- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Interdisciplinary Perspectives on Infectious Diseases
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 254159, 10 pages
Enteroaggregative Escherichia coli: An Emerging Enteric Food Borne Pathogen
1Department of Pathology, Scott & White Memorial Hospital and Clinic, The Texas A&M Health Science Center College of Medicine, Temple, TX 76508, USA
2Department of Experimental Medicine and Biotechnology, Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh 160012, India
Received 6 October 2009; Revised 30 November 2009; Accepted 21 January 2010
Academic Editor: Joshua Metlay
Copyright © 2010 P. Kaur et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [15 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Lindsey A. Edwards, Mona Bajaj-Elliott, Nigel J. Klein, Simon H. Murch, and Alan D. Phillips, “Bacterial- Epithelial Contact Is a Key Determinant of Host Innate Immune Re sponses to Enteropathogenic and Enteroaggregative Escherichia coli,” Plos One, vol. 6, no. 10, 2011.
- Fernando Navarro-Garcia, and Waldir P. Elias, “Autotransporters and virulence of enteroaggregative E. coli,” Gut Microbes, vol. 2, no. 1, 2011.
- Wolf-Rainer Abraham, “Megacities as Sources for Pathogenic Bacteria in Rivers and Their Fate Downstream,” International Journal of Microbiology, vol. 2011, pp. 1–13, 2011.
- Damien Maura, Eric Morello, Laurence du Merle, Perrine Bomme, Chantal Le Bouguenec, and Laurent Debarbieux, “Intestinal colonization by enteroaggregative Escherichia coli supports long -term bacteriophage replication in mice,” Environmental Microbiology, vol. 14, no. 8, pp. 1844–1854, 2012.
- A. Palmeiro, C. Toro, G. Dhabi, A. Amor, N. Iglesias, P. Trevisi, J. Blanco, S. Puente, and M. Baquero, “Diarrhoeagenic Escherichia coli pathotypes in travellers attending a tropical medicine unit in a Spanish hospital,” Journal of Medical Microbiology, vol. 61, no. Pt_10, pp. 1485–1487, 2012.
- Dafni-Maria Kagkli, Silvia Folloni, Elodie Barbau-Piednoir, Guy Van den Eede, and Marc Van den Bulcke, “Towards a Pathogenic Escherichia coli Detection Platform Using Multiplex SY BR (R) Green Real-Time PCR Methods and High Resolution Melting Analysis,” Plos One, vol. 7, no. 6, 2012.
- Li Bai, Shengli Xia, Ruiting Lan, Liyun Liu, Changyun Ye, Yiting Wang, Dong Jin, Zhigang Cui, Huaiqi Jing, Yanwen Xiong, Xuemei Bai, Hui Sun, Jin Zhang, Lei Wang, and Jianguo Xu, “Isolation and Characterization of Cytotoxic, Aggregative Citrobacter freund ii,” Plos One, vol. 7, no. 3, 2012.
- Damien Maura, Matthieu Galtier, Chantal Le Bouguenec, and Laurent Debarbieux, “Virulent Bacteriophages Can Target O104:H4 Enteroaggregative Escherichia co li in the Mouse Intestine,” Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy, vol. 56, no. 12, pp. 6235–6242, 2012.
- Jun-Young Kim, Se-Mi Jeon, Hyungjun Kim, Nara Lim, Mi-Sun Park, and Seong-Han Kim, “Resistance to Fluoroquinolone by a Combination of Efflux and Target Site Mutations in Enteroaggregative Escherichia coli Isolated in Korea,” Osong Public Health and Research Perspectives, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 239–244, 2012.
- Lisa Kaiser, and Christina M. Surawicz, “Infectious causes of chronic diarrhoea,” Best Practice & Research In Clinical Gastroenterology, vol. 26, no. 5, pp. 563–571, 2012.
- Vijay Vanguri, Erik J. Boll, YuShuan Lai, Beth A. McCormick, and John M. Leong, “Shiga Toxin-Producing Escherichia coil O104:H4 An Emerging Pathogen with En hanced Virulence,” Infectious Disease Clinics of North America, vol. 27, no. 3, pp. 631–+, 2013.
- M. T. Nuesch-Inderbinen, E. Hofer, H. Hachler, L. Beutin, and R. Stephan, “Characteristics of enteroaggregative Escherichia coli isolated from healthy carriers and from patients with diarrhoea,” Journal of Medical Microbiology, vol. 62, no. Pt_12, pp. 1828–1834, 2013.
- Soeren L. Becker, Juerg Vogt, Stefanie Knopp, Marcus Panning, David C. Warhurst, Katja Polman, Hanspeter Marti, Lutz von Mueller, Cedric P. Yansouni, Jan Jacobs, Emmanuel Bottieau, Moussa Sacko, Suman Rijal, Fransiska Meyanti, Michael A. Miles, Marleen Boelaert, Pascal Lutumba, Lisette van Lieshout, Eliezer K. N'Goran, Francois Chappuis, and Juerg Utzinger, “Persistent digestive disorders in the tropics: causative infectious pathoge ns and reference diagnostic tests,” Bmc Infectious Diseases, vol. 13, 2013.
- K. Herzog, J. Engeler Dusel, M. Hugentobler, L. Beutin, G. Saegesser, R. Stephan, and M. Nueesch-Inderbinen, “Diarrheagenic enteroaggregative Escherichia coli causing urinary tract infe ction and bacteremia leading to sepsis,” Infection, vol. 42, no. 2, pp. 441–444, 2014.
- Pierangeli G. Vital, Kris Genelyn B. Dimasuay, Kenneth W. Widmer, and Windell L. Rivera, “Microbiological Quality of Fresh Produce from Open Air Markets and Supermarkets in the Philippines,” The Scientific World Journal, vol. 2014, pp. 1–7, 2014.