendioğlu, “Estimation of vehicle yaw rate using a virtual sensor,” in Proceedings of the IFAC National Member Organization Conference (TOK '09), Yıldız Technical University, Turkey, 2009.
- M. T. Emirler, K. Kahraman, B. A. Güvenç, L. Güvenç, and B. Efendioğlu, “Estimation of road vehicle yaw rate using a virtual sensor and an observer,” in Proceedings of the European Control Conference (ECC '09), Budapest, Hungary, 2009.
- M. T. Emirler, Vehicle yaw rate estimation using virtual sensor and vehicle lateral dynamics control [M.S. thesis], Istanbul Technical University, Istanbul, Turkey, 2010, Turkish.
- L. Imsland, T. A. Johansen, T. I. Fossen, H. F. Grip, J. C. Kalkkuhl, and A. Suissa, “Vehicle velocity estimation using nonlinear observers,” Automatica, vol. 42, no. 12, pp. 2091–2103, 2006.
- U. Kiencke and A. Daiß, “Observation of lateral vehicle dynamics,” Control Engineering Practice, vol. 5, no. 8, pp. 1145–1150, 1997.
- B. Samadi, R. Kazemi, K. Y. Nikravesh, and M. Kabganian, “Real-time estimation of vehicle state and tire-road friction forces,” in Proceedings of the IEEE American Control Conference (ACC '01), pp. 3318–3323, Arlington, Va, USA, June 2001.
- B. A. Güvenç, L. Güvenç, E. S. Öztürk, and T. Yiğit, “Model regulator based individual wheel braking control,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Conference on Control Applications, Istanbul, Turkey, 2003.
- D. Simon, Optimal State Estimation, Wiley, Hoboken, NJ, USA, 2006.
- J. Ackermann, P. Blue, T. Bünte, et al., Robust Control: The Parameter Space Approach, Springer, London, UK, 2002.
- CarMaker Reference Manual and User’s Guide.