- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Interdisciplinary Perspectives on Infectious Diseases
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 238743, 9 pages
Contact Heterogeneity and Phylodynamics: How Contact Networks Shape Parasite Evolutionary Trees
1Section of Integrative Biology, The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX 78712, USA
2Center for Computational Biology and Bioinformatics, The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX 78712, USA
3Institute for Cellular and Molecular Biology, The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX 78712, USA
Received 4 June 2010; Accepted 15 October 2010
Academic Editor: Katia Koelle
Copyright © 2011 Eamon B. O'Dea and Claus O. Wilke. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [8 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- David A. Rasmussen, Oliver Ratmann, and Katia Koelle, “Inference for nonlinear epidemiological models using genealogies and time series,” PLoS Computational Biology, vol. 7, no. 8, 2011.
- Frederik Graw, Thomas Leitner, and Ruy M. Ribeiro, “Agent-based and phylogenetic analyses reveal how HIV-1 moves between risk groups: Injecting drug users sustain the heterosexual epidemic in Latvia,” Epidemics, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 104–116, 2012.
- Trevor Bedford, Andrew Rambaut, and Mercedes Pascual, “Canalization of the evolutionary trajectory of the human influenza virus,” Bmc Biology, vol. 10, 2012.
- Gabriel E. Leventhal, Roger Kouyos, Tanja Stadler, Viktor von Wyl, Sabine Yerly, Juerg Boeni, Cristina Cellerai, Thomas Klimkait, Huldrych F. Guenthard, and Sebastian Bonhoeffer, “Inferring Epidemic Contact Structure from Phylogenetic Trees,” Plos Computational Biology, vol. 8, no. 3, 2012.
- Erik M. Volz, “Complex Population Dynamics and the Coalescent Under Neutrality,” Genetics, vol. 190, no. 1, pp. 187–U311, 2012.
- Shah Jamal Alam, Xinyu Zhang, Ethan Obie Romero-Severson, Christopher Henry, Lin Zhong, Erik M. Volz, Bluma G. Brenner, and James S. Koopman, “Detectable signals of episodic risk effects on acute HIV transmission: Strategies for analyzing transmission systems using genetic data,” Epidemics, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 44–55, 2013.
- Gkikas Magiorkinis, Vana Sypsa, Emmanouil Magiorkinis, Dimitrios Paraskevis, Antigoni Katsoulidou, Robert Belshaw, Christophe Fraser, Oliver George Pybus, and Angelos Hatzakis, “Integrating Phylodynamics and Epidemiology to Estimate Transmission Diversity in Viral Epidemics,” Plos Computational Biology, vol. 9, no. 1, 2013.
- Christophe Fraser, Nick Fyson, Ted Cohen, Katy Robinson, and Caroline Colijn, “How the Dynamics and Structure of Sexual Contact Networks Shape Pathogen Phylogenies,” Plos Computational Biology, vol. 9, no. 6, 2013.