- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
International Journal of Zoology
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 428752, 5 pages
An Evaluation of Ad Hoc Presence-Only Data in Explaining Patterns of Distribution: Cetacean Sightings from Whale-Watching Vessels
1School of Ocean Sciences, Bangor University, Menai Bridge, Anglesey LL59 5AB, UK
2School of Engineering and Natural Sciences, Faculty of Life and Enviromental Sciences, Elding Whale-Watching, Ægisgata 7, 101 Reykjavik, Iceland
3Division of Science, Institute of Biomedical and Environmental Science and Technology, University of Bedfordshire, Luton LU1 3JU, UK
4School of Engineering and Natural Sciences, Faculty of Life and Enviromental Sciences, University of Iceland, Sturlugata 7, 101 Reykjavik, Iceland
Received 1 March 2012; Accepted 10 April 2012
Academic Editor: Anne Goodenough
Copyright © 2012 Louisa K. Higby et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [3 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Adam Hart, Richard Stafford, Anne Goodenough, and Simon Morgan, “The Role of Citizen Science and Volunteer Data Collection in Zoological Research,” International Journal of Zoology, vol. 2012, pp. 1–3, 2012.
- Richard Stafford, Adam G. Hart, and Anne E. Goodenough, “Using Long-Term Volunteer Records to Examine Dormouse (Muscardinus avellana rius) Nestbox Selection,” Plos One, vol. 8, no. 6, 2013.
- Mark G. Meekan, Tova H. Bornovski, and Jessica J. Meeuwig, “Acoustic Telemetry Validates a Citizen Science Approach for Monitoring Shar ks on Coral Reefs,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 4, 2014.